“Uneven”
Review of Kona Grill - Troy

Kona Grill - Troy
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Troy is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 278 Restaurants in Troy
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Livernois
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.
Michigan
“Uneven”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Our first visit was fun. We sat at a table in the bar area and had drinks and a terrific flatbread pizza and other items on a happy hour special. Service was cordial and efficient. But we returned a few nights later, sat at the bar, and had service that was indifferent at best. The bartender did everything he could to avoid eye contact when we wanted more to drink and eat. Here's my suspicion: we were too old for the target audience and they wanted to discourage us from returning. Mission accomplished, Kona.

• Visited December 2012

FRASER
“Best Food Around!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

Been here now several time great atmosphere, and the best food around this area.Never let down with anyhthing this place has to offer. A little pricy but worth every penny! I try to vistsit with friends and coorporate contatctds as often as possible. Staff is on the ball and very attentive to your needs. Go and Enjoy!

detroit, mich
“Trendy and good”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This place is asian fusion and comfort food rolled into one. I like the combination and it works. The crowd is younger 20 and 30 sumthins mostly, so an old guy like me is out of place at the bar at nite. Food has been very good.

1 Thank avalonandl
Forest Hills, NY
“Tasteless, uninventive food, unless you LOVE jalapeno”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This place is great if all you are interested in is jalapeno and how spicy they can make their spicy rolls. The rice that is used is barely seasoned and the fish is bland. I don’t expect too much from inland sushi joints, but there are some good seafood places in the greater (and I use that term loosely) Detroit area. The oriental foods that Kona serves are also bland. The service was good and the prices were fair. The KG is clearly a restaurant that is supported by the bar- which was a meat market. I thought KG would be a nice alternative to Morton’s and some of the more meat and potato joints on Big Beaver; alas it was a complete let down. Never again.

Birmingham, Michigan
“Terrible experience”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I do some business in Troy. I frequent a few restaurants in the area, Morton's is where I go the most. I had a business meeting in Troy a couple weeks ago and we went to Kona, it was good. I went there this weekend so my wife could try it, I walked in the place, no one was waiting and there were empty tables everywhere, the hostess asked me if I had a reservation, I said no, at that point she told me it would be 30 mins, no idea why, but we will wait. The place was emptying out at a decent pace, a server cam up and rattled off about 5 or 6 open tables. After about 20 minutes the hostess told me it was going to be quite a bit longer, because she had a couple large parties coming in. That was ridiculous, there was NOBODY in the place. She didn't even offer for me to check the bar area, the valet told me to check on the way out, PRICELESS. In short stuck up places like that will NEVER get any of my money. You can't tell me they couldn't accommodate a 2 top somewhere with all those empty tables. Worst restaurant experience EVER.

2 Thank Mike J

Been to Kona Grill - Troy? Share your experiences!