All reviews neiman marcus front desk staff dance competition room service bit dated stay there again business trip three nights enjoyed my stay very nice stay shopping and restaurants bed was very comfortable shopping trip crumpets mall conference canadian
Selected filters
Reviewed April 11, 2018 via mobile

The rooms are very nice, and good size. The hotel is easy to get to about a mile off the freeway. Ordered room service, it arrived in about 10 minutes, and the food was outstanding. Everything was clean.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
SomersetTroy, Director of Sales at Somerset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Thank you for the kind review. We're happy that you enjoyed your stay! Please visit again soon! Kind regards...

Reviewed February 25, 2018

A 2 minutes walk from the Somerset Collection, Somerset Inn mainly serves businesses Monday to Friday, leaving the hotel less occupied on weekends. The hotel was built in the 1970's, but has been continually updated and maintained at a high level. We stayed on the 10th floor, by today's standards the rooms are slightly smaller but very clean, comfortable and quiet.

Room tip: #1004 facing the golf course
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for the kind review. We are very appreciative of your thoughtful remarks. Thank you for sharing your experience. We hope you will visit again soon! Warm regards...(p.s. We hope you were able to take advantage of the lovely view from the 10th floor!!!)

Reviewed February 25, 2018

Not the most modern of hotels ... not the one with the most amazing gadgetry and the bells and whistles ...
But spacious rooms, luxuriously so. Welcoming beds, and an old world charm and hospitality that tells you that this is one place you would like to come back to again and again if you are in the locality.

Big plus : So many amazing places to eat so close by!

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Very nice... we really appreciate your very thoughtful comments. Thank you!!! We hope you will visit again soon! Warm regards...

Reviewed January 29, 2018

I stayed here with my wife and daughter for a dance competition held in the Grand Ballroom. The ballroom was a little undersized for the competition, but I don't fault the hotel for that. Upon entering the hotel, the looks from the outside make it look a little rundown and in need of some TLC. The inside, however, is absolutely how I would want my business to be. It was very clean. The staff was very friendly from the front desk, to the restaurant staff all the way to the housekeeping staff.

We checked in on a Friday at about 1:00pm. Although 3:00pm is the check-in time, they were able to accommodate us and get us into a room immediately. There is a plaque on the wall with the Employee Of The Month. The name on it was Veronica Stokes with a nice 8x10 photo of her. I know why she is Employee Of The Month because she greeted me in the hallway each time I passed her. She saw me on my second day heading to my room and politely asked if I needed cleaning service. I declined and she asked if I needed anything such as towels, toiletries, etc. She could have just kept her head down like I have seen at other hotels, but she took an initiative to make sure the client was satisfied. I felt that went a long way.

If anything, the only thing this hotel does not have going for it is a pool. I knew that going in and was a little disappointed, but I thought overall, it is one of the best hotels that I have stayed in over the past 5-10 years.

Room tip: Ask for a room with an even number instead of an odd number. We were in 407 and we could hear the HVAC units.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Thank you for the very thoughtful review! You made our day! We'll make sure Veronica sees the kind words that you said about her; and we couldn't agree more with you, that's why she's the "Employee of the Quarter"! Thank you again, we are very appreciative that you took the time to share your experience! Warm regards, the Somerset Staff!

Reviewed January 18, 2018

I go to Detroit a lot for work, but had never stayed at the Somerset Inn in Detroit before. I'm glad I did. It was clean, more than comfortable, well located (across the street from the Neiman Marcus in the Somerset Mall). There is a decent restaurant on the premises, and a bar with reasonable prices. The desk people were efficient and helpful. The hotel gets a 'very good' rating - the only thing that keeps it from being 'excellent' is that it isn't super fancy. But it more than did the trick and I was very happy to come back after work each night and settle in for the night.

Date of stay: January 2018

Thank you Rick W. for the very thoughtful comments and for sharing your experience. We appreciate that you took the time to submit such a kind review. You made our day!!! Please visit again soon! Warm regards...