“They need a new cook. Won't go back.”
Review of Emerson Lake Inn

Emerson Lake Inn
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Walhalla
Cuisines: American
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

It took almost an hour for two fish dinners and a burger. It was a Sunday night tourists had left the area, only about six tables of people in dinning room bar and porch combined. Coleslaw was warm, burger was raw in the middle and fries were soaked with grease. Fries with the Burger had fish mixed in. Great view of the lake.

Reviewed October 3, 2013

Looked clean, nice view of lake. Great deck accomodation looked to be screened. Summer evening outdoor insect avoidance potential is high.

1  Thank John P
Reviewed September 20, 2013

my wife out it was the worst serv and the food was horrible everything was over seasoned and the fish was mushy for the pric the servic the service sucked

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I called about 1 pm today to arrange to pay for my daughters anniversary dinner with her husband. I had to phone twice to get a human. The man stated that the manager would call me back and the phone number was on the caller ID. More than two hours later, I called again and the woman on the line said that the manager, Kathy had stepped of the building and that she had tried to look me up. I asked to have her call me back. She called me back and refused to take my credit card. She stated that my daughter and husband had reservations for 6:30 and when they were done, she would call me and get the information. She stated she didn't want to have to write the information down and keep it. (Should have been a clue) So I waited for three hours. No phone call. I called my daughter to see how their dinner was and I got the report that they had seafood platters and the swai was salty, lake perch was good and the blue gills were fishy. Now when I called them it was before 9:30 pm. I called Emerson and asked for Kathy the manager, Rene said "I'll see if she's available. Who's calling? I told her and I could hear her ask Kathy if she was available. Kathy got on the phone and had the audacity to say "they didn't show up!! What a joke!! This is a very sad situation and it won't end here. Gene Cowell is the owner and he will be hearing from me. If anyone else has any problems at Emerson Lake Inn contact him at 462-3636

Reviewed March 3, 2013

While staying at Red Moose Lodge we were sent over to Emerson for a nice dinner. They even had menus in their rooms so we had a good idea what and where to go.
Nice place and good meal....Worth the price.

1  Thank Joyce B