“Great view, bad food”

Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Commerce Township, Michigan
“Great view, bad food”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We have tried a couple of times to go to this place on the lake. The first time it was too packed, the second time we were walking up to the door and a man coming out warned us that the food was bad and the service was worse. Since there was over a half an hour wait we decided to go elsewhere. Tonight we went as guests of my sister and her fiance for her birthday. My husband ordered a burger- medium rare and it was beyond well done.When it got to the table the burger and french fries were cold. He said he could have gotten a better burger at the chain fast food place down the road. I ordered a Caribbean Shrimp Salad and got a plate full of (bagged?) lettuce. The red lettuce was wilted and black so I picked it out. I got four small shrimp (the frozen kind) . Not grilled, not seasoned...and one tasted particularly "shrimpy". Several of the potato selections were not available. My sister asked for red peppers and cheese for her pizza and only got the cheese and finally flagged down another waiter to grab the red pepper off the next table. The table was an outdoor patio metal mesh table and there was dried food in the mesh. The service could have been much better...the waiter picked up the appetizer dishes but left most of our dinner plates in place as we sat there talking and we were were not overstaying. Since this was a monday night, the patio was probably 3/4 full but the interior was empty. Since we were guests we did not complain. Everyone at the table said their food was "okay" without enthusiasm or elaboration. To this restaurants credit the view is great, the ice tea was brewed and my husband enjoyed his Arnold Palmer. Maybe the thing to do is go there for drinks and ok appetizers (if you can get in) and then head east on Maple Road to the Uptown Grill or across the street to Pepinos for some great food at about the same price.

• Visited June 2012

Brighton
“Great food with a view”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

We went here during the hydroplane race weekend so needless to say this place was packed. We ate both lunch and dinner. The quality of the food was top notch. If I were to choose again, I would have skipped lunch and only went for dinner. Food quality was great, however a sandwich is a sandwich for the most part. The hostess was very helpful in getting us an amazing seat on the deck. The service I found was average, nothing exceptional, but not bad at either lunch or dinner...especially considering how busy they were with it being race weekend. Food portions were fair and prices were reasonable as well. Overall a great meals and would definitely recommend this place for a summer outdoor dining experience.

• Visited June 2012
Detroit, MI
“Plan carefully for a pleasant summer evening”
Reviewed May 25, 2012

This is exurban lake is a 30-minute drive from Detroit. It's also an all-sports lake and Bayside Grille is a sports bar, which keeps them going through other seasons but neither of which appeal to us by themselves. We a) had a coupon, b) went pre-season (3 days before Memorial Day weekend) before noisy crowds and traffic jams, c) timed our dinner for when the day was cooling down, and d) waited to go until perfect weather.

Result: a delightful dinner for two on the deck. The other customers were a mix of couples, girlfriend-groups, families, well-behaved buddies, etc. The lake was quiet enough for fisher-folk, a few pontoon boats, and a family of swans (Mom, Dad, 9 fuzzy cygnets). The wine list is pedestrian. Our food was very good -- we had filet and prime rib that were cooked perfectly.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank mleonard6
Wolverine Lake
“Horriable Customer Service”
Reviewed March 28, 2012

I along with four friends went to Bayside this evening with a Restaurant.com Coupon. Even though our bill was $60 with over $35 in food the manager wouldn't honor our coupon because we had Drink Specials. I asked wasn't the purpose of coupons was to attract new business? He said no, they didn't need the business, they were busy. Not for long! Not with mediocre food and poor customer service.

• Visited March 2012
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Wonderful”
Reviewed February 14, 2012

On Valentines day my husband and I went to the Bayside Sports Grille for a romantic dinner. We both ordered the 6 oz Filet Mignon. They use a special marinade called "zip sauce" and it was sprinkled with toasted onions. So tender and the flavor was amazing,it's hard to describe. Our waiter was Eric, ask for him. He was perfect in every way. Amazing view of the lake. Remember Filet Mignon,waiter Eric and the lake. So go now and enjoy yourself!

• Visited February 2012