“Passable”

Courtyard Detroit Troy
Ranked #11 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed September 16, 2013

Despite recent renovation, aspects of the hotel still seemed very dated (hallways, exterior...). One of the poorer Courtyards i've stayed at. Very slow to clean my room - after 4 pm one day - and a mediocre job was done at that. I wouldn't stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MomWisconsin

Reviewed September 5, 2013

Unfortunately, I had a very bad experience. First, at check-in, I was given directions to my room completely opposite of where I needed to go, and the reception manager did not think it was necessary to apologize - he thought it was very funny! Then the side of the hotel I was on is next to a restaurant/pub/bar - there was extremely loud music well into the night. I could not get adequate sleep. Would not recommend the hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: If you would like to get some rest, please avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Travelsalot007
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stayed at this hotel through the Labour Day long weekend. I wasn't expecting much as the rate I got for a standard room (2 beds) was under a $100 with tax. I knew the hotel had been recently renovated but, still at the rate I got I wasn't expecting much. I was completely wrong! This hotel is a great value and it exceeded all my expectations. The lobby is sleek and welcoming and the rooms are spacious and very clean (including the carpet). It was also very quite as it is set back from the road and it is far enough from away from the interstate. The other thing I really liked is that the mattress and pillows were very comfy. This hotel has put a lot of thought into their efforts of renovating the hotel and it shows. I highly recommend this hotel if you are visiting Detroit or are staying in the area for business. It is close to the I-75 and close to the main Detroit shopping mall. You can't go wrong at this hotel.

Room Tip: Room don't have fridges so you may want to bring a cooler if you are travelling to the area by c...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This very conveniently located, comfortable Courtyard suited our visit to Troy perfectly. We especially appreciated the comfortable beds, the cleanliness and the friendliness and helpfulness of staff.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Clean well apportioned room although lacking a frig. Conveniently located near I-75. Disappointed by breakfast area; I was expecting a buffet. Exercise room was good, and they have a pC dedicated to flights (printing out boarding pass, etc.).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This hotel is older and has been recently been renovated. It's crazy that you have to purchase a "breakfast rate" to get breakfast when all the other nearby hotels have breakfast included. Coffee is 2 bucks a cup! On the positive side the renovations are nice and the price is very competitive. Clean neat hotel and secured well.

Room Tip: Near an elevator! Long walks otherwise.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after driving 5 hours/going to a concert for 6 hours and it blew us away. The room was cozy, clean, and well equipped with everything we would need for a relaxing stay. The bed was one of the most comfortable we'd been on. The pool and hot tub was well kept and fun to be in. The area has plenty of businesses and restaurants around and certainly isn't in a "bad part of town" like people tend to think of Detroit. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is it can be a bit of a maze to get from the 2nd floor back to the lobby. Otherwise, this hotel is well worth your money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple