“Average with bad and good”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed July 6, 2014

It was a good hotel, and most things were good. However, during this stays there were also many bad things:
- I asked for a quiet room during booking and check in, and was given quite a noise room just above the hotel entrance.
- Cleaning was below average, and one day my room was not even cleaned.
- I was given two different membership numbers, one during booking and one during check-in. I only asked for one.
- During booking, I asked for two rooms, but only got one confirmed.

Evening buffet is good, but you better be there on time, they close 19:00 sharp and stop filling up the buffet long before that. Even if this is clearly communicated, it would be nice with some flexibility.

But, stay was otherwise good and the rooms are very spacy.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us. I am happy you found our hotel and our evening buffet to be “good.” I apologize, however, that you did not like the location of your room and that you had a housekeeping issue. We appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention so we can improve our services.

Again, I apologize for the inconvenience you experienced. We really appreciate your feedback and hope you will give us another opportunity to make your stay the best it can be.

Joe Del Serrone

There are newer reviews for Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy

Reviewed July 5, 2014

On June 27, 2014, we encountered a problem checking in when I realized I'd forgotten my credit card. Joe Del Serrone, the General Manager, and Kay (the front desk manager I think!) went above and beyond "excellent customer service", showing enormous patience and understanding, and the issue was resolved to everyone's satisfaction. This was not our first visit to this location, and on each and every visit we have been so impressed with the quality of service provided by all the staff (and they are also very friendly!). I hope that the people at Drury Corporate Headquarters appreciate excellent staff like Joe and Kay -- I've stayed in other hotels both in North America and Europe and have never encountered people like Joe and Kay -- kudos to them for setting the bar for customer service so high! This location is an excellent choice if you are looking for family friendly, clean rooms, amazing breakfast and happy hour food! If you stay here you will NOT be disappointed!!!

Diane M

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CanadianD44
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Last weekend my partner and I stayed at Drury Inn & Suites Troy.
From the moment we walked through the front doors we felt welcomed. We were greeted by Erin and that was the beginning of a wonderful stay.
The Inn is spotless !! We were pleasantly surprised by the customer service we received from Erin who offered to upgrade our room to a room with a jacuzzi.
A light dinner was offered as well as three drinks. Also breakfast was included as well.
We will absolutely return and we will recommend to our friends and family what a great place and stay this was.
Melanie & Lisa

Reviewed July 3, 2014

My wife and I stayed here last weekend on the spur of the moment. I think the Drury Inn is probably the best value for your money at any hotel I've stayed in. For $95 you get a great, HOT breakfast, and they have happy hour where they serve all kinds of snack food(hot dogs, popcorn, chili, pop, juice etc...) incredible value! The hotel is clean and well kept. Brent at the front desk checked us in and we appreciated his personality and his sense of humor. We will most certainly be back and I highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My daughter and I stayed at the Drury inn on Canada Day weekend for a shopping trip. We had planned to stay 2 nights but a family emergency needed us to come home. I called about 2pm Saturday and said we would need to end our stay. They only charged us for the Friday night and it was really appreciated. Its a great place to stay and we loved the food options. We will definitely be back again. They have fantastic customer service.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

The best hotel to stay at. Saturday was my birthday and they placed a birthday card under my door. Great service plus the breakfast and dinners are just super. Wont stay any other hotel if i can help it.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2014

Great spot for family or couples. We booked the suite with jacuzzi bath. Nice room and quiet.
Lots of shopping and restaurants close.
Staff at hotel very friendly - happy hour snacks and drinks are great if you want a late dinner.
We will be back

Room Tip: Romantic room for couples is the 2 room jacuzzi suite - can watch tv or relax if partner wants to na...