“Great for shoppers!”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Utica
London, ON
“Great for shoppers!”
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Beautiful hotel that has been recently renovated. We had a room with 2 doubles and a living area with a sectional couch, 42 inch flat screen TV.

Would be great with little kids because they can sleep on one side of the room, parents could stay up.

Also a great place if shopping with friends - Lakeside Mall and all the big stores close by. You can walk to nearby restaurants and pubs for a dinner and a drink.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Michigan
Reviewed April 6, 2009

The hotel was lovely, inside and out. The room and flat screen tv were huge. There was a large pullout couch, too. However, the weekend we stayed there, the hotel was overly crowded due to some events in the area, and the elevators were a nightmare. Also, we were extremely disappointed that there was no hot tub, though there was a pool. On a brighter note, the lobby was beautiful with lots of room to lounge about, and the 24 hour cafe had some delicious cookies.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
Warren, MI
Reviewed March 14, 2009

When I step foot into the Hyatt I was amazed! I used the check-in kiosk. It was very user friendly. A staff even came to check to see if I was having any problems.

The hotel/rooms looks just like the photos. The room was very spacious. I stayed in a guestroom w/ king bed. The bed was comfy and yes, the pillows are soft and fluffy. The hotel is very clean. It looks almost new still.

The bathroom was a little snug. Enough space for you to get in and close the door. Instead of paper cups, they has 2 glass cup and a metal pail for ice.

The pre-made food was expensive. However, there are plenty of restaurants in the area.

The flat screen TV was nice, but the HD connection was not too good.

I loved the contemporary decor in the rooms/ hotel. It made me feel comfortable...and like I was in a upscale hotel (almost) =] At the end of the stay, I didn't want to leave. I wished I had made arrangements to stay another night. The staff were most wonderful. Very polite, and they greeted me whenever they saw me. I also used the kiosk to check out, and a staff member even came by to check on me again.

• Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Dallas
Reviewed February 6, 2009

This is one of those hotels you "Gasp" at when you get your surprise when you book on Priceline, but I have to tell you, I was dead wrong. It's basic, not a ton of services, but they go overboard to make you feel at home. First of all the rooms are big, with a living room with a 42 inch flat screen TV and a nice little desk for working. There is a huge couch in that room and it's a great place to relax for a while instead of just another bed. very small closet, the only downer from this whole place. Bathroom is small too, though you don't have to close the door to sit down (BEEN THERE!) They have complimentary breakfast, though it is very basic and 24 food service. You have to go downstairs and order from their limited menu, and the person behind the desk, the kings/queens of multi-taskers, go over and cook whatever you order. I was truly stunned at such a bargain hotel having such a great room. It's probably a 3-star hotel. One more thing: it was spotless.

• Liked — The rooms were a good size for the price
  • Disliked — location was bit out of the way
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled on business
Canton, Ohio
Reviewed January 10, 2009

I am currently at this hotel, sitting on the comfy couch, using their free wireless internet, and watching their 42 inch plasma TV. We are here for a physical therapy inservice and the other couple said "This might be the nicest hotel we've ever stayed at." and they are well traveled-been to many different countries and places. This hotel is AMAZING. The staff is friendly and VERY helpful. The rooms are tastefully decorated and clean. The beds are great. This morning I asked if we can buy their pillows. And I'm serious. I want their pillows. There is a small fridge, coffee machine/coffee in the room. For breakfast this morning they had a variety of Starbucks coffee, teas, fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, English muffins and toppings like butter, PB, jellies....it was FREE! You can also order a hot breakfast for an additional charge. We didn't check out the pool but they do have a workout room. I cannot rave enough about this hotel and their service. The price is sooo reasonable for the quality you receive. STAY HERE IF IN THIS AREA!
PS-The gentleman at the front desk said this hotel is only 1 year old (as of Jan 09).

• Liked — The 42 inch TV!
  • Disliked — Nothing! Nothing! No complaints!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
Sterling Heights, Michigan
Reviewed November 11, 2008

My family and I stayed at this hotel with a voucher we had from cashing in points from our checking account. The transaction went smoothly and the staff was friendly. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were nice, but the beds were not very comfortable. The tv was beautiful, but there was constant interference, like static. We did not order any movies because they were $10 a piece, but they had a very good collection to choose from. The complimentary breakfast was basic. I would of preferred some hot items, but everything was presented nicely. The pool was your average pool and the 2 times we went there there were no towels, but within minutes they were replenished. They had a water cooler machine that was empty the whole time we were there. No big deal, but why have one for guest if your not going to change the jug. They back door to the hotel by the pool could be opened and the room key access to the pool did not work so anyone could of come in. They did not have a jacuzzi which was a bummer. That is the one thing I look for in a hotel, but since the Hyatt in Dearborn that has a jacuzzi was booked, we settled for this one. All in all this was a basic hotel. I would have been a little disappointed if I had a paid for the night because there was nothing special, but as I did not I will say this is your average, clean hotel and if that is what your looking for then I would recommend this to you.

• Liked — cleanliness and front desk staff
  • Disliked — no jacuzzi
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
Philippines
Reviewed September 23, 2008

Nice hotel and excellent value. Hotel looked and felt new. The rooms were clean and spacious - a family of four could fit comfortably. Breakfast and internet access are already part of the room rate so you don't have to pay more. Hotel is conveniently located and accessible. It is near shopping complexes and dining outlets which is a great plus.

We enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Place Utica and would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — Room size, free breakfast and internet, location
  • Disliked — Bathroom and clothes closet a bit small
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Courtyard Detroit Utica

Been to Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica? Share your experiences!