“Good location, nice staff” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy

Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Toronto, Canada
“Good location, nice staff”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed in for three nights, when we checked in, the staff were really nice and gave us coupons flyer for Great Lakes Crossing mall as I took the shopping package, you pay the same as the best rate but you get these coupons only. The room was smelling fresh as soon as you open the door, the colors of the bedding and carpets make the room feels old. No Duvets on the beds, the sheets were clean but didn't have the crispy fresh bedding as usual in the hotels. The A/C unit was loud, the first night it took us a while to get used for the noise it makes when turning on. The breakfast was good. The evening snacks weren't that special, but you get drinks and the lady at the bar was nice to make me and my daughter nonalcoholic drinks. The last night we asked them if we can take one more night and use the 15% off they were offering for your next stay (we had an ad in the room for this) but the front desk said they cant offer us this and it is only for corporate rate, so we packed our stuff and left the next day to another hotel not because of the 10$ we could have saved but because it didn't feel right.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, January 3, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. The comments we receive from our guests are greatly appreciated as they allow us to focus on specific areas. I regret to hear you decided not to extend your stay during your recent visit. You may have already had a discounted rate and the Guest Service Agent was not able to apply any additional discounts. However, if I may provide any further information, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. Thank you and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Joe Del Serrone

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
  • Czech first
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

When traveling to my corporate office, in the past I have stayed in an older hotel in Warren.
This was my first time in this particular Drury Inn and it was a very short but enjoyable stay.
Although I was only there for two nights, I found the atmosphere charming, the staff friendly, the breakfast hot (the gravy could have been thicker), the room clean and the bed comfortable.
Plus, with the standard amenities Drury provides, makes this an excellent value for the $$.

Room Tip: The "Friday's" in front of the hotel - what can I say - excellent!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Seaforth, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

Unbeleivable !! What a fantastic experiance. This was our groups first visit to a Drury Inn and it will not be our last. The staff were fantastic, The breakfast was amazing, We also recieved 3 free drinks with our free hot snacks each evening. Room and bed were big and comfortable.
Our group were from canada,
Unfortunetly the excellent experiance from the drury Inn helped accelerate to mood for our wives spending at the outlet stores. Ouch !!

Room Tip: Try the King Size Bed Room, The rooms also have a Microwave and fridge, Free long distance calls i...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Stuart M
Cedar Springs, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2012

It is so nice to come into a hotel and they know who you are. Luli is a a true asset to this front desk. She knew us from past visits, knows we come to see our Grandma in July & November. Even went as far to ask us if we were going to the Thanksgiving parade because she remembered us going to the Clawson parade in July.
The rooms are always clean and inviting. The staff acknowledges us throughout the hotel and asks us if the room is good and if there is anything more they can do for us.
The staff for kickback and breaksfast are always on the top of their game engaging customers and ensureing things are fresh and well stocked.
Thank you for making this our "home" away from home.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

I arrived to a very pleasant front desk staff. Welcoming and informative. I go to my first room walk in and it smells like stale cigarettes. I go into the bedroom turn on the light by the bed and sitting in front of me is long black hairs. I go down to the front desk. They apologize and send me to a new room. As I travel a lot for work these things happen sometimes... Unfortunately I go to the next room. It does smell better but I pull back the bedding and there are hairs EVERYWHERE! I pull out the bedding from the plastic "comforter" bag " the extra bedding and it is worse than what is on the bed right now. I call down to the front desk they offer to bring me a new blanket. The gal shows up with the " clean blanket" I unfold it while she is standing there only to find that one full of hair! She is mortified to say the least. I'm not sure I can sleep. Also, TGI Fridays is gross! I ordered the pecan crusted chicken salad. The chicken came in a separate container from the salad because they obviously microwaved a leftover piece of chicken. I would not recommend this hotel at all. They say they are undergoing a remodel after the first of the year. It needs it for sure but they have got to change their housekeeping policy as well. I was informed that the sheets are changed after each guest but the comforters are only washed about once a week. Avoid this hotel! Or bring your own bedding.

Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments on TripAdvisor. We are truly sorry you have had a concern with our blankets during your recent stay. Your comments will be shared with our housekeeping department and they will help us improve our services. We are excited to receive new bedding during our renovation which is scheduled to start mid January 2013. We hope you will give us another opportunity to be at your service the next time you return to the Troy area. Thank you once again.

Joe Del Serrone
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

We did a weekend shopping trip, and decided to stay at the Drury Inn because it looked like it was just in the middle of everything. We had never stayed in a Drury Inn before so we didn't know what to expect. It was a lot more than expected. Friendly staff, clean rooms with microwaves, refrigerator, and coffee maker, free internet in the lobby. The room prince included a hot breakfast, three free drinks in the bar along with hot and cold appetizers, and free popcorn and pop in the evening. I have never been to a hotel with so many extras. There is a T.G.I.F's attached to the hotel our waitress did a map for us when was asked how to get to a Meijer..once again excellent service.. I would go back to the Inn for sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank elainekprimeau
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

This hotel has everything you will need!! The staff was friendly and extremely helpful. We ended up arriving much earlier than expected and they were able to accommodate us without any extra charge. They also told us that since we were from Canada, that we'd get an even better rate than what we'd first anticipated when we originally booked the hotel! Just for being Canadian! Sweet!

It was conveniently located right off the highway. As well, it had a TGIFriday's next door which made for a quick and easy dinner.

It offers a hot buffet breakfast, including waffles, potatoes, sausage, scrambled eggs, toast, muffins, bagels, cereal! They offer Happy Hour at 5 pm where you can get up to 3 alcoholic beverages per person. They also offer between 7-10pm evening snacks (popcorn and beverages). You also get 15 free long distance minutes per day within the US and Canada. Finally, since we were traveling with our dog, this place has NO pet fee which was a nice bonus!

The room had all of the standards: coffee maker, fridge, nice flat screen TV. The bed was pretty comfy and we didn't hear any noise from our neighbors. The bathroom was decent, but we kept the door closed because it did have a certain smell to it since there was no fan. Something they should certainly look into getting!! But, overall, the room was quite nice for the price we paid for it and we'd stay there again for sure!

We'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants a clean, comfortable place to stay for a weekend getaway of shopping.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple