“Past it's Prime”

Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hall Road and Schoenherr
Transit: Smart Bus stop at Hall and Schoenherr.
Description: At your Utica, MI Buca, we're serving up amazing mouthwatering Italian dishes every day for lunch and dinner. Near the Rochester and Utica State Recreation Area and Lakeside Mall, lots of our guests come to our Hall Road location after they've worked up an appetite from sightseeing or shopping. Our generous family style portions can feed the biggest appetites and our warmly decorated dining room makes every guest feel like family. Whether you're looking to enjoy a romantic dinner for two, a family get-together, or a huge gathering of friends in one of our semi-private dining rooms, we can meet any of your dining needs. Make a reservation for your next special event, or if you can't make it to us, let us bring our delicious Italian creations to you! Create a customized ca-tering menu or chose from some of our most popular catering packages.
Reviewed August 21, 2018

I've eaten at other Buco's in the past. Bucos best days are in the past. The place was deserted; while Black rock next door was crankin. We were a couple and the 3 person portions are too much. When we decided to leave after drinks, the waitress wanted us to stay, so she let us order off the lunch menu.

Buco needs to get with the time and have smaller portions. I realize the business model is built on family portions; but, people eat differently now.

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed June 18, 2018

Our table was ready . Gordon our waiter was fantastic. If you are feeding a large group this place is fine, just bring your wallet!!! For 12 people our bill was $380.00 not including tip and no alcohol was ordered. That being said, the food was plentiful if a bit bland. Would we go again...??? Possibly, but not on a day when the outside temp was 95+, AC could not keep up

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed March 1, 2018 via mobile

Its specilty is groups, but they happily make room for 2 also. If you have a small group or kids, ask for the table in the kitchen. They offer to show you each platter going out and tell you what it is and more. Its platter size dishes not individual plates that are served up here. Classic Italian family style. Its smell heaven, everything appeals and tastes yummy. The grandchildren will love it. Especially the kitch all over the walls. The rooms are named after higherarchy of the "church" no disrespect intended, ....that's Italian! Food Family and God. In a mixed up happy order.

Date of visit: August 2017
Reviewed January 13, 2018 via mobile

I've really tired to give this place a chance because I love Italian food, the family style dining concept, and the occasional $20 off coupon but they continue to disappoint. I placed my order online an hour prior to my pick up time and received a call 5 minutes before ( I'm in the lot mind you) to inform me that they were out of the lasagna that I ordered smh. The manager called and told me that If I come back in another hour he basically would take care of me, so why not since my mind was fixed on the lasagna. I went back a hour later sat in the lobby an additional half hour. Had to go to the kitchen to inform the staff that it's about 6 people waiting in the lobby for approximately 10minutes to pick their orders or to be seated SMH. Once I finally made it home excited about the dinner that I've longed for and it was THE WORST lasagna that I've ever had. No sauce, rubbery noodles and little to no cheese. I'm always surprised when I ride by that this place is still open.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed January 2, 2018

We most recently ordered Christmas Eve dinner from here for our family of 7. They did a great job of getting most of our order correct- only thing wrong was they gave us a large spaghetti instead of the small I ordered, but it could be worse. Lots of great foods from salmon to chicken marsala. Sides are tasty, too. This is my go-to restaurant for large group take out.

Date of visit: December 2017