“It"s liking coming home!!”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Recently we had the pleasure of staying at Drury Inn and as usual we were greeted with the same excellent service you come to expect not only from top notch rooms but to the high quality of service received from the G.M.; Joe D. and his staff. We have been coming to this establishment for years and have always been treated like family; it is very welcoming to see familiar faces amongst the staff as well it makes it feel like a home away from home:) Recognition is very much due for this hard working team. Thanks so much!!!

• Stayed: February 2014

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The staff at Drury Inn Troy has been an experience like no other ...Kay, Joe and Ruth manage this facility with ease and a family oriented experience for every customer that enters...My husband and I have been returning to this facility whenever we have time...There is no place like it. We come in and are welcomed with a "nice to see you are home or Welcome home"...We sit down for supper and have a variety of wonderful food every night ...3 alcoholic drinks each my favorite is "tequila sun rise" from 5pm until 7pm. There is as much popcorn and pop we want from 3pm until 10 pm...breakfast is above any ones expectations and best of all I can have coffee 24/7 and it is all included....There is a pool a gym and once I am in I have everything at my fingertips...Want a great experience you must try this facility I have been to the one in Frankenmuth and to be honest I will drive the extra to go to Burch Run because of the atmosphere and staff in Troy's Drury Inn. My dog is welcome at no extra charge......Stellar! is all I can say.

Room Tip: We have been on the first to the forth floor and have never had any issues with noise and the suites...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Every year I come to the Detroit area for the Auto Show and this is always the place I stay. It's only a few min from Cobo and not to far away from great shopping. I have not had a bad experience at this hotel. The staff is AWESOME and always courteous. It's clean it's comfortable and a great value. Thanks again for the great stay!

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I've stayed here twice - most recently on a business trip to Troy - and the experience has been consistent: You won't be disappointed, as long as your expectations aren't very high. I'll say this: The staff has been very nice both times, and willing to lend an assist. The accommodations are just okay - the room was a little dinged up, but it was a good bed and clean. The other amenities are typical, but then again, the price of the room - especially relative to many other hotels in the immediate vicinity - is on the lower end of the spectrum. There is a chain restaurant connected, so you can grab a decent meal without leaving the premises, and breakfast was usual low-end stuff. The property has been under construction both times I've been there, but generally I think that's a good thing as they're trying to put some new finishes on something of a dated property. Like I said, staff was terrific, which can make all the difference at a place like this. Value right in line with price...

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. I am glad to hear you found the staff to be friendly, the rooms to be clean and the beds to be comfortable. However, I am sorry to hear you found the room to be "dinged up." I would greatly appreciate the opportunity to speak with you personally to discuss the details of your stay, so we can improve our product and services. The direct number at the hotel is 248-528-3330. Feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience to discuss this or any matter that may have affected your stay. Thank you once again. We appreciate your business and hope you will give us the opportunity to serve your lodging needs again!

Joe D., General Manager

Reviewed February 5, 2014

Convenient to interstate 75 exit. Snow plowing of parking lot on weekend spotty but otherwise great. Front desk friendly and attentive to details of credit card authorization for government contract. Comp. hot breakfast and dinner excellent. Comp. weekday newspapers provided. Comp. mini fridge and microwave in room. Comp. Wi Fi worked well. Maintenance man was great in replacing bath tub stopper promptly and restoring heating to fitness room though this unexpectedly required his climbing to the roof top. Attached restaurant should be avoided as overpriced with some staff who have an attitude. Many better choices close by. More and better fitness room equipment would be a welcome upgrade. Renovations now complete so no longer interfere with entry. Highly recommended as excellent value with great maintenance, housekeeping and front desk.

Room Tip: Request ground level room if available.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 5, 2014

We love to stay at the Drury Inn in Troy. We actually will plan our shopping trips so that we can stay at this hotel. The staff are super friendly, the place is clean, clean, clean & they have the most comfortable beds we have ever slept in. My teens were asking me to find out where they get the beds from so that we could have them in our home. My question was answered, but unfortunately since they are made specifically for Drury Inn we will not be able to get them for our home. The kick back food in the evening is delicious with lots of options, even for a teenage vegetarian, so thank you for that! The breakfast in the morning has so many healthy choices, along with a few guilty pleasures....waffles...yumm!! It has a family atmosphere which is very welcoming. You do not feel like a stranger staying here and when you leave, you can't wait to come back. Thank you Drury for all that you do! Keep up the good work & see you again soon!

Room Tip: The 2 room suite with 2 queen sized beds and separate living area, with pull out couch, is the best...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Dawn W
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We stayed here for the first time about a year ago and have gone back 3 or 4 times since. The hotel is clean inside and out, rooms are nice, comfortable beds, great breakfast, nice pool and the staff are top notch. Have recommended to friends and family who have since stayed here and they have all agreed. Great location and incredible value. Already booked our next stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family