“So incredibly loud!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Cadillac, MI
“So incredibly loud!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

I heard so many great things about this hotel. Was so glad that there was a room available at a short notice! The staff was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and the beds were ok. Here is the kicker...you can hear everything going on in the hall and in the rooms next door. Kids were running down the hall as late as 2:00 in the morning. Not a great night sleep. The breakfast was ok, very crowded. I was impressed how the people running it kept up!

I really wanted to love this place!! Maybe we will try it again when we come down for the Auto Show.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and I am happy to hear you enjoyed your clean room and that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. I am sorry to hear, though, about the noise issues you encountered in the hallways. I can assure you this is very unusual. We are looking forward to seeing you when you return for the Auto Show. Please contact me directly as it would be my pleasure to personally assist you during your stay. Thank you once again.

Joe Del Serrone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Czech first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We have been staying at the drury inn in troy mi since the 1980's. the staff is always friendly and make you feel welcome. The rooms are always clean and have recently been renovated. We can't say enough about how accommodating every one at the hotel is.The hot breakfast as well as all the other food is great and the free bar drinks are good to. Management makes sure you are well taken care of. When we travel in the USA we always stay at a drury inn when possible.They are all the same wherever you go. Clean, friendly & accommodating.

S & W WINDSOR ON

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sharon w
Near Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

Stayed there in January for a night after dinner. Easy check in, nice staff, rooms are large and comfortable. Very affortable for the ammedities that your get. We missed the kick-back time in the lobby but took advantage of the nice breakfast in the morning. Lots of choices and all included in the room package. Room was quiet and check out was quick. Pool was crazy busy with kids in the evening so we opted to walk next door to Fridays for a drink (the restaurant is connected so you can walk there without having to go outside). Will defiantly stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor (3rd floor) if you want silence.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2013

I have been staying at the Drury Inn in Troy, MI for the past three years at different time with my daughters and my friends always very enjoyable. This year I brought two of my friends on the weekend of Dec. 13th to the 15th 2013 and the hotel has been renovated and it is very nice and the service and food and drinks are great we enjoyed it very, very much. The staff is amazing and we will definitely go back I will make this an annual event for Xmas shopping and other events in the year. I live in Windsor and love to get away for a weekend or two every year and it will be at the Drury Inn in Troy, MI. Thank you to the staff for making our weekend very enjoyable.

Mary Braccio

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank MBRACCIO
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

As a first time guest I was blown away by what a great experience I had this past weekend at the Drury Inn in Troy, MI. The property was updated and clean, the food provided was better than I expected and the staff was outstanding. Everyone was very friendly and worked extremely hard to ensure my stay was wonderful. The GM Joe Del Serrone was especially attentive and could not have worked harder to make me feel welcomed and valued. He and his team are a true asset to the Drury brand!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Hamilton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Hi,
I stayed here for 4 days while on a business trip. The room was wonderful, bathroom as well, ( I like a nice hot shower and shave ;-) so I notice and appreciate this area. Room was always cleaned very well, immaculate.
The Hot breakfast was very nice, very enjoyable. They also had fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal and I believe waffles if you preferred. I also notice what appeared to be a Chef in the area. I thought this was impressive that the Hotel would have this person avail for the guests.

The Staff was very friendly, I met the General Manager, very friendly / busy but took time out of his schedule to greet a few guest.

Take care,
God bless
Don

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2013 via mobile

My daughter and I just spent two nights here. We have been coming to this Drury Inn for years for our annual Christmas shopping trip. It's proximity to The Somerset Collection and I-75 make it a great home base. The newly renovated rooms are beautiful. The pool area was very clean and 5:30 kickback is a perfect break between shopping trips . The Fridays is open late and its nice to walk over rather than have to get back in the car.The staff are very friendly and accommodating. Just a great trip. We'll be back!

Stayed November 2013