Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewshot dogsnachosfree drinkstgi fridaysbaked potatohappy hourevening snackschillisausage pattieshot breakfastbagelsroom suiteshopping triphot tubfree internetgreat place to staystayed one night
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 21, 2011

I will start off by saying that I am a HUGE Embassy Suites fan because of the size of their rooms, their great made-to-order breakfasts and their unlimited free (minus tip) beer, wine and liquor beverages every evening.

I was unaware that Drury Inn's offer almost the same amenities at a much lower cost that Embassy Suites.

I will start off with the access to the hotel. The Drury on Big Beaver Rd is very convienent with a location just off I-75 and is very close to a large amount of retail shopping and eateries. The access road off Big Beaver is not marked, to my recollection, however I had no probelm finding it. The hotel entrance for vehicle traffic is crammed into a small space and trying to park in front of the doors to check-in was not easy.

The check inn process was VERY quick, however the two guests in front of me were not processed as fast resulting in a little wait. I walked in to the hotel as these two guests were already being helped therefore I do not know what the hold-up was about. Again, when it was my turn I was processed very quickly, given directions and was explained about what the hotel had to offer.

The "5:30 Kickback" as they call it offers hotel guests three free adult beverages and a nice assortment of snacks or dinner if you so choose. The hotel provides you with a card in which you have to present to the bar so they can check it off, keeping your number of drinks to three. The food comprised of hotdogs with classic fixings, and ingredients for classic nachos. Also available 24/7 was a soda fountain with an assortment of pop.

My family used the indoor pool at the facility and found it to be very nice. The pool was clean, the pool deck was clean and the towels were always kept stocked. The pool was also open until at least 10pm.

The rooms & bathrooms were very clean and the beds & pillows were comfortable with an easy to use climate control dial. The television was in HD which is a nice touch. Our room also had a small fridge and microwave. I will say that the hotel is a little bit of a maze with several winding hallways. There is also no shortage of elevators at this hotel which made getting up ando

We did seek suggestions from the front desk staff for recommendations on pizza joints in the area. I had done some homework prior to arriving and found about 15 different places with only about five being large chains. We hoped that the staff would have some insight on some great pizza espcially since there were so many options. (Just ask me about pizza joints, or any other food for that matter, and be ready for some options.) The desk staff provided us three options, two being large pizza chains. Knowing how many pizza places were close by we were a little surprised we were simply handed menu's to only three different places. I don't want to be overly critical and will add that there is no dedicated concierge and I believed that the staff was appropriately helpful and ended up using one of their options.

There was no option to check out or view your bill on the television which I enjoy as it is convienent. Also, no bill was delivered to the room for my review either. However, checkout was a breeze with a simple call to the desk.

For the price we paid for this room, $89.00 with taxes included, we could not have found a better deal anywhere around Troy, which historically is a high dollar area. Our visit has opened my eyes to this chain of hotels and will certainly look for other Drury Inn's the next time we search for a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Recently we stayed at the Drury Inn (Troy Mi). We have stayed here before, and again this staff/hotel goes beyond what is expected. Aida,Jill,Ruth and Kay treat you like you are family. They can not do enough for you, alway pleasant.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2011

I love Drury Inns and always look for them when I travel. The Drury in Troy was no disappointment! The staff was phenomenally friendly and helpful, the rooms were clean and comfortable. Drury's extras are always the best of all, free internet, breakfast, snacks, dinner, popcorn and drinks! Plus in-room fridge and microwave and nice big TVs. You just can't get any better and it is by far my favorite chain hotel. We stayed four nights for my friends' wedding and the hotel is in easy driving distance of fun activities, shopping, museums, and the zoo. The food was good and the staff was amazing at keeping up with a huge crowd of hockey fans. The internet was reliable and fast. No complaints at all.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2011

Trust the reviews on this hotel!
Check in was swift and early!
The lobby was clean, the rooms were clean, the halls were clean, the pool and hot tub were clean!
The pop and popcorn from 3-10 were a huge hit with the 4 kids we had with us!
The kick back hour appetizers were wonderful and the free cocktails perfect!
Breakfast was plentiful and hot!
It was quiet and the bed were comfortable!
Seriously what more could you ask for?
The only recommendation I have is that hotel staff monitor the pool area more as there was an adult actually doing back flips into the pool for of children! Not cool!

• Stayed: February 2011
Reviewed February 22, 2011

Ever since we stayed at our first Drury Inn in St. Louis, MO we always look for drury Inn's near other cities we travel, as we Always enjoy ourselves and the drury always knows how to please their guest and this location was no exception. The Hotel staff were very friendly, the free breakfast and lunch were awesome! the rooms clean and extremely spacious. The T.G.I.Fridays that was built into the hotel with delivery to the rooms was also very very convenient. BUT my only complaint is the noise. Normally at the several different drury locations we've stayed at we've been pleasantly surprised by how quiet it is, but this location the walls apparently are not as thick because at all hours of the night you could hear toilets flushing and people running water. The people above us kept turning the water on and off for several hours while we were trying to sleep it was really annoying. As much as I love the drury this was probably my least pleasurable location only because of the noise.. im sure if it weren't so busy this place would be 5 stars, because its conveniently located closed to LOTS AND LOTS of shopping areas and only a few minutes from auburn hills outlet mall. I would still recommend this area for others, but make sure they knew about the noise we endured.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank crystalownsyou
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Detroit Troy, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2011

Thank you very much for your feedback. We sincerely apologize for the noise inconvenience you encountered during your stay at our hotel. It is our mission to provide an enjoyable and comfortable experience to our guests. Your comments are appreciated and they will help us work to achieve these goals. We look forward to being at your service in the near future. Once again, thank you for the feedback.

Joe Del Serrone