“Unexpected Delight”

Cuisines: American
Description: www.naniscafe.com
Description: www.naniscafe.com
Reviewed May 5, 2013

While thinking about where to stop for a quick bite, I happened upon this place just before turning off US 12. The sign said Gourmet Dogs,etc. I ordered the most expensive thing on the menu, a shrimp roll for $9. Very fresh shrimp, too many to count, nestled in a buttered crisp roll enhanced by a fantastic sauce, made my taste buds sing. Yes there were dogs, other sandwiches and salads all of which I'll go back to many times for a taste bud tickle. They also have breakfast sandwiches and will add full breakfasts on June 1st. I also got one of their bacon maple muffins to have for tomorrow's breakfast. It's already down the gullet. Double yum! This place is great and not just Michiana great. Too bad it's seasonal.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nani's was recently opened in the Summer of 2012. It now has a reputation of having very good breakfast rolls and sandwiches, and their gourmet sandwiches later in the day are outstanding. Make sure you try the shrimp roll.

1  Thank Jim M
Reviewed January 10, 2013

There is no other breakfast sandwich in the world as delicious as the one I had at Nani's. The eggs were scrambled but delightfully fluffy, there was real cheese that was wonderful, and the bread was to die for in this sandwich that was almost as big as my head.

I took home 2 muffins - a maple bacon (need I say more?) and a rosemary lemon. They were both so huge, we ate them over 2 days. They were both so fresh and incredibly tasty. Frankly, one of their maple bacon muffins everyday for the rest of my life is the true definition of heaven.

Sadly, Nani's is only open during high season. I am going to be camping out on their doorstep the night before they open again in the Spring.

2  Thank thetravelczarina
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stopped at Nani's for a quick breakfast Sunday morning. We each had a tasty breakfast sandwich on a wonderfully tasty, perfectly crusty bun. The perfectly brewed coffee topped off our experience in the comfortable, friendly cafe.

1  Thank roys2
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband & I showed up just as they were closing - it was shortly past 6pm. The owner apologized profusely and gave us some muffins and asked if we would return the next day. In the morning we enjoyed the muffins (outstanding, by the way) and then returned for dinner. We had the "famous" shrimp roll and it stood up to all the great reviews we had previously read. We also had the mozzarella & tomato salad and the coleslaw. All was delicious and we look forward to returning someday to Nani's Cafe.

1  Thank Robyn E