Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy
$90
$74
$119
$105
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$76
QualityInn
$199
$139
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
Priceline
$289
  • Pool
All reviewstypical courtyardhockey teammain leveltwo adults and two childreninner courtyardstayed herenice hotelteams stayingbeer and wineincluded breakfastnice optionwould stay here againfront desk staffi highly recommend this hoteldetroit zooupon checkmini fridge
Reviewed July 20, 2013

My wife and I stayed here after driving 5 hours/going to a concert for 6 hours and it blew us away. The room was cozy, clean, and well equipped with everything we would need for a relaxing stay. The bed was one of the most comfortable we'd been on. The pool and hot tub was well kept and fun to be in. The area has plenty of businesses and restaurants around and certainly isn't in a "bad part of town" like people tend to think of Detroit. My only complaint, and it's a small one, is it can be a bit of a maze to get from the 2nd floor back to the lobby. Otherwise, this hotel is well worth your money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 11, 2013

I had reason to visit family in Troy in late June. I had stayed at the Courtyard less than a year ago and was pleased by it's location and value. I was happy to see they had updated the lobby and rooms. Check in went well.... I arrived in my room and was happy to see new carpet, drapes, furniture etc. When I looked at the bed (which had 4 large pillows on it) I noticed a hair (not from the head area) on the pillow and upon closer inspection noticed what looked like blood. I turned back the sheets and found more hairs. I went back down to the front desk and asked them to have housekeeping change the sheets, I had to leave to visit with family. When I returned late that night I was surprised to find the pillow case that was blood stained laying at the foot of the bed. It was late and I did not want another visit down to the desk.

The next day I left for the day, returned in the afternoon and the same pillowcase was now moved over to chair. I now felt very much abused. I took the pillowcase and gave it to the clerk at the desk. I told her that I did not appreciate the fact that housekeeping had failed to remove it not once, but now twice and I felt like I was being punished for asking for fresh sheets. The following day which was a Sunday when I went to check out I mentioned to the clerk my experience. I asked if there could be some adjustment to reflect what I felt was horrible service. Her response was "Oh, only the manger can do that and they don't work on Sundays".

I'm really not a fussy guest. But this experience has tainted any future visits to the hotel.

Best advice: "check the sheets"

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank dchub3
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Good place for a road warrior. Fast Internet, good condition, efficient and nice staff. Good hamburger. Well equipped gym and pool. But for such a big building, the elevator service is a long walk and oddly located.

Room Tip: If you cannot manage stairs, ask about elevator and room distances. Big building.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ed B
Reviewed June 22, 2013

Positives:
Great amenities for business travelers.
Very friendly and helpful staff.

Negatives:
I was in a handicap room due to an ankle injury (was on crutches). The room door and the bathroom door were spring loaded to always close. That's not a good thing for someone who is trying to make their way through doors on crutches or a wheel chair. There was some type of button at the outside door, but not sure what it was for. It didn't do anything.

I left a note for housekeeping to leave the ironing board and iron set up since it was so hard for me to set up with crutches. They ignored the note (which was right on the ironing board itself) and put it away anyway. The next day I just decided a room cleaning wasn't worth the ordeal of setting up the ironing board again, so I left the "do not disturb" sign on the door. Which, incidentally, was so light weight and too big for the handle, it kept falling off.

Overall though, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Aaron C
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide me with this valuable feedback on your experience with our handicap accessible guest room. I certainly can understand your frustration and appreciate having the opportunity to correct the things that made it difficult for you to navigate while on crutches. I also will use this situation as a training opportunity for our housekeeping staff and assure you they will be more observant in the future. The positive comments on the friendliness of my staff did not go unnoticed! I will be sure to pass the compliment on to them as well. I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future and that your injury heals quickly.

Wendy Fresorger

Reviewed June 17, 2013

This Courtyard is one of the better ones. Location is convenient to restaurants and shopping. It is also close to Cranbrook. Freeway is nearby. Hotel is quiet and very clean. Bathroom is very clean with adequate towels. Bed was clean with fresh sheets. Blanket and pillows looked very clean. Front desk staff is courteous, efficient and helpful. Cleaning staff somewhat noisy outside our room in the morning. Ample parking near one's room is nice. A good choice for the price.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Wendy F, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive feedback on the Courtyard in Troy, MI. The hotel just completed a renovation of the guest rooms as well as the lobby in February. It's nice to hear that you were able to connect with my amazing front desk staff! I appreciate the constructive comments regarding the noise level of the housekeepers and will remind them to be quieter in the guest corridors. I hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again in the future.

Wendy Fresorger, General Manager