“just what we were looking for”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed July 23, 2014

So we (my wife and I) enjoyed our stay here as a weekend get a way.

We went to Greenfield village and Birch Run and this was right in the middle for us.

A few tips:
Room 337 is prefect to watch the sunset and was right across from the ice maker etc

We took along a few larger glasses for the free pop so that we can take it back to our room and mix other drinks to enjoy.

It was nice to see the staff/management so involved at the meal time for both breakfast and dinner. They really want you to enjoy your stay.

Also really enjoyed the broccoli soup especially when given a shot of the nacho dip for added flavor.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for a business trip. The rooms were very comfortable. The wireless internet worked flawlessly and the breakfast buffet started at 6:00 AM, which is so nice for those that have to leave early for business meetings. The cleanliness of the guest rooms and common areas was excellent. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2014

This hotel is a gem, well located withing 15 minutes from major shopping centre and easy to get to. The rooms are not extravagant but spacious and well decorated. The bedding is very comfortable. Bathroom is basic but sufficient. I loved the rejuvenating Verbena Juniper body wash! The 4:30 kickback was a great way to relax after a busy day. Food was hot, fresh and well presented in a nicely decorated lounge. The breakfast with a nice selection of cold and hot dishes including self serve fresh baked Belgian waffles was excellent,. All areas of the hotel were exceptionally clean. This hotel is definitely one of my favourites with great amenities and very reasonable pricing - a very affordable, yet great place to stay. I will be coming back!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 22, 2014

"Great stay.....can't beat it!"

My family and friends have stayed here numerous times over the years and feel that a review is long overdue!! It is without a doubt the best place to stay in Troy. You cannot beat the calibre of accommodations with its cleanliness, facilities and all the extras. Full spread hot breakfast and very generous hot food and beverages at daily "Kickback" time keeps all guests happy. It is obvious that the entire staff works as a team to make everyone welcome. Special mention must be made to the management team for coordinating and being an active part of the guest interaction!
Well done Joe, Ruth and Kay! We were there in May 2014 with a friend who was equally impressed and on departure booked a return trip for the Septembre Labour Day weekend. Looking forward to it.....see you guys then!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This was a great place to stay. We had a two queen beds suite. It has a separate living room with a pullout couch. The beds were very comfy and the room was nice and clean. The bathroom has a separate toilet area and then a sink area. The toilet/tub area was on the small side but it didn't bother us a bit. There was also a small fridge and microwave. It fit four adults and one child with ease. Also, all the lamps have plug-ins for charging phones! Nice touch!

Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had such a great experience on my first stay/visit to the Drury Inn in Troy (November 2013); just had to return. Can I say...it just keeps getting better! When you're already an excellent, 5 star (plus) hotel how do you improve. Cause that's tough to do. This trips, kudos to Assistant Manager Ruth McBride who remembered me from my first stay and took the time this time to seek me out on this visit to ask and ensure my stay was better than last and which it was. Also, had the pleasure of meeting Housekeeping Supervisor - Roxanne Bigham this trip. I can attest you won't find a cleaner hotel in Troy - as when asked, Roxanne informed she has been part of the staff/Drury Inn family of employees for almost 20 years and with that kind of committment - it certainly is evident in the inn's cleanliness. Her and her housekeeping staff's committment and care about the company/inn shows. Also like to give a special thank you to to Cira (who wears a hat well) serving the amazing breakfast/dinner that Drury offers daily and to Luli (front desk) who ensured any map requests to local attractions were A1! Thanks for another great stay...look forward to returning to Troy again soon. Just this week and its only Tuesday, several of my co-workers asked me - if they were to vacation/visit "Pure Michigan" - where should they stay? Guess what my only recommendation was? The Drury Inn, Troy, Michigan, USA. Thanks again General Manager Joe and your entire Drury Inn, Troy, MI staff!

Room Tip: I don't feel this hotel would have a bad room. Ours even had a small fridge and microwave!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Donnad9
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

For our second trip from Ontario we stayed here. Reasonably priced and good location for tons of shopping. Easily located right off of I75 north. This is a clean motel with nicely appointed rooms. The staff was all very friendly and willing to help any way possible. We didn't swim since we forgot our suits. The pool looked quite inviting. Some of the best parts was the complimentary 3 free drinks and light foods from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Then a very satisfying breakfast and not continental in the lobby area in the morning. We appreciated the coffee in our room while we were getting ready. The small in room fridge came in quite handy along with the microwave. I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay there again!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple