“pizzzahhhhhh”

Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Michigan
“pizzzahhhhhh”
Reviewed December 18, 2013

this is a wonderful resteraunt. especially for lunch when they have baked potaoes added to the menue. the staff is friendlt and the owner is nice.this is liek an adult chuck e cheese and worth the money to get in. fun atmosphere and if you want a particular pizza tell them and they will make it. they also have the birthday club to sign up for. their pizzas are a bit different from the norm. lik they have a blt pizza or big mic ( big mac pizza), the coney ( hot dogs nad chilli and onions , the hani , the bbq chicken or the chicken alfredo. they are all pretty good. i never tried the jalepeno and never will lol. they also have a full salad bar, pasta bar, and dessert pizzas and also includes a drink and great music.

• Visited December 2013

Michigan
“Food is good, sanitation not so much”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our first visit to American Pie at the recommendation of some of our family members. This pizza joint is tucked away inside a little shopping plaza right across the street from the hospital. When you first walk in the door it looks like a pretty cool place. There are many movie memorabilia items hanging on the walls and from the ceiling! It gives you something interesting to look at while you eat. They also have a small arcade at the back of the restaurant which is nice for the kids.

For 4 adults it was $34 and some change which isn't bad considering that included tax and your drinks. They do offer senior discounts and someone in our party did qualify for that but the cashier never bothered to ask if we wanted the discount. When we pointed out the discount she just said "oh sorry" and left it at that. She didn't even bother to fix the mistake which is something that Stevie B's did for us the last time we went there. Not a big deal per say but to some it may be a deal breaker, especially in this tough economy.

There are plenty of items to choose from at this pizza buffet. There is a good selection of items at the salad bar, although they don't have bacon bits which make a salad in my opinion! They also offer pasta with either marinara or meat sauce. The pasta is actually pretty tasty. Now moving on to the pizza. They have many different pizza options: chili dog, blt, hawaiian, cheese, deep dish pepperoni, big mac, pineapple, supreme, vinny (italian sausage)...they even have an atomic pizza which we ordered and it is very spicy. They have a challenge to see if you can eat the whole atomic pizza by yourself if you are daring enough.

Now for the cons. When they put fresh pizza out you have to practically fight for it which kind of ruins the experience. If you aren't right there when the pizza comes out, you aren't getting any and it will be awhile before they put another one out like it. You can request to have a pizza made but they won't make you a custom one. You have to choose from their list unlike Stevie B's where you can create any type of pizza you want and you don't have to share it with anyone because they will bring it right to your table and you can take home the left overs. Also, there were numerous forks in the "clean" bin that had food caked on them. Not just little water spots, I am talking bites of food on them. Totally disgusting and the dirty fork is mixed amongst the clean ones. The glasses for the pop machine are all stacked next to the pop machine and they are soaking wet. You have to pry the cups apart. Isn't that against some health code violation? Cups should be completely dry before being put out for customers, as well as the plates. Who wants to put pizza on a wet plate. That's gross. The floors are also so sticky I almost lost my shoe. That was nasty. And you see the same employees that are picking your dirty dishes up come from the kitchen area with clean dishes; I can't help but wonder if they wash their hands every time they touch dirty dishes.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank dbsr15
roseville
“FIRED WHILE IN THE HOSPITAL”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

I use to work for American Pie and I worked my butt off for a month or so before I was diagnosed with diabetes. I told the manager before that I might have diabetes and I might have to go to the hospital to make sure if I do or not. That week when I was in the hospital I was scheduled to work good hours. I called right when I was rushed to the hospital and told the manager what was going on. I asked if he could get people to cover me for this week and he told me it was my job to do so, when I just started working there and I believe that's the managers job. I called the day I got out of the hospital and a employee told me that I wasn't on the schedule and that I was fired. I was going to sue then but I decided not to. they pay under the table and I only got 5 dollars and hour so it was no big deal about getting fired. But I am in need of a job now very bad so I called to see if I could get my job back and they hung up on me. worst customer service ever! with me there nobody would be treated so poorly, I cant stand them and the way they make the pizza in unsanitary just a warning!

• Visited July 2012
Hallandale Beach, Florida
“Most horrible Staff”
Reviewed February 9, 2013

i would just like say that i have never been treated so poorly in my dining experience. The food is not that bad however the staff sucks. I waited about 25 minutes at the register untill i made them pay attention to me. once i gave in my order this zack morris looking guy said they arent doing slices or salads. What good is a pizza place IFYOU CANT GET A SLICE of pizza. He said several rude comments to me. Lets not mention the way other customer were being treated. Its not the fact that they are busy that service is horrible its that these kids are rude and not properly trained. Its not the first time either. i have herd horror stories of other customers i took my chance and they failed. they constantly fail to put in orders and they give attitude for their mistake. it can be a good place they just either need to train their staff better or just get people that are better at their jobs

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank estell p
Bay City, Michigan
“Full meal”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is an all you can eat pizza place. They have salads, pasta, and plenty of pizza. There were at least 15 different kinds of pizza out there at once; plus some dessert pizzas. I have food allergies, so there were quite a few that I could not eat, but I was able to get a full meal out of it. All this for $8 and change.

Everytime a new pizza came out of the kitchen, there would be a canned announcement over the loudspeaker system. For example, when the barbequed chicken pizza came out, there was a 'finger lickin good' announcement; when the Hawaiian pizza came out, they played 10 seconds of 'Hawaii Five-O' theme. There werealso specialty pizzas such as chili dog, egg and cheese, and BLT with mayo.

Once concern was that they were sometimes slow at cleaning off the tables. I had two dirty plates waiting to be taken away for several minutes.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank PAUL8539

Been to American Pie? Share your experiences!