“Great Mac and cheese”

Hogs Hollow Smokehouse
Ranked #13 of 53 Restaurants in Utica
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Hogs Hollow Smokehouse on the Corner of Cass and Auburn (Near the corner of Van Dyke and M-59 in downtown Utica)We have created a new unique menu featuring slow smoked meat entrees (Saint Louie Ribs, Brisket, Chicken and Pork Butt) along with specialties including Catfish, and Smoked Chicken Wings. We also have some new delicious sandwich creations such as our Texas Two Step and the Mother Clucker! Check out our New Menu for the fun new delicious fare. Hogs Hollow Smokehouse is a completely renovated two story building with the main floor being a traditional pub like feel with a comfortable outdoor dining area during the summer months and the second floor being a more modern industrial type look. Stop in and check us out!
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Hogs Hollow is in downtown UTica and serves a variety of barbecue meats and great Mac and cheese. They serve a good variety of mixed drinks also.

Date of visit: August 2016

Reviewed June 15, 2016 via mobile

Went here with colleagues from work. My pulled pork sandwich was average. Pork had a lot of fat. Mac and cheese was okay but lacking flavor. Others said Cornbread, chicken, and brisket was "just okay". For the cost, Bad Brads is much better and only a few minutes away.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed June 11, 2016

My wife and I visited Hogs Hollow before going to a game at Jimmy John's Field. I'm from Alabama and my taste in BBQ is influenced by that. I haven't found a BBQ joint in the area that I liked unit Hogs Hollow. The meat at Hogs Hollow was excellent. It had a neutral smokey taste. Some of the local places use too much cherry wood and the meat has a candied taste. Not so here. The service was slow and sketchy, but I think that was because they haven't figured out the demand from the ballpark and under scheduled, but I'm sure they'll figure it out.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed May 1, 2016

My wife and I went with a group to this stop, just off of M-59 at Cass. They have a good selection of smoked meat dishes, great bar, very good service. We dined in the bar area, however, they have a large dining room on the second floor.

My wife enjoyed the sliders, which are a mix of their smokehouse meat selections. They looked fantastic, and since she didn't share, I'm sure it was all good. I tried a half rack of the ribs. The rub was good, but the meat wasn't incredibly tender. I didn't expect it to fall off the bone, but that particular rack didn't cut it for me. The brisket sandwich was also good according to another in our party.

I'd certainly return to try some of the other dishes given the experience of the others in our party.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed April 20, 2016 via mobile

We thought we would try this place out, and left very underwhelmed.

The BBQ was just "ok", and came out cold. The service was great, as we were the only people in there.

Date of visit: February 2016
hogshollow, Owner at Hogs Hollow Smokehouse, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2016

I'm sorry to hear that your food was not to your satisfaction. Did you let your server know that the food was not to your liking? If so, did he/she try to take care of your issue?
We appreciate your comments and will do our best to correct this issue.
I hope you would give our little smokehouse another chance in the future.
Take care,