“nice room odd extras”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Utica
Toronto
“nice room odd extras”
Reviewed June 30, 2008

The hotel rooms are really nice. The pool was cold but refreshing after a hot afternoon, however on my second swim at 10 am the next day there were no towels in the towel bin so I asked for one at the front desk, the lady went into the back and gave me a pile as in to say can you do my job for me, hey I just wanted one. Oh and there is no washroom in the pool area as well or hot tub either.

Breakfast was one of these theres the kitchen take what ever you want sort of like a cafeteria at a hospital but if you go around 9 you may find you have to wait for a seat, there wernt very many tables 6 maybe? I ate my breakfast at the "bar" which blended into the checkout desk and I felt strange eating my breakfast while watching front desk hotel staff working.

• Liked — TV room quiet clean and modern
  • Disliked — pool
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
chicago, il
Reviewed March 10, 2008

very friendly staff, hotel was super clean, the rooms are very comfortable, they feel more like a condo than a hotel room with the sectional sofa and comfortable bed, 42in flatscreen is always a nice bonus.. pool was a little chilly and the entire room that pool was in was also cold, not a place to relax.. the free breakfast is fastastic and u can order fairly decent food at any time of the day... my first stay at a hyatt place and i will go out of my way to stay at them in the future.. i love the concept..

• Liked — very clean and very modern
  • Disliked — cold pool!
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
Muskegon Michigan
Reviewed January 22, 2008

Loved the hotel staff ... super clean ... huge room for the same price of a conventional hotel room ... the pool was out of commision when we arrived at the hotel and the staff gladly gave us one free meal and a free movie!! One drawback that we found is there isn't a thermostat in the room and it was either too hot or too cold ... otherwise I would highly suggest this hotel to any traveler!!!

• Liked — Ease of location ... sophisticated atmosphere ... ask my son and he'd say the 42" plasma t.v.
  • Disliked — the pool was out of commision when we arrived
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed January 6, 2008

I stayed at the Hyatt Place in Utica for three nights in August. I found the rooms to be very inviting and extremely comfortable. Although it's one big room, your bed is separated by a wall which connects to the sofa area. It has a very nice desk with internet access. However, the internet access was being revamped while I was there so unfortunately it did not work from the room. That was the only disappointing aspect of my stay. When I spoke to management about this they were VERY accommodating and took care of me. I really felt as if my concerns were important to them. In fact, I received two follow up phone calls to make sure I was satisfied with how they handled the situation. A big thumbs up to their corporate offices for making their guests feel valued. The large flat screen tv is very nice and you can angle it to face the bed or the sofa. The only other area of concern I had was the broken door lock on one of the doors leading out to the parking lot. That is a security issue and I hope it has been fixed by now. Anyone could have come in that door and gone up the stairs without a room card.

The location of this hotel is great since it is close to several nice malls and a ton of great restaurants.

All in all there is something about this hotel that is so warm and inviting. I wouldn't hesitate to go back there in the future.

• Liked — The very inviting and clean room.
  • Disliked — Problems with the internet.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
DETROIT
Reviewed November 17, 2007

Just arrived here at Hyatt Place Utica Mi. The Hotel looks beautiful. The reception was warm and friendly and I was in my room within minutes. Room 119, clean and very nice. L-shaped couch in the room and it looks to be brand new bedding, curtains etc. The Hotel has a very nice smell to it as well. HUGE flat screen TV which is awesome to watch football.

There is also a cafe/bar here in the lobby. Serving Starbucks coffee too. There is a small menu as well with snacks and sandwiches.

I will write more when my stay is done and I'm home. I hope this helps.

• Stayed November 2007
1 Thank THERESA
Greenville, SC
Reviewed August 2, 2007

Newly remodeled hotel (change from Amerisuites to Hyatt Place). Nice TV in room - 42". Food and lobby bar not open yet due to recent changeover to Hyatt Place. A distinct odor in the hallways was not pleasant, but not noticeable in room (probably due to converted smoking floor to non-smoking when switch from Amerisuiites to Hyatt Place. Staff friendly. Breakfast was served in a conference room...would have liked it better in nice lobby sitting areas. Fitness room was two treadmills and a stairmaster...a bit disappoiunted with lack of weight machine/free weights. Overall nice stay though.

Stayed June 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Utica
La Quinta Inn & Suites Detroit Utica
Staybridge Suites Detroit-Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
Comfort Inn Utica
#3 of 7 in Utica
Hampton Inn Detroit / Utica - Shelby Township
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Detroit-Utica
Courtyard Detroit Utica

Been to Hyatt Place Detroit / Utica? Share your experiences!