“Excited about returning”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Michigan
“Excited about returning”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

I'm excited about returning to this lovely place. Upon arrival we were treated with such respect, courteously and charm. The atmosphere is so cozy and comforting w/ a nice warm fire to enhance your visit. This was our first trial and it was New Years Eve; a crowd was anticipated from the start.
The food was outstanding, fresh, hot and served with great pleasure from our server. I had the Hummus Quinoa (fresh & tasty). Kale Salad (outstanding) and Broiled Whitefish (superb). Everything was served on time, meals coursed accurately. Drinks & water were replenished without request. I'm certainly impressed with the staff, food and ambiance considering it was a full house. Hats off to the owners, we will return.

• Visited January 2014

Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Bad”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

slow,slow and slow and loud and you just wait for waitress and table and food why can Barrel back not get it together? I go to other area places to eat and there fine.

• Visited December 2013
michigan
“A+ dining”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This a great place! There's no big sign on the road, so if u don't know what you're driving by u may think it's a marina building (which it used to be). Upper level restaurant overlooking the lake. Outside dining available(with overhead heaters). Yummy homemade food. Try the pot pie it is unbelievable. Great view, great food and service. We were there on a friday nite and it was packed. 1 hr wait ...worth it.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank laurey
cudjoe key
“poor service- keep going to Petoskey or Boyne City”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We weren't they only ones there that were complaining- one person got very irate when paying her bill

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank northgringo
Tumwater, Washington
“Lunch out with family”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

The Barrel Back is an awesome addition to the Village. The food is excellent and the view is even better.
We went there for lunch, on my first day of vacation at Walloon. It had been highly recommended to me by my sister, who had been visiting earlier in the year. The restaurant is on the second floor of the building, which offers one of the best views of the lake around.
The decor is industrial, which is pretty cool. The windows are glass garage doors, which can be raised to make the view even more incredible.
I had the perch sandwich, which was tasty, but a bit on the bland side. The perch was breaded and fried, and I think I would have liked the sandwich even more if it had been broiled, but that was not an option at the time.
The blue cheese angus burger got rave reviews- cooked to perfection and an excellent size.
We also had the smoked chicken wings- which were amazing! Crispy bites of deliciousness- I could have eaten all of them myself, they were so good.

• Visited September 2013