“Utica Michigan Comfort Inn Excellent”
Review of Comfort Inn Utica

Comfort Inn Utica
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Oakville, Canada
“Utica Michigan Comfort Inn Excellent”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

We stayed at the Comfort Inn for a Thanksgiving Day Vacation with family that lived close by.
The location was great. Breakfast was very good. Price was right. We have stayed in other chains nearby on previous visits. I would definitely return to this location. I read the reviews on Tripadvisor and was very pleased with everything. Have already recommended it to my friends who are planning a shopping expedition to Michigan. It is located near great stores and near a big indoor mall.

Room Tip: We had a room on main floor which was quiet and accessible with luggage and shopping.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
I am so happy to hear of your satisfaction in staying with us this Thanksgiving holiday.

Thank you very much for sharing with us and the many Trip Advisor travelers how much you have enjoyed your visit at our award winning Comfort Inn of Utica. I'm so pleased to know that you had a pleasurable experience and that our staff helped brighten your stay with us! We are flattered that you feel our hotel is worthy of commendation!

I know that you are very busy and much appreciate the time that you took to share your opinions with other travelers.

Wishing you a Safe & Happy Holiday Season.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Lapeer, Michigan
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I was totally amazed at the friendly staff, cleanliness of the room and the free dinner we were given at this motel. When we checked in the staff was great. They told us they were offering dinner in the lobby (customer appreciation) that evening. My daughter and I had been Christmas shopping all day and dreaded going back out for dinner that evening. I can't say enough about how much we enjoyed the room, free wi-fi and friendly staff. We will stay there again!!! Cudos to this Comfort Inn.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for choosing the Comfort Inn of Utica. We understand there are many fine lodging choices available in the area and we are so pleased that you chose us.

We are glad you also had an opportunity to join us for our weekly guest appreciation reception and that you were able to enjoy some of the “Winter Warm-Up” menu items that we have recently added to our December Tuesday evening menu. We strive to make everyone's experience exceptional.

I am truly pleased to read that you and your daughter enjoyed your holiday shopping experience, but most importantly, that you would love to visit with us again. On behalf of our entire Comfort Inn team, we thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Happy Holidays to you & your family
Utica
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Very nice place. Pleased with how clean everything was. Only thing not to liking in the room was the open bathroom area. There is an opening where the tub is that let's you see into the main room. To close it you only have a shower curtain. You are heard when going to do your private business on the toilet. Need to run water or feel embarrassed. Breakfast & staff just excellent!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Thank you for joining us this Thanksgiving. We understand you have numerous options in the city and we are delighted that you chose us.

I know that you are very busy and very much appreciate the time that you took to let us know how your recent stay was. I was truly pleased to read your compliments about the cleanliness of our hotel and that our staff did a great job for you during your visit with us. I will be certain to share your comments with our guest services team.

Please accept my apologies for the accommodations not being ideally suited to your expectations. Fortunately we have several different room designs and I have made a note on your guest account to reserve an alternate room type on your next visit.

Thank you again for the helpful feedback and please reach out to me if I may personally assist with your next visit.

Wishing you a safe & happy holiday season!
Komoka, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Brad the front desk manager is pleasant and friendly and makes you feel like you are a guest in his home.All staff go above and beyond what is required of staff- We have stayed at this Comfort Inn once or twice every year for the last 4 years- previously stayed in Port Huron at different hotels and never received the service we receive in Utica. The rooms are clean , well kept , the beds are very comfortable and snuggly. The breakfast is very satisfying with something for everyone. I did not find the halls noisy and ,if they were it was children running up and down the halls making the noise- that is a problem parents should correct the hotel is not a running track nor a playground. The fridge and microwave provide the ability to enjoy a meal or drink after a long day of shopping. My daughter thoroughly enjoyed the jacuzzi tub. The in-room safe is an added bonus- just a tip don't close the safe door when you are checking out or leave the instructions for safe use in the safe and close the door. The wifi connection was great.The shopping in the area is great you can find anything you need within a 5-10 min drive of the hotel. Lakeside Mall- Partridge Creek Mall- Kohls, Target, Christmas Tree Shop, Marshalls, TJ Maax, Costco, Walmart and any number of great restaurants. The bottom line is this hotel will not disappoint you and I will be staying again in the future. There is no swimmming pool in this hotel for anyone who may be interested.

Room Tip: I have stayed on the 3rd floor everytime and in different rooms and have no complaints.Love the size...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank dolores c
Thank you for such wonderful feedback on your recent stay at our Comfort Inn of Utica. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received such personal, accommodating service from Brad, our Front Desk Manager as well as exemplary service from all of our award-winning team members. Guest comfort and satisfaction is something we take great pride in providing to all of our valued guests, so I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed your visit so much!

Thank you for continuing to be a repeat customer – that is the greatest compliment of all! I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Happy Holidays from our family to yours.
Canada
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I was completely blown away by the staff at this hotel. They act like and treat guests like it's a 5 star hotel. Better even. I usually keep track of staff names to give praise afterwards, I gave up here because every staffer I came into contact with was awesome. It's an 80's Comfort Inn the other side of the highway from the other hotels. But, it's been recently updated, is well kept and clean. The room was recently updated. The bathroom was stuck in the 80's but again, clean and well kept. I did have the 2 queen jacuzzi room which was fantastic. I'm 5 feet tall so the tub was like a personal pool. The glass block gave a nice low light glow. I've been in ultra hip new rooms that weren't this well kept and clean. I never heard any noise but I can see how somebody might if people weren't being quiet in the hallway. I slept well, very comfortable bed and pillows. The heat/ac unit worked very well, no rattling. The breakfast room is staffed and well stocked with cold and hot breakfast foods. I was very well fed. I had no issues with the wifi connection. I admit that I'm easy to please. My bottom line is good service and cleanliness. This hotel is a very pleasant surprise, a real gem. I would recommend it to any like minded traveller.

Room Tip: Ask for what you want, I'm sure they'll do their best to get it for you.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
It gives me great pleasure to read a review such as your own, thank you for taking the time to write. Our staff prides themselves on being personable and helpful in every way possible, so I’m delighted to hear our entire service team left such a favorable impression. I will be sure to pass along your compliments to all of our outstanding staff members! We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us when your travels bring you this way.

Happiest of Holidays to you and your family.

Best,
Walton, Ontario
Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located near Lakeside Mall and the Mall at Partridge Creek, with lots of other shopportunites surrounding in the surrounding area, and very near Great Lakes Crossing (about a 15-20 minute drive.) We got a very good rate for our group of shoppers here ($79 per room) and overall were pleased with the stay. The front desk staff were very welcoming and breakfast was good (waffles, cereal, breads, apples & bananas, yogurt, milk, juice, eggs, ham & cheese), however we happened to go down to breakfast at 8:30 on Saturday morning when many other shoppers were there so it was crowded and hard to find a seat.
This is just a basic Comfort Inn, but was pleasantly decorated and the room we had was average size with a huge closet. The mattresses in our room were hard; okay if you like a very firm mattress, I guess. Avoid the rooms with whirlpool tubs; the wall separating the bathroom from the bedroom is mostly glass block, so anytime anyone turns on the bathroom light during the night, it's like having a very bright light on in the bedroom. Seriously, I thought my roommate had turned on every light in the room when she came in late and went to the bathroom to wash and get ready for bed! This would NOT be good if you had children that are sensitive to light!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Deborah J, General Manager at Comfort Inn Utica, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
On behalf of myself and the entire staff, please accept my apology for your less than perfect stay at our Award Winning Comfort Inn of Utica.
We strive to ensure our patrons experience the best visits possible during their travels and we fell short of our goal this time. We consider anything less than a 5 star rating to be a missed opportunity to "Wow" our valued guests. We take every complaint seriously, no matter how minor the complaint may be. I feel badly that your comfort was impacted by the bright bathroom lighting with the decorative glass block wall and that our new Comfort Cozy bedding package was too firm for your preference. Fortunately we do offer many other room types with differing features that I feel would be better suited for your needs. When planning a return visit to our area, please contact me personally and I would be most happy to reserve a more appropriate accommodation for you as well as provide a complimentary upgrade throughout your stay.
We hope you will see the improvement and enjoy your time with us in your next visit. Please feel free to contact me if you have any further questions or comments concerning your stay. Thank you for taking the time to express your honest opinions on your experience at Comfort Inn of Utica.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Came here for a wedding, and this place provided a nice, cozy, clean room. The only downside was that you can hear any noise going on in the hallway, so be prepared to bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper. The breakfast offered was quite good, with lots of options. Definitely recommend this place!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Such high praise regarding our team – thank you so very much for recognizing the staff members that are truly the heart of our hotel and they exemplify the best in hotel operations each and every day they come to work. I will be sure to share your comments with our entire team.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for all your kind comments. We look forward to being of service to you again soon.

Warm regards,
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Courtyard Detroit Utica

Been to Comfort Inn Utica? Share your experiences!