Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
$90
$119
$199
$139
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$76
QualityInn
$74
$149
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$64
$60
Priceline
$289
  • Pool
All reviewshot dogsnachosfree drinkstgi fridaysbaked potatohappy hourevening snackschillisausage pattieshot breakfastbagelsroom suiteshopping triphot tubfree internetgreat place to staystayed one night
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We stayed for the "Canadian weekend' and we have to give this hotel top marks!Manager Joe and his staff really go out of their way to make your stay a wonderful one!Check In was very pleasant and efficient. Room that we booked (large suite) was spotless and had easy access to everything... and 2 big flat screen tv's!!...The breakfast that is included was really good with hot oatmeal ,scrambled eggs, fresh fruit and everything that you need....It's great that they have a "Happy hour" in the evening with great snacks and cocktails or soda...whatever you want...Staff kept hearing from the Canadians that "there would never be anything like this back home "and it's true....They even let us check out late so that we could get in a last couple of hours of shopping on our last day...I have stayed at 5 star hotels in Toronto and you do not get the PERSONAL TOUCH that the Drury gives you.The staff make you feel right at home...Where else does the manager come over at breakfast and say a friendly HELLO!!For a wonderful getaway that is well priced I would recommend the Drury...There were a lot of happy guests during my stay....I really felt that the staff was trying their hardest to make me welcome....A+++

Room Tip: Suites are great and close to pool and door to outside parking....makes taking dog out easy..they have big tvs in each room..price is great and they have a fridge and all the conveniences
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank susan p
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Thank you,Joe Serrone, for the great weekend we had. Your staff was amazing. Thank you for fixing my computer. We arrived at 1:00 and we were given our room. The room was fantastic. They gave us shopping information. The breakfast was fantastic, and the kick back was great with the three drinks. The popcorn was also good. My husband has bladder cancer and this was our weekend to forget everything , which we did. We got a lot of shopping done and we were pleased with the prices. We are from Windsor and the stuff at Costco was amazing.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 123,456,828
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I stayed here for one night. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient at both arrival and departure. The Kickback light dinner was decent (not great, but decent). The full breakfast was good. There was a little bit of plumbing noise from other rooms and a little bit of door slamming in the hallway (but that ended quite early). I didn't notice any highway noise (in spite of the location), but I did hear LOTS of birds in the tree outside my room in the morning. The room was clean and comfortable. I will definitely stay here again and recommend Drury Inn to other people.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We booked three rooms for ourselves and other family members and from the moment we walked in the door to the time we left we received exceptional service. When a Manager takes time to greet guests, clean tables and refill juice glasses that's going above and beyond. We encountered that with all staff. I couldn't believe that they actually went from table to table advising of last call at 7:00 when the free alcholic drink service was over.
I have to agree the prices at the Outlet Malls Great Lake Crossing and Birch Run were not as good as they are in Canada right now. So that was a bit of a disappointment compared to a few years back. But, we still had a good time with our family and as always it's nice to get away.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th Floor and heard very little to no noise from our room.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night and overall was very good.

Pros:

• Very clean

• Front desk staff extremely friendly and welcoming

• free hot breakfast was decent enough, and good selection (scrambled eggs, sausage patties, breakfast potatoes, cereal, yogurt, fruit, muffins, donuts, oatmeal, juices, etc)

• 3 free alcoholic drinks between 5:30 - 7pm (see below for con)

• bed was pretty comfy

• location is great if you plan on shopping at Somerset Collection, Nordstrom off the Rack. Also only a short 10 min drive from the Great Lakes Crossing outlet.

Tip to Canadians: we go outlet shopping a lot and Birch Run and Great Lakes Crossing had some of the worst prices we've seen. Not much cheaper than here in Canada. We were disappointed.

Cons:

• the free appetizers served between 5:30-7pm are pretty gross. If you're somewhat of a health conscious person I implore you to not count on this for dinner - it's junk (stale nacho chips with processed cheese sauce, almost rock hard chicken fingers, hot dogs (those were ok), baked potatoes and I guess to try to round out the selection they had carrot and celery sticks.

I'm not sure if this is a pro or a con because we didn't eat there, but there is a TGI Fridays directly beside the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Amigo7