“excellent”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Chatham, Canada
“excellent”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had such a beautiful room...king size bed... The room was absolutely beautiful and clean...i go for clean, more than anything else. We never used the gym or much of the other facilites, but the dining area, again clean and the food of course was just your continental breakfast, so toast, egss, and cereal, as well as muffins etc. but they kept in nice and fresh. The staff, was excellent. We will be back the prices could of been a bit lower, but we thought we got a nice hotel for our money. Thanks again La Quinta

Room Tip: Great Room 319 and clean...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Atlanta
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We've stayed here a couple of times while visiting family. The staff is very friendly and courteous. There's always a pleasant greeting from whoever works the front desk. The free breakfast is adequate. The location is usually pretty quiet.

There are a couple of nagging things I wish they'd fix. The internet access on our last visit was almost non-existent. I complained to the front desk and was told tech support would be alerted, but nothing changed. We were on the fourth floor but it was no better in the breakfast area near the lobby. It seems they just have bad wireless coverage. In fact, one night I connected to the wireless network at the nearby Sam's club because the signal was stronger.

The other thing is the smoking. We must have had a smoker on our floor because on two nights we smelled it pretty strongly. The front desk agent was kind in her response and even came up to see if she could determine who was smoking in the area. But it's pretty disappointing when you book a room at a hotel that bills itself as smoke-free and you still have to put up with that.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Very Clean : ) Great location between East and West Side. Nice area close to many different restaurants. Pleasant staff the housekeeping said "Good Morning". Very pleased with stay. I look at reviews myself. I hope you find your stay as good as ours!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Atlanta
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Believe it or not, I checked out of a local Sheraton and moved to this La Quinta. The room was clean, the bed was firm and comfortable and the sheets were white. The AC unit worked properly and provided a great enviornment to simply get some work done. The hotel's Internet was fast and never failed. My only two recommendations are (1) to improve on the breakfast. Store bought breads, cold cereal and pre-made coffee is not the way I want to start my day. They didn't even have a waffle maker, which is something I find at 90% of the hotels any more. (2) Update your electrical outlets. I hate having to crawl around on the floor and getting under the desk to find an electrical outlet. And should I need to plug something in by the bed, I shouldn't have to decide what I need less; the light or the clock. That being said, I would definately stay at this hotel again and simply drive to Denny's or IHOP for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Courtyard Detroit Utica
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterling Heights
TownePlace Suites Detroit Sterli...
#3 of 7 in Sterling Heights

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica? Share your experiences!