“Ruth McBride”

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Kitchener, Canada
“Ruth McBride”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

I had such a great experience on my first stay/visit to the Drury Inn in Troy (November 2013); just had to return. Can I say...it just keeps getting better! When you're already an excellent, 5 star (plus) hotel how do you improve. Cause that's tough to do. This trips, kudos to Assistant Manager Ruth McBride who remembered me from my first stay and took the time this time to seek me out on this visit to ask and ensure my stay was better than last and which it was. Also, had the pleasure of meeting Housekeeping Supervisor - Roxanne Bigham this trip. I can attest you won't find a cleaner hotel in Troy - as when asked, Roxanne informed she has been part of the staff/Drury Inn family of employees for almost 20 years and with that kind of committment - it certainly is evident in the inn's cleanliness. Her and her housekeeping staff's committment and care about the company/inn shows. Also like to give a special thank you to to Cira (who wears a hat well) serving the amazing breakfast/dinner that Drury offers daily and to Luli (front desk) who ensured any map requests to local attractions were A1! Thanks for another great stay...look forward to returning to Troy again soon. Just this week and its only Tuesday, several of my co-workers asked me - if they were to vacation/visit "Pure Michigan" - where should they stay? Guess what my only recommendation was? The Drury Inn, Troy, Michigan, USA. Thanks again General Manager Joe and your entire Drury Inn, Troy, MI staff!

Room Tip: I don't feel this hotel would have a bad room. Ours even had a small fridge and microwave!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Donnad9

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Czech first
Leamington, Canada
Reviewed July 10, 2014 via mobile

For our second trip from Ontario we stayed here. Reasonably priced and good location for tons of shopping. Easily located right off of I75 north. This is a clean motel with nicely appointed rooms. The staff was all very friendly and willing to help any way possible. We didn't swim since we forgot our suits. The pool looked quite inviting. Some of the best parts was the complimentary 3 free drinks and light foods from 5:30 to 7:00 p.m. Then a very satisfying breakfast and not continental in the lobby area in the morning. We appreciated the coffee in our room while we were getting ready. The small in room fridge came in quite handy along with the microwave. I would recommend this hotel and definitely stay there again!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank John H
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed July 7, 2014

This Drury Inn offers all the amenities (free buffet breakfast, 3 free alcoholic drinks + light dinner meal, 1 hour free long distance phone calls) that enhance the appeal of this chain. In addition, the Troy Drury Inn is newer than some of the others in the chain. The breakfast/dinner area is much larger than some Drury Inns in other locations, and finding a place to sit at a table was never a problem. Our room was clean, attractive and comfortable. The staff were all helpful and very pleasant. My only minor complaint is that the lobby/eating area needs to be better marked in the 1st floor hallway as we weren't the only ones wandering around in the wrong direction to find it. The price of our room was considerably lower than other options in the Birmingham/Troy area, making this hotel a very good value.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed July 6, 2014

My sisters/nieces and I have been going to this hotel every year for 10 years & it just keep getting better & better. The hotel have been updated & the rooms are great. You can not ask for a better deal when you include your happy hour drinks Friday night snacks & hot breakfast.
The staff & manager at this location are amazing. They treat us like family & do everything possible to insure our weekend away is pleasant. Great for children also.

Room Tip: Queen suite has 2 queen beds in a bedroom and a pull out sofa in the living room . Sleeps 3 comfor...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sweden
Reviewed July 6, 2014

It was a good hotel, and most things were good. However, during this stays there were also many bad things:
- I asked for a quiet room during booking and check in, and was given quite a noise room just above the hotel entrance.
- Cleaning was below average, and one day my room was not even cleaned.
- I was given two different membership numbers, one during booking and one during check-in. I only asked for one.
- During booking, I asked for two rooms, but only got one confirmed.

Evening buffet is good, but you better be there on time, they close 19:00 sharp and stop filling up the buffet long before that. Even if this is clearly communicated, it would be nice with some flexibility.

But, stay was otherwise good and the rooms are very spacy.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy you found our hotel and our evening buffet to be “good.” I apologize, however, that you did not like the location of your room and that you had a housekeeping issue. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention so we can improve our services.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

Joe Del Serrone
London, Canada
Reviewed July 5, 2014

On June 27, 2014, we encountered a problem checking in when I realized I'd forgotten my credit card. Joe Del Serrone, the General Manager, and Kay (the front desk manager I think!) went above and beyond "excellent customer service", showing enormous patience and understanding, and the issue was resolved to everyone's satisfaction. This was not our first visit to this location, and on each and every visit we have been so impressed with the quality of service provided by all the staff (and they are also very friendly!). I hope that the people at Drury Corporate Headquarters appreciate excellent staff like Joe and Kay -- I've stayed in other hotels both in North America and Europe and have never encountered people like Joe and Kay -- kudos to them for setting the bar for customer service so high! This location is an excellent choice if you are looking for family friendly, clean rooms, amazing breakfast and happy hour food! If you stay here you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Diane M

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank CanadianD44
Exeter, Canada
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Last weekend my partner and I stayed at Drury Inn & Suites Troy.
From the moment we walked through the front doors we felt welcomed. We were greeted by Erin and that was the beginning of a wonderful stay.
The Inn is spotless !! We were pleasantly surprised by the customer service we received from Erin who offered to upgrade our room to a room with a jacuzzi.
A light dinner was offered as well as three drinks. Also breakfast was included as well.
We will absolutely return and we will recommend to our friends and family what a great place and stay this was.
Melanie & Lisa