All reviews free laundry washers and dryers full kitchen dvd player granite city royal oak first floor short stay business travel somerset mall bed was comfortable a great place to stay detroit amenities gym michigan highway
Selected filters
Reviewed December 27, 2016

everything you need and priced right---location, parking, clean rooms, internet , cable, kitchen, modern room, with great mattress. would stay here again. great restaurants, bars and a mall are all within 1 mile

• Trip type: Traveled solo
YoYoManDTW, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2016

Kevin10920

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and THANK YOU even more for your business. We know you have many choices when it comes to accommodations in Troy, Michigan and we are honored you selected us. If your travels ever bring you back to the area we would love to see you back. We hope you had a Happy Holiday season.

Reviewed December 27, 2016

My stay was nice all of the staff are very polite knowledgeable helpful and the hotel is very clean.. I stayed in the one bedroom suite and the size of the room is perfect. I would recommend this place.its in a perfect central location in the Detroit suburbs with easy freeway access.

Room tip: First floor is easy in and out although there is an elevator so I'm sure the other floors are easy access as well
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

Jeffery M.

Reviewed December 27, 2016 via mobile

It's nice clean and quite. It was booked for the holiday but it was still a great stay. The staff is organized as well as friendly and very pleasant and professional. The pantry has good stuff since it wasn't much open on the holidays so it held us over. Everything was great! Per usual and I will be staying again!

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Reviewed December 14, 2016

I stayed at this hotel for two weeks while in the Troy area for business. The room was clean, but the hallways frequently smelled like cigarettes and/or other unpleasant odors. There is no continental breakfast and you don't even get a complimentary bottle of water in the room. Nothing. This all would have been okay if the front desk staff wasn't so incredibly rude. One night I asked where I could find some good food and the lady told me to look in a box of menus. I was asking for a recommendation, if I wanted to just take a chance on something random, I wouldn't have asked for a recommendation in the first place. When I checked out, I wanted to buy a bottle of water and was told that I couldn't add that to my credit card, because I had already been checked out of the room (it was not check-out time yet). One woman who works at the front desk is nice and always greeted me when I came in, but EVERY other employee I interacted with during my stay was unhelpful and unpleasant - very far from the standard of service that one would expect in a hotel. To top it off, when I received my invoice, I noticed the room had the wrong information on it. When I called to resolve this, the person on the phone was nasty, condescending, rude, and told me she couldn't/wouldn't help me and that it was my fault for not noticing sooner. How would I have known what my invoice said before I received it? If the poor customer service doesn't drive you away, how do you feel about water that makes you ill? I made my coffee with it Day 1 of my trip and I didn't feel good, but thought it was a coincidence. When the same thing happened on Day 2, I started using bottled water for my coffee. On the final day of my trip, I was out of bottled water and was thirsty, so I drank ONE glass of water from the tap. Two hours later, I was violently ill and that lasted the rest of the day. To sum it up: this hotel isn't within walking distance to anything, smells weird, has terrible customer service, doesn't care about accurate invoices, and has water that will make you sick. However, they do have plenty of parking and the room itself was clean.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank MainerGirl90
YoYoManDTW, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2016

MainerGirl90,

Words cannot describe how disappointed I am to read your review. First of all I want to apologize sincerely that you found our staff less than satisfactory. Being that we are in the hospitality industry we need to make sure that we make EVERY encounter with EVERY one of our guests special and apparently we failed during your stay.

Regarding your issue with our tap water I assure you that I am going to get together with our Maintenance Supervisor and look into this IMMEDIATELY. We are so sorry that you fell ill during your stay. Thank you so much for pointing out that the room was clean and thank you for bringing your issues to my attention. I assure you that we will try to make this wrong......right.

Please have a happy holiday and if you would like to talk to me directly I would love the chance to try to win your business back. Please reach out to me at kevin.dombrow@ihg.com.

Reviewed December 11, 2016

Great experience, friendly staff. Rooms are clean and there is plenty of parking. Troy itself doesn't have much public transportation so make sure you have some way of getting around or you'll be paying a lot in uber fees.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Greywolfpua,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel and thank you even more for your business. Thank you so much for pointing out how centrally located we are to shopping & restaurants and we are so happy to hear that our staff went above & beyond to provide you exceptional customer service. We know you have many choices when it comes to hotel accommodations in Troy and we are so honored you selected us. We hope to see you back soon. Have a GREAT holiday season.