All reviewshot dogsnachosfree drinksbaked potatotgi fridayshappy hourevening snackschillisausage pattieshot breakfastbagelsroom suitehot tubstayed one nightmorning breakfastoff the highwayhotel staff
Reviewed July 30, 2018 via mobile

This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. For a family of 7, free breakfast and dinner can’t be beat. We require two rooms and this time the staff was able to move us into adjoining rooms. The rooms are clean and the price is right for us to have a place to stay while shopping and having a family weekend getaway

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2018

This was our 2nd visit to The Drury Inn and Suites in Troy. We stayed one night last year and enjoyed it enough to book two nights this year. The hotel is clean and staff were friendly throughout our weekend. We booked this hotel as part of a family weekend getaway. One day spent shopping and seeing the zoo, another at a ball game. The hotel was used to sleep. As a family of 5 it is tricky to find rooms that we can all fit in and afford, we made this work in a basic room.
The room is standard, nothing fancy, nothing missing. We rearranged the standard room and fit our youngest on an air mattress set up on the floor. Again since we only really slept in the room it was a non issue, but it was cramped. Our room still came with a mini fridge and microwave which was useful.
The pool is small, if you are down there at the right times you have it pretty much empty (which we lucked out on) but as soon as dinner is over it gets quite crowded with a lot of splashing children.
The Kickback worked well for my kids. Nachos, simple meals they could eat and fill up on saved me some funds and kept them filled. The few drinks from the bar is a bonus that is appreciated after a long day. If you are a picky eater or have food avoidances it is not the best option. For myself I purchased simple meals to heat in the room. Even the popcorn and soda machine was a nice option when the kids wanted a bedtime snack. The breakfast buffet is much more accommodating for food choices and we all filled up well in the mornings.
For the most if we are planning another short getaway and this hotel is near we would book again. If we were going somewhere for more than a night or two I would probably look for a larger hotel.

• Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

We were in the area for a local hockey tournament and stayed here.

We loved it. The breakfast buffet is great and the kids enjoyed the food from 530-730. We were there July 27-29 and there was a mad working dressed in a suit who was very kind and helpful. He worked in the Buffet area working very hard. He helped out special needs son out his kindness was appreciated.

The rooms were clean and the pool area was also.

Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

The hotel is very old so if you like modern and upscale I do not recommend. I stayed on July 28 to July 29 2018 with my 2 boys and husband. The staff is extremely friendly however the hotel falls short. My sheets looked very used and the mattress and pillows were very old. The Carpet was old and worn in. My room was very stuffy because no ventilation system in the bathroom. I am a frequent traveler with my son and his hockey team so I know a bit about a good hotel. This hotel is just OK in need of renovations and upgrade. The buffet dinner and alcohol is an nice bounus however it was just OK. Pasta, bake potatoes, nachos and salads. Nothing to get excited for. The breakfast is decent and I like that they have juice,coffee,tea all day.

This hotel try’s hard to please their guest however they seriously need to spend funds to bring it up to a true 3 star.

The restaurant attached to the hotel is delicious and plenty of good food.

1  Thank Lacious321
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2018

First, I would love to thank you for your kind words about our staff. We pride ourselves here in Troy on our hospitality and friendliness. I apologize that our facility and amenities were not up to the same level of service that our team provided you. We are working hard to improve our facilities every day and your comments will help us in doing so. We hope you will think of us for future reservations here in Troy or one of our many great, hotels we have all over the country.

Mark B.
Assistant General Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2018

We really like Drury Inns. This was our first stay at the Troy location. I thought it was a new hotel because of how clean everything was. I am a stickler for dirt and hair in the bathroom; expecially in the corners (YUCK!). There was nothing but a gleeming shine. You can not beat the morning breakfast, the kickstart and free drinks in the evening, and a bag of popcorn before bed. The staff was friendly from housekeeping to the manager. Each staff member we passed acknowledged us and asked how our stay was. You can pay more at other hotels, but why would you, when you can get the best at such a reasonable rate! I have recommended to many of my friends. Looking forward to going back!

Review collected in partnership with Drury Hotels