“Great staff, good value, excellent stay!”

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed May 15, 2013

This is the second time I’ve stayed at a Drury Inn on business this year, and I was impressed at the consistency of their service delivery, despite the fact the two hotels are about a thousand miles apart. Having spent over a decade in the Disney organization, I know what a challenge it is to find and develop employees who are truly service-oriented, but Drury seems to have found the formula as evidenced by the wonderfully cordial and helpful staff at the Troy property.

The hotel itself was clean and well-maintained. My room had plenty of space, a comfortable bed, and a couple of nice touches including a flat screen TV and a refrigerator. The one amenity that was not provided was hand lotion, so keep that in mind if you plan on staying here.

Many hotels provide you with complimentary food, but the Drury Inn goes a step beyond the norm. Breakfast features the usual “continental” fare, plus scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit and waffles. In the early evening, there is a manager’s reception, but in addition to the popcorn and nachos offered at other hotels with your complimentary cocktails, here you can have soup, salad, hot dogs, macaroni & cheese, baked potatoes and pasta with meatballs.

This property is centrally located to the many companies that have offices in the Troy area. There are larger, more widespread and higher profile hotel chains, but for overall value and service you really can’t go wrong with the Drury Inn.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

Stayed 2 nights on business in Warren (short 15-20 drive away). Overall very clean and felt updated. Generally exceeded expectations. Was close to the mall and several decent restaurants. The breakfast was great and service was very helpful.

My only complaint was the towel to be used as a floor mat was stained w/ dirty footprints (although appeared to be laundered). Didn't bother me too much, but I'm not a terribly picky person.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Just spent another girls weekend at the Troy Drury Inn. We have been coming to Michigan for an annual shopping trip for the last 6 years, staying at the Drury Inn for the last five. The Manager Joe and Asst. Mgr Ruth were extremely helpful with booking our reservation and getting us a great rate. The kick back reception was once again fantastic , with a great variety of food and three free drinks!. The staff is excellent , very friendly and always helpful. Everyone you deal with here has a big smile and are very attentive. You cannot find a better value than the Drury Inn anywhere and their staff is the icing on the cake! My only complaint is there aren't more Drury Inns to stay at whenever we travel. It is always our number one choice. Well done Joe, Ruth and Staff, thanks for an excellent weekend! See you next year!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MaryLou L
Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was there with a group friends on a shopping trip. The shopping was rather disappointing. Once I returned home I found myself telling my friends and co-workers all about my fantastic stay at Drury Inn. It's like that was the highlight of my trip! I almost felt like I was lying about all the endless perks. 3 FREE drinks a person?!! Really. We found ourselves rushing out of the stores to return back to the beautifully renovated dining room for our FREE dinner and drinks to unwind and chat and plan the following day which would start with the FREE breakfast. The Manager who was 'hands on' and no job was 'beneath him' gave us the impression he couldn't be happier and wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Having discovered the Drury Inn last year on a road trip, we decided to try The Troy Drury Inn, which proved to be as good as all the others. Every staff member went out of their way to make our visit very comfortable and relaxing. Kay Lumpkin and her staff were especially attentive, and eager to answer all our questions, give directions to local venues, and of course put on a delicious "Kickback" experience. Waking up to an ample and delicious breakfast was another perk that we thoroughly enjoyed. We appreciated to gift bag that we received on our arrival and the courtesy call advising us of the renovations that were going on. We also appreciated the all day availability of refreshments. I have never encountered any other establishment being so generous in its' package deal. The accommodations were all we expected and we look forward to returning for another weekend experience. We feel very comfortable in recommending the Drury Inn to all of our friends. Congratulations to Joe Del Serrone, General Manager, and his hard working and dedicated staff.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie K
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Let me say first that my husband and I were already fans of the Drury chain as we travel to Florida for the winter with our dog and Drury is dog friendly. This time we were just in Detroit for a concert at the Fox Theatre and made reservations online. Everyone at this particular Drury Inn could not have been nicer and more helpful, starting with the front desk check in and the wait staff at the nightly happy hour and morning breakfast buffet. The place looked clean and new and the room was spotless! Like I said, we were already Drury fans, so our expectations were high - this place exceeded them!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jawouds
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had to travel with a friend for a medical appointment in Troy Michigan. She loved the Drury, I thought oh just another hotel. Big surprise! Great staff, food was excellent, three free drinks. Complimentary breakfast was huge. Price of the room excellent. It defiantely is a must stay. One small click is those Michigan U turns. Got us a little turned around. But all in all what a great stay.

Room Tip: The room was quiet and we heard no highway traffic. Pool was awesome. Lots of other dinning places...