“Waterfront delight”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Sitting out on their huge deck overlooking Walled Lake is the best way to cap off a work week!
The Grille's menu is expansive from pizza , sandwiches to seafood and steak. We started with the most spectacular shrimp cocktail second only to those found on the Gulf! We enjoyed a wonderful pour of wine to accompany our blackened salmon salads. Boats passed by and swans paddled in the sunset. A delightful evening.
The waitstaff was very attentive.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Visiting from out of town while attending a conference in Detroit, we asked our hotel staff to recommend something local. Bayside Grill was his first suggestion. All four of us enjoyed our meals. The menu offered a wide variety of reasonably priced meals. We were lucky enough to be seated on the outer porch area overlooking the calm waters of Walled Lake.

Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This is one of those places we go to where we wish we could talk to the owner. It has everything going to make it an exceptional place but it is tolerable at best.
Why? Poor management as perceived by each visit.
Bathrooms filthy as reported independently by my adult son and my wife.
Loud, blaring music on the outside porch. I tipped the bus boy $5 when he actually turned it way down at my request.
We go there about 3 times a summer because it has a great lakeside location and is half way between our house and our adult son's house.
The food is decent, adequate, but nothing exceptional.
I don't like to wait to be seated, and realizing the above facts, there is seldom a wait. We go there but never recommend it to anyone. Hope the owners read this. It is the hardest review I have ever tried to write.

2  Thank mich-weedman
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Used to be good years ago but now only some food is good but most is not and it's all overpriced. I live right down the street and keep giving it chances but im done hoping itll be good until the management &/or owner change. Extremely slow, bad servicev and unbelievably RUDE staff. Carryout service is a joke, don't waste your time. view of the lake is the only thing good about Bayside.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been at Bayside Sports Grille several times but decided to take my family there for the first time for my birthday. We had a table in the covered porch area right by the water with a great view of the lake. My daughter ordered the Tropical Coconut Chicken "Coconut Breaded Chicken, topped with Mango Salsa, Mango Honey Sauce and your choice of Coconut Ginger Rice or Garlic Mashed Potatoes" which was very good. She didn't care for the mango salsa because she doesn't like cilantro but I thought it was excellent. She got garlic mashed potatoes. I never care for them out at restaurants because the consistency always seems like paste, as was the case this time.

I ordered Mediterranean Mahi Mahi. The fish was tender with a breaded topping. Their description is "Crumb Crusted Fresh Mahi Mahi with Tomatoes, Artichokes, Capers, Fresh Basil and Balsamic Vinaigrette. Served with Garlic Mashed Potatoes and Fresh Sauteed Vegetables" I asked if I could substitute the garlic mashed potatoes for the coconut ginger rice and I was allowed to. I usually don't like rice out at restaurants but this was very tasty. My son ordered Buffalo Ranch Chicken Sandwich "Beer Battered Chicken Breast tossed with Hot Sauce, Fried to a Golden-Crisp, topped with Swiss Cheese, Lettuce and Tomatoes. Served on a Brioche Bun and a side of Ranch Dressing". He enjoyed his sandwich with fries.

A salad or soup came with some of our dinners. I ordered the gumbo soup which was spicy hot but delicious. The minestrone soup was good as well. We were served warm bread with sweet butter, it was very good. The one thing I don't really care for is the green beans served with my dinner. While the green beans seem fresh they serve it with a tomato paste type of sauce. I think they would have been better served plain. We all had good portions and ended up taking quite a bit home for another meal.

In the past I have done Groupon for this restaurant and enjoyed their Filet Mignon. It was very tender and delicious. I think basically it was pay $20.00 get $40.00 worth of food for two people.
There are several choices where to sit at high top tables near the bar, inside lakeside with good views of the lake, small room for private parties, outdoor covered porch, and outside on the deck with umbrella tables. At night they often have live bands and a small dance floor. They also have a good side bar if you wish to sit there. The bar seems to be well equipped to offer you your favorite drink. There are also many flat screen tvs if you want to keep track of your favorite sports team.

This restaurant can also accommodate larger groups as I have some here for a ladies night, bachelorette party and seen birthday parties. They did give me a small sundae with chocolate sauce and sprinkles topped with whipped cream and a cherry. Will definitely come again.