“Cabelas/Xmas shopping weekend”
Review of Comfort Inn Utica

Comfort Inn Utica
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We started out in Dundee MI, at Cabela's. Wanted to go shopping on the Utica strip (hundreds of stores/malls to shop through) before heading back to London, ON. Stayed at the Comfort Inn in Utica. Went out for supper then back to the room for a good nights sleep before our shopping excursion the next day. Awesome sleep!!!! The Continental Breakfast was fabulous. Excellent choices for you enjoy!!! Will definitely stay there again. Thank you to all at the Utica Comfort Inn!!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2014

We are so delighted to hear that you had such a satisfying stay. A comfortable night's sleep is an important part of our experience. We strive to insure a restful night's sleep for all of our guests and pay particularly close attention to feedback concerning the comfort and quality of sleep. I'm glad to hear you approve of our new Comfort Cozy bedding package.

We are glad you also had an opportunity to stop in our morning breakfast café and sample some of the new menu items we have recently added to our hot buffet line.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Inn Utica

Reviewed January 7, 2014

I stayed at this hotel for several days in early December, 2013. I would definitely stay there again. Everyone on staff who I encountered was friendly, helpful and competent. That included several front desk personnel, the lady who kep the breakfast room spotless and well-stocked, and the maintenance man who responded within 2 minutes to my call about a problem with my room heater - which he fixed by replacing the entire unit within an hour. The bedding and pillows were great, I slept like a dead man. The breakfast offerings, which at first glance seemed to be the standard fare we find at all hotels of this ilk, were enhanced by the breakfast lady who made the coffee just a little bit better and delivered small quantities of omelets, etc., frequently, so the food didn't get old and cold. She also kept the place spotless and was quite friendly but unobtrusive. I also appreciated that they provided USA Today.

I arrived around dinnertime, was on a tight timeline, and somewhat concerned about getting some food in me quickly. Imagine my pleasant surprise when I was offered a light meal of Sloppy Joe sandwich (pretty good, too), potato salad, etc., right there in the lobby as I checked in. That little touch made a big impression.

The place wasn't perfect. When I arrived in my room it was at least 90 degrees in there (probably the reason the heater died the next day). I shut it down and opened the windows so by midnight when I returned it was tolerable. I mentioned it to the front desk and they explained that the room's carpet had been cleaned the day before and the heat turned up to dry it quickly. Probably a good explanation, but the room should have either been brought down to a reasonable temp before being rented out or taken off-line for an extra day or two. The bathtub showed long-term grime buildup, something that just shouldn't be allowed to happen.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your assessment of your recent stay at our hotel.

We very much appreciate and value your sincere feedback. Your review will serve as encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services to provide an exceptional experience for our guests. It is always a pleasure to receive such positive feedback and we will be certain to pass along your kind words to all of our valued team members.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

My wife and our Papillon needed to find a place to stay for 3 days while attending a family gathering. The family is in Romeo, Mi and there are motels closer but Comfort Inn Utica took pets.
We always travel with our dog so we gave this place a shot. Good move. We have never stayed anywhere that didn't have a pet fee. This Comfort Inn did not charge us for the pet. There would have been a charge if there was damage done by the pet. That's never happens.

As for as the facility and staff, everything was top notch. Very clean, comfortable and the complimentary breakfast was great. We plan to stay again. I would highly recommend this Comfort Inn at Utica, Mi.

Room Tip: We requested a bottom floor and they did accommodate this request.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your recent stay experience with us here on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear you enjoyed the room and that service was superior. I will be sure to pass along your kind words as it helps us when we know we have truly made a difference to those we serve each and every day.

Happiest of holidays from our family to yours and we look forward to welcoming you, your wife and your cute Papillon back very soon!

Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a Thanksgiving Day Vacation with family that lived close by.
The location was great. Breakfast was very good. Price was right. We have stayed in other chains nearby on previous visits. I would definitely return to this location. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was very pleased with everything. Have already recommended it to my friends who are planning a shopping expedition to Michigan. It is located near great stores and near a big indoor mall.

Room Tip: We had a room on main floor which was quiet and accessible with luggage and shopping.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so happy to hear of your satisfaction in staying with us this Thanksgiving holiday.

Thank you very much for sharing with us and the many Trip Advisor travelers how much you have enjoyed your visit at our award winning Comfort Inn of Utica. I'm so pleased to know that you had a pleasurable experience and that our staff helped brighten your stay with us! We are flattered that you feel our hotel is worthy of commendation!

I know that you are very busy and much appreciate the time that you took to share your opinions with other travelers.

Wishing you a Safe & Happy Holiday Season.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was totally amazed at the friendly staff, cleanliness of the room and the free dinner we were given at this motel. When we checked in the staff was great. They told us they were offering dinner in the lobby (customer appreciation) that evening. My daughter and I had been Christmas shopping all day and dreaded going back out for dinner that evening. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the room, free wi-fi and friendly staff. We will stay there again!!! Cudos to this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for choosing the Comfort Inn of Utica. We understand there are many fine lodging choices available in the area and we are so pleased that you chose us.

We are glad you also had an opportunity to join us for our weekly guest appreciation reception and that you were able to enjoy some of the “Winter Warm-Up” menu items that we have recently added to our December Tuesday evening menu. We strive to make everyone's experience exceptional.

I am truly pleased to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your holiday shopping experience, but most importantly, that you would love to visit with us again. On behalf of our entire Comfort Inn team, we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Happy Holidays to you & your family

Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very nice place. Pleased with how clean everything was. Only thing not to liking in the room was the open bathroom area. There is an opening where the tub is that let's you see into the main room. To close it you only have a shower curtain. You are heard when going to do your private business on the toilet. Need to run water or feel embarrassed. Breakfast & staff just excellent!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for joining us this Thanksgiving. We understand you have numerous options in the city and we are delighted that you chose us.

I know that you are very busy and very much appreciate the time that you took to let us know how your recent stay was. I was truly pleased to read your compliments about the cleanliness of our hotel and that our staff did a great job for you during your visit with us. I will be certain to share your comments with our guest services team.

Please accept my apologies for the accommodations not being ideally suited to your expectations. Fortunately we have several different room designs and I have made a note on your guest account to reserve an alternate room type on your next visit.

Thank you again for the helpful feedback and please reach out to me if I may personally assist with your next visit.

Wishing you a safe & happy holiday season!

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Brad the front desk manager is pleasant and friendly and makes you feel like you are a guest in his home.All staff go above and beyond what is required of staff- We have stayed at this Comfort Inn once or twice every year for the last 4 years- previously stayed in Port Huron at different hotels and never received the service we receive in Utica. The rooms are clean , well kept , the beds are very comfortable and snuggly. The breakfast is very satisfying with something for everyone. I did not find the halls noisy and ,if they were it was children running up and down the halls making the noise- that is a problem parents should correct the hotel is not a running track nor a playground. The fridge and microwave provide the ability to enjoy a meal or drink after a long day of shopping. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. The in-room safe is an added bonus- just a tip don't close the safe door when you are checking out or leave the instructions for safe use in the safe and close the door. The wifi connection was great.The shopping in the area is great you can find anything you need within a 5-10 min drive of the hotel. Lakeside Mall- Partridge Creek Mall- Kohls, Target, Christmas Tree Shop, Marshalls, TJ Maax, Costco, Walmart and any number of great restaurants. The bottom line is this hotel will not disappoint you and I will be staying again in the future. There is no swimmming pool in this hotel for anyone who may be interested.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the 3rd floor everytime and in different rooms and have no complaints.Love the size...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank dolores c

Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our Comfort Inn of Utica. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received such personal, accommodating service from Brad, our Front Desk Manager as well as exemplary service from all of our award-winning team members. Guest comfort and satisfaction is something we take great pride in providing to all of our valued guests, so I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit so much!

Thank you for continuing to be a repeat customer – that is the greatest compliment of all! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights

Been to Comfort Inn Utica? Share your experiences!