“Beats the heck out of Marriott Courtyard”
Review of Comfort Inn Utica

Comfort Inn Utica
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Utica
“Beats the heck out of Marriott Courtyard”
Reviewed July 20, 2014

After staying at the Marriott Courtyard this was an oasis. The room was spacious the bathroom had plenty of room. The pillows and bed very very comfortable. The staff was more than accommodating. The complimentary breakfast had a tremendous variety. Only negative was the TV reception wasn't the best.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
Thank you so much for choosing the Comfort Inn of Utica. We understand there are many fine lodging choices available in the area and we are so pleased that you chose us.

We are so delighted to hear that you had such a satisfying stay. Thank you for mentioning the positive interactions with our guest services team. This is what we strive for with each and every guest

We are thrilled that you found our new Comfort Cozy bedding package to be so comfortable. A comfortable night's sleep is an important part of our experience. We are glad you also had an opportunity to stop in our morning breakfast café and sample some of the new menu items we have recently added to our hot buffet line. We are pleased that you found a nice variety to choose from. Each season we change up the menu to continually give our guests new selections to enjoy.

I apologize that the television reception was not satisfactory during your visit. I have notified our Maintenance team to inspect the television in your guest room and make any necessary repairs or replacements. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

On behalf of our entire Comfort Inn team, we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

I can't say enough about Comfort Inm Utica, Mi. Whenever im in town from Canada this is my spot. I met my parents here for mothers day weekend, which also was my moms bday as well. I called ahead of time and Brad made it so special, he made sure our rooms was connected and presented my parents room with special accomodations. Our weekend was so special and lovely, Brad and the team went out of their way to make it so nice and I truly appreciate that.
I made reservations a few days ago, on the way we had an accident so I had to cancel the reservation, Naomi was so sweet asking if we were ok, and she hope we'd be ok. We didn't stay at the hospital as long as I thought, so we continued the trip from canada. It was early, way too a Early for check in but I called any way. Mark the night auditor was so awesome, he said come on in Val we'll takecare of ya. Omg my husband and I was so happy and appreciative because we were so tired from the trip, accident etc. As always Mark and Brad made sure I got my room on the floor I always like and really made our check in and check out a pleasant one. The rooms are always nice clean and cozy. The atmosphere is always so pleasant, quiet and stress free. Being a Gospel recording artist this is what I need when I get away.

Thank you Comfort Inn for always being so Awesomely Amazing, my husband and I truly love you guys like family because you make us feel like family when we're there. May God Bless you all!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Evangelist Val T
We appreciate you once again taking the time to write a review about your stay! We are so happy that we were able to leave a good lasting impression on you.

I am delighted to hear that you received such personal, accommodating service from Brad, our Front Desk Manager, Mark our Senior Auditor, and Naomi our Guest Services Agent. Brad, Mark and Naomi are outstanding team members that truly care about each and every guest, particularly our loyal repeat guests that they have come to know so well. I have passed along your compliments to Brad, Mark, Naomi and all of our outstanding staff members. They, as much as I, deeply appreciate your endorsement and the extra time you took out of your busy day to share your opinions with other travelers.

On behalf of our entire Comfort Inn team, we look forward to welcoming you back very soon!
Oakville, Canada
Reviewed July 16, 2014

Looks like I am not the only one to return for another stay at this hotel.
As I have written in the past review, this hotel is highly recommended for any one who has any business in this part of the town.
The check in was easy, the beds were very comfortable and clean.
Bathroom was clean as well with change of towels everyday.
I don't know if there has been a change in internet provider, but I found that this year, the wifi speed was good. Watching streaming videos on the wifi was not a problem at all.
Breakfast was good, and the lady taking care of the breakfast area was diligent. However, the spread was very limited, we ended up going somewhere else for breakfast.

The location of the hotel, while convenient as it is near many shopping malls and restaurants, gives me palpitation everytime I drive out to join Hall road. Drivers in this area drive very fast, and they have no qualms driving up close behind just to show that you are too slow for them. It was especially stressful when going to Target, Home depot, etc. I had to take a U-turn very soon after joining Hall road, and that involved cutting across several lanes at high speed.

One suggestion to the hotel: there are usually good reasons for families to want to stay in adjacent rooms. Most hotels would have given adjacent rooms for rooms on the same booking without being asked. In our case, we specifically requested for adjacent rooms during our booking. Not only were we not given adjacent rooms, but our rooms were on different ends of the same floor.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
We value sincere reviews we receive from our guests and we thank you for taking the time to once again write us one. Our housekeeping team works very hard to ensure that our rooms are always spic and span, and so it is always a delight when someone takes notice of that. Thank you!

My team takes all of our guest's comments very seriously as opportunities for improvement in the weeks and months ahead. I apologize that you felt our breakfast selection was limited. We usually receive very positive feedback on our breakfast menu and definitely take notice when someone feels we could improve our selection. The next time you stay with us, please reach out to me or one of our team members with some suggestions on what you would like to see on the buffet line - we would be most happy to try and accommodate your requests. Some of our very best Idea's have come from our valued guests.

I am so happy you felt the WiFi was much improved, and your are correct that we have made recent changes to our Internet services. We are also in the process of upgrading and expanding our television programming and hope our guests will soon enjoy some terrific new entertainment options. . I am disappointed to learn that you did not receive connecting or adjacent rooms with your traveling family members. We certainly do try to accommodate all requests on room preference and location but sometimes availability places limitations on what we can do. The next you are planning a trip to our Comfort Inn of Utica, please contact me personally and I will make every effort to secure the arrangements you prefer.

Thank you very much for your hearty recommendation—we hope to welcome you back soon!
Vanderbilt, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2014

First time staying here was terrific, but the second was even better. We were remembered from the first-by name! these people sure do deserve a raise. The breakfast was good and it was very clean. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for once again choosing our Award Winning Comfort Inn for your recent stay in the Utica/Sterling Heights area. We have read your comments about our hotel and we greatly appreciate that you took the time to review your visit with us.

I want thank you for the generous compliments! We try very hard and it makes everyone, especially our dedicated Comfort Inn Guest Services Team, feel great when customers send us words of praise.

Thank you again for your compliments. It is truly our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you return to our area.
North Augusta, South Carolina
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Very nice staff, free parking/wi-fi, clean and affordable. Booked our room on short notice and ended up staying another night in which the hotel honored the same rate. Already booked this hotel for our next trip in August. Highly recommend

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel, and for saying that we are a great hotel.

We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is our main priority and we are delighted that you took the time to provide a Trip Advisor review on your stay with us.

Thank you for continuing to be a repeat customer – that is the greatest compliment of all.

We look so forward to welcoming you back this month!
Forgotten Coast
Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

What a great stay we had.
23 years ago, we spent our wedding night here, so for a treat, we stopped by to see if anything was available. Crystal (maybe the hotel industries finest front desk staff member and should be Comfort Inn employee of the year) treated us like we had been friends for years. She got us a whirlpool room that was clean and comfortable. She took care of all our last minute needs. The breakfast was fantastic!
Location easily accessible to 59 & 53.
Thanx again Comfort Inn and Crystal for a really great night!!!!

• Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your excellent review! It is such a delight to have had the opportunity to welcome you back 23 years later and we appreciate your continued patronage of our hotel.

I was especially thrilled to learn that Crystal had made such a great impression on you. I have shared your comments with her and the rest of our Guest Services Team. We try to be consistent with our service, always making sure that each and every guest gets the special treatment they deserve. We hope to continue serving you in the many years to come. Looking forward to your next visit with us

Thank you for the glowing recommendation and for choosing Comfort Inn of Utica.
Missouri
Reviewed June 30, 2014

I never do reviews, but this place needs a great one! The beds are so comfortable! So many comfy pillows and the mattress cover and comforter is oh so so so heavenly! You will not want to leave bed! I complimented the awesome manger for this! The breakfast was out of the norm good. You have every choice thinkable for the morning. Eggs, Omelets, bacon, other meats, french toast, waffles, oatmeal with every kind of toppings, muffins, biscuits, cereals, fruit, etc. etc. They leave things out on front desk to munch on (cookies, etc.) Coffee ready all day/night with great mix of flavor creamers. The bathrooms are HUGE, new carpet, clean! This place just has a lot going for it and a kudos is deserved...enough to make me do a review!!! Great staff too : )

Room Tip: There are other hotels in the area, but not as good (I have stayed in most). Choice this one and be...