“Huge shrimp and great hotdogs”

Nani's Cafe & Beach SHop
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Union Pier
Cuisines: American
Description: Www.naniscafe.com
Description: Www.naniscafe.com
Reviewed October 21, 2012

My friends and I had lunch here because of reviews on Trip Advisor AND a glowing recommendation from an employee of St. Julian's tasting room. We were impressed! Service was friendly and we all enjoyed our food. I had the shrimp roll which had a generous amount of large shrimp on a delicious freshly baked roll. One friend had the BLT hotdog while the other had the Mac n cheese hotdog -- both were terrific! The atmosphere is welcoming and relaxing. We will be back.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

Went there for a cup of coffee and couldn't leave without two bacon maple muffins and breakfast sandwiches. Really nice people working there and the food is great.

2  Thank Gina124331
Reviewed October 14, 2012

My girlfriend and I spend a lot of time in the area around this new, wonderful eatery. We are always in New Buffalo, Sawyer, Three OAKS, Michigan City, all around there, as we spend time at the summer house up there. Being from Chicago, (actual Chicago, not Palatine or Naperville or the like), we know our hot dogs. Living close to Hot Doug's... we know good hot dogs. This place goes above and beyond. I had a Chicago style dog that was served on a buttered New England style bun... that was Amazing. We also ordered a Mac n cheese hot dog...which I had never tried before, and my gf and I were taken aback at how great this dog tasted. We also ordered a cold glass of root beer as they have it on tap there, which was quite refreshing. This place is great. Its only been open justunder three months... but it is certainly worth the extra drive past Redamaks to give it a try.
You will not be disappointed.

1  Thank tomstr1
Reviewed October 5, 2012

The blt dog and shrimp roll were fantastic. The buns were the best. The root beer was also very good. I highly recommend.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Wow! Had seen this place reviewed, but I am mostly vegetarian, so we weren't going to stop in. Boy are we glad we did! It was hands down the BEST HOTDOG my boyfriend and I have ever had. I just got the Chicago style, and my boyfriend got the sweet and spicy. They were amazing. They serve ice cold rootbeer in cool mason jar type frosty mugs. The owners were very friendly and personable. They had even constructed the counters, table tops and chalkboards themselves! They will be closed for several months over the winter, but come warmer months, you simply MUST hit this place for a meal. You will not be disappointed!