Stayed there for the first time this week. I shopped around (using Trip Advisor reviews also, of course) and settled on the Drury as it was $20 to $60 less than the others. I was really surprised. It is a little worn and dirty in places, but most hotels are (even the upscale chains). Also, the room was fairly small. But, it was quiet, well appointed (good sized TV, free high speed internet, easy to access power outlets). Bed was clean and comfy. (Good mattress). The real thing that set this place apart, though, was the extras. 1 hour of US long distance per day FREE. Free drinks and appetizers in the evening, very nice hot breakfast in the morning, two bottles of water left in my fridge, free popcorn in the lobby on arrival. Outstanding attention to detail. Staff was very friendly. For those who exercise regularly, like me, the gym was better than average. No weights, but 5 or 6 pieces of cardio equipment (most have 2 to 3 at most so you often get there only to find everything in use).
I'll definitely stay there on my next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy is 20 miles north of Detroit off I-75: a convenient hotel close to the Canadian border and Lake St. Clair. Upscale shopping at Somerset Collection is two miles away. Guests enjoy Drury's clean and comfortable rooms, waking up to a free hot breakfast and relaxing with free evening beverages at our 5:30 Kickback(R). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Troy Hotel Troy
- Drury Inn And Suites Troy
- Drury Inn Troy
- Drury Inn Hotel Troy
- Drury Troy
- Troy Drury