Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice hotel overall. Rooms were nice, beds comfortable, etc.... We had a jacuzzi in our room, and it's a stretch to call it a 2 person one, but no big deal. The staff was wonderful and very helpful. Nice breakfast and food in the evenings. Families with children could really save some money by using these extras. We would stay again if we are in the area.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 15, 2013 via mobile

This newly renovated hotel is a great place to stay. 5:30pm happy with food and drinks (alcoholic and soft drinks) - enough food to make it your dinner. Great hot breakfast as well, almost anything you could want.

Staff is very welcoming and helpful

Rooms are very nice with a separate bedroom and living room area.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank AngTripp
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I just decided to write a review, I visited this Drury Inn location last May 2012. I was in town to watch a tigers game with my husband. Based on the reviews of this site I chose the Drury Inn. We missed the free meal and cocktails because of being at the game. We did take advantage of the free pop. Which was AWESOME. Also ate at the restaurant connected to the hotel. Our room was quiet, clean and very comfortable. We took advantage of the pool. Also the breakfast in the morning was probably one of the most complete breakfasts I've ever had at a hotel. More like being at a restaurant.Overall I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The price was reasonable too. I wish there were more Drury Inn's around MI.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2013

Had a great experience, friendly service, we were given a newly renovated room in which we were the first guests to stay in! VERY NICE!!! upgraded from 2 double beds to 2 Queen beds..missed out on all the free food and drink tickets as we arrived late..and slept in so we missed breakfest as well..but all these extra's will certainly keep us coming back!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 13, 2013

We knew going in that the hotel was being renovated, so we were prepared for just about anything. The staff at check-in provided a gift bag with earplugs and snacks which was very clever and the room was very nice as usual. Clean bathroom and nicely decorated room. That is the good. The bad was the unsupervised teens at the pool that, without going into too much detail, engaged in entirely inappropriate behavior. When this was brought to the attention of the staff, they were extremely responsive, sending monitors to the pool and even offering to comp the room for the night. The following night about midnight, the air conditioner lost its mind and started clanking like my old desk fan! A quick call to the front desk over the noise got us moved to a different room immediately. The breakfast and dinner were not overwhelming, but had enough of a choice that even a low carb diet had some pickings. Overall, I would say this was a really nice weekend. Nice people, decent accommodations and reasonable price. Good job, Drury Inn Troy.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Under sad circumstances i had to travel to detroit for a funeral. There is Drurys all around the area I live so I was happy to find something familiar to stay in. What a great choice! This hotel is going threw renovations and it looks great, my room was brand new and beautiful and breakfast was the best. In the evening from 5pm to 7 they serve food and FREE cocktails. Who can beat that?? Nicole checked me in with a great smile on her face I was happy to see her at the bar as the bartender as well she was so cheered and funny kind of made me forget why I was there. Alen was just as friendly too. The housekeepers greeted you with a smile everytime. Sorry I didnt get their names. But everyone there was happy. It really brought a smile to my face when I really needed one. Everyone has to stay there if your in the area. ITS A MUST!!! keep it up DRURY!!!

Room Tip: Get a renovated room!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Stacy P
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Mid Jan we visited during a renovation.
They supplied snacks and ear plugs in a gift bag.
Rooms were good hopefully to get better.
A great overnight place .
We shop on the way, hit happy hour almost enough for dinner,
and swim. Next morning we get a free breakfast, (not just a donut)
and swim somw more.
2 hints: morning leaving can ask for noon checkout ( at desk morning of)
and CAA should get you an upgrade.

Room Tip: corner rooms are nicest laid out, hallway to store all luggage and not see it. Suties mean 2 tvs an...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family