“Enjoyed my stay at this clean hotel!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Courtyard Detroit Troy

Courtyard Detroit Troy
Ranked #10 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Kansas
“Enjoyed my stay at this clean hotel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2014

I stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott for work for 5 days. The staff is so friendly and the rooms are very clean and comfortable.
I thought the food served in the bistro was reasonably priced and the staff was friendly there too.
I would stay here again.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard Detroit Troy, responded to this review, March 24, 2014
JoAnn,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience at the Troy Courtyard. I appreciate your feedback on the cleanliness and will pass the compliment on to the housekeeping staff. Our goal is to make you feel that the Troy Courtyard is your home away from home. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Wendy Fresorger

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

My son and I stayed here and loved the people and the the property. Yes, it's a little older but it just doesn't matter. The price was excellent. Our room overlooked a stunning and well-maintained garden. The Courtyard is super close to the stunning Somerset Mall, a wonderful Whole Foods and a new Carrabas is close to opening (I was in the area again a few weeks ago). Easy on the pocketbook and spotlesss. Nice people, nice place.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
I appreciate the positive feedback you provided regarding your stay at the Troy Courtyard. You are correct that the hotel was built in 1986, however recent renovations of both the lobby and the guest rooms have kept us current! It sounds like you had a great time exploring Troy and all that the area has to offer. I think the shopping is fantastic and we certainly get a lot of shoppers staying with us as well as business travelers. I hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We stay here quite often due to the proximity of the hotel to our offices in Troy. Nothing special. The take-out restaurant has decent breakfast sandwiches, but I would prefer more of an actual meal. Rooms are fine for leaving your bags and going to bed.

Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Soonerfan171
It's great to hear that you stay at the Troy Courtyard often for business.

I appreciate your feedback following the completion of our Bistro and guest room renovation in February of 2013. We are always looking for opportunities to improve and better enable us to meet the needs of our guests.

I just wanted to point out that the Bistro restaurant does offer full breakfast options should you choose. Our cook will make you a plated breakfast of eggs, your choice of meats, potatoes and toast fresh for you from the kitchen. If you prefer, one of our most popular items it the French toast!

If there is anything that we can do to make your future stay's more comfortable, please contact me directly at the hotel at 248-528-2800.

Shaker Heights, OH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

Older courtyard with usual lobby updates to make it appear fresh. Rooms in dire need of updates. This is one of the only hotels I've ever visited that does not provide coffee in the lobby for free. Large work area in lobby. Close enough to Troy and the highway. Probably won't stay here next trip out.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank cromito
Thank you for the feedback that you provided on the Troy Courtyard. You are correct in that the hotel was built in 1986. We did indeed finish a complete renovation in February 2013 that addressed the entire hotel. We updated the lobby to the new Courtyard concept with the Bistro offering fresh for you food both morning and night. We've enabled our guests to work or relax in the lobby while enjoying a cocktail or a cup of Starbucks coffee!

The guest room renovation included all of the furnishings - carpeting, wall vinyl, furniture and added the brand new Courtyard bed. During the renovation I added single cup brew coffee makers in the guest room with disposable cups to enable you to quickly brew a cup of coffee in the comfort of your room. We've received an excellent response from the majority of our guests, however if you have specific suggestions that could improve our guests experience I would be happy to discuss them with you. I can be reached at the hotel at 248-528-2800.

I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

Despite recent renovation, aspects of the hotel still seemed very dated (hallways, exterior...). One of the poorer Courtyards i've stayed at. Very slow to clean my room - after 4 pm one day - and a mediocre job was done at that. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank MomWisconsin
Louisville, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

Unfortunately, I had a very bad experience. First, at check-in, I was given directions to my room completely opposite of where I needed to go, and the reception manager did not think it was necessary to apologize - he thought it was very funny! Then the side of the hotel I was on is next to a restaurant/pub/bar - there was extremely loud music well into the night. I could not get adequate sleep. Would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you would like to get some rest, please avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Travelsalot007
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel through the Labour Day long weekend. I wasn't expecting much as the rate I got for a standard room (2 beds) was under a $100 with tax. I knew the hotel had been recently renovated but, still at the rate I got I wasn't expecting much. I was completely wrong! This hotel is a great value and it exceeded all my expectations. The lobby is sleek and welcoming and the rooms are spacious and very clean (including the carpet). It was also very quite as it is set back from the road and it is far enough from away from the interstate. The other thing I really liked is that the mattress and pillows were very comfy. This hotel has put a lot of thought into their efforts of renovating the hotel and it shows. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Detroit or are staying in the area for business. It is close to the I-75 and close to the main Detroit shopping mall. You can't go wrong at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room don't have fridges so you may want to bring a cooler if you are travelling to the area by c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family