“Best burger around!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed June 22, 2013

One of our favorite places to go in the area. Seasoned fries are great. Burgers are awesome, maybe order it a little more done than usual, as they are sometimes not as done as you would expect. Prices are great as well. Went out on a limb and tried the fish and chips and was pleasantly surprised! Three pieces of fish, fries, and coleslaw for $4.50.

Good beer selection, and the waitresses are always really friendly and remember your name/drink when you come in.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

A bar-burger and a few beers with old friends while home on vacation seemed like a fun evening. Sadly, about 12 hours later all of the fun had vanished while my head was in a toilet wondering excatly what was in my burger? The beer was great and cold, the waitresses cute and perky, and the seasoned fries were fine. But a raw burger made by a cook who never seems to wash his hands is a problem. I have since read the other negative review (too late). I can confirm this myself. Someone needs to explain to the cook why he should NEVER hold and touch his dirty phone while he his also touching raw hamburger meat without wearing gloves. Board of Health, we have a problem! Although I had not been here in years, there was a time when I ate plenty of great burgers here without issues. A damn shame... as I lost out on 2 days of my vacation. (I did the math... this burger cost me about 1/6th of a $3,000 trip home -- not exactly a value, IMHO!)

2  Thank MJinmyPJs
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Our family has gone here for YEARS and loved it... literally 100 times or more. In fact, a year or 2 ago I reviewed it as great. However, the last few months we have gotten sick after eating here more times than not. The issue seems to be that our burgers are now consistently served rather raw, even when ordered well done. We have also noticed that the long-time cook who constantly seemed to be washing his hands has been replaced by a newer guy who seems to do the exact opposite. A damn shame! Sorry, but seemingly consistent food poisening rates as terrible no matter how pleasant the waitresses are! We will not be back for a while until we know it has gotten safe again. CAVEAT EMPTOR!

6  Thank RickinShelby
Reviewed March 27, 2013

The Shamrock is small, but the food is really, really good and not expensive at all.
The Hamburgers are huge and very tasty. The service is quick, even when the place is packed.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

Shamrock still has the best burgers in Utica! They are the standard by which other burgers are judged in the Utica area!