“Always a Pleasure to Stay at Drury”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Skokie, Illinois
“Always a Pleasure to Stay at Drury”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We always look to see if a Drury Inn is located near our destination. This time our destination was Dearborn, MI for the Henry Ford attractions. After reading the reviews of the Dearborn area hotels, I widened our search and found this Drury is only about 30 minutes away.
It is located right off the highway but there wasn't a peep of road noise in the room. We always try to upgrade to a suite for some extra space when our children go to sleep. This location has just been renovated inside and it looks very nice.
We booked the shopping special rate (was about $20 savings from published rate and came with a reusable shopping bag and outlet mall coupon book). The outlet mall was maybe 15 minutes north on the highway.
The staff was all super friendly and courteous. Our room was great, loved the updated furniture. The pool was clean and heated to a comfortable temperature. The happy hour and breakfast were extremely crowded to sit and eat. We waited for a table in the evening but took breakfast back up to the room. This was the first Drury we have been to that the bartender had their own special drink of the day.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a suite for some extra room.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
  • Czech first
Reviewed July 25, 2013

I travel alot with and without my small dog. However after traveling from IN with my dog in tow, I discovered that my original hotel was no longer pet friendly. I then began to check bringfido.com to find a nearby "Nice" hotel. I was more than surprised by the quality, service, cleanliness, and extras that the Druruy offered! We will defiantly be giving other Druruy Inns a chance thanks to the over all excellence of this stay.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank AGurley
Loveland, Ohio
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I always look forward to staying at the Drury Inn in Troy , Michigan. They couldn't make you feel more welcome. The hotel staff is exceptional. The breakfast and the nightly food & drinks are great! Can't wait to stay here the next time I am in Troy.
Bob McGohan

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel two times now and enjoyed both stays. The rooms were clean, pardon a few stains on the sheets (I could tell it was a difficult stain to get out, for I am a hotel clerk myself). The first night we ordered up a cot (for an additional $10) and the front desk clerk said it would take her about 40 minutes to prepare one, but she arrived within 25 minutes. We stayed in a king/jacuzzi suite for the latter stay which was great except one of the jets broke the moment we fired up the jets (upon inspection, the threading of the male plastic piece was grimey and the female plastic was cracked). We really enjoyed the free dinner from 5:30-7 (which included meatballs, pasta, baked potatoes, salad, and soup) and 3 drink vouchers (liquor or Bud Light). They also keep the soda machine on for most of the night. We also really liked the adult swim time from 10-11pm, since we are not children people. I didn't try the breakfast but my co-worker said it wasn't anything special. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again because the other hotels nearby don't have anywhere near the caliber of amenities as this Drury Inn does. Prices can't compare either!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Missouri
Reviewed July 9, 2013

This Drury Inn at Troy, Michigan, is top-notch! The hotel is so easy to find just off I-75. Conveniently located in a clean and secure area of Troy with several good restaurants and shopping close by. Hotel grounds are well-maintained, clean, with pleasant landscaping. Hotel staff at the front desk, breakfast bar attendants, and especially, housekeeping, were warm, courteous, and friendly. Response to request for service was very quick! The hot breakfast was everything you could want at home. The attendants made sure that breakfast items never ran short and was always there to give a hand. The manager came through to personally greet breakfast guests and even give a hand with clearing breakfast tables; nice touch! A TGIF restaurant is conveniently attached so you don't have to get wet if it's raining outside. Rooms are spacious and very clean including linen, towels, and tub plus, all the amenities worked well. The water is hot and the A/C runs cold! A convenient business center meets just about any computing needs and the gym is more than adequate. Upon check-in, hotel guests receive free drink vouchers for the "kickback" hour. What more can we say? It was a great place for my wife and I and two puppy dogs to spend our July 4th weekend!

Room Tip: If you bring your family pooch along, let the hotel staff know and they'll locate you in a groun...
1 Thank sparrow1
Troy, Michigan
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I wished we would have stayed at this hotel years ago, it is perfect for families with children! The staff is very friendly, the rooms are clean and comfortable, the pool and jacuzzi just right, not fancy, but the kids used this pool more than at the waterpark we went to a few months ago. And the big plus is the breakfast and supper that is included. The food was always wonderful with plenty of selection, and not having to leave the hotel to eat with 4 kids was real nice. We only got to stay 2 nights, wished it were longer. In case anyone's interested of what kind of food they provide, for breakfast it was the following (all buffet): make your own waffles, yogurts, fruits, eggs, sausage, buiscuits and gravy, toast, bagels, muffins, hashbrowns, and whatever drinks you'd like. For supper: pasta, meatballs, hotdogs, baked potatoes, salads, veggie trays, chips, nachos and cheese...You get unlimited soda and popcorn from 3-10 p.m., and for the adults you get a card for alcohol drinks (3 free per person) for each evening you're here. I would recommend this place especially for families, but I would even come here with just my husband for a couple's getaway. The price was great and affordable, and because we were from Canada, we got a discount that we didn't even expect upon arrival, $50 off for each night! I am still amazed at the service we got for so little $. Definitely our new choice of hotel from now on. Everyone had a wonderful time.

Room Tip: "If you have a larger family, say 4 kids, stay in the larger suite, with 2 queen beds and a sof...
Spartanburg, South Carolina
Reviewed July 9, 2013

Very polite staff and very clean grounds and up kept. Dogs allowed with no ridiculous pet fee. Nice free breakfast and free snacks in the early evening. Pop and popcorn offered all day for free. TGI Friday's is connected for a good meal.

Room Tip: If you check-in early enough ground floor is a better possibility.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends