“Friendly, Clean, Affordably Priced”

Quality Inn Detroit - Troy
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed June 6, 2013

From the moment we booked to the moment we left, the staff were very kind and helpful. We had to travel about 6 hours with 3 children for a wedding. We arrived MUCH later than we had hoped, but they still held the room for us. Needless to say, we were quite tired the following 2 days. Despite leaving our room past noon, we were surprised and thrilled to see that they had miraculously come and cleaned anyway. We really hadn't expected it especially during a holiday weekend. The front desk staff were always friendly and cheerful, and helped us find local restaurants and activities. We missed breakfast the first 2 days, but managed to catch it on the last day. It was what I usually expect for a good hotel breakfast. They had the do-it-yourself waffles, which I really appreciate. A nice touch was the drinks were in pitchers in a refrigerator rather than sitting in ice or in one of those huge dispensers. Even the kind man who came to clear up asked if we were finished before putting everything away. If we need a place to stay in the Troy area, we would definitely come back to this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
qualityinntroy, General Manager at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thanks for the awesome review! I'm glad you left satisfied, we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 5, 2013

This hotel is located right off of I75 and I would suggest getting a room on the south sied of the hotel, away from the expressway. Our room was clean and quite. It is what you would expect for this level of hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. One area for improvment would be to supply higher quailty towel and two for each guest, only only had one and I think we could have asked for more. The towels were getting a bit thin and need to be replaces with better ones.
I would stay there again when in the Troy area. Breakfast bar was better than most we have had.

Room Tip: Get a room on the south side away from the expressway, we did not hear any road noise at all, very q...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for the review! It is standard to receive 4 full size towels per room. I will pass along your comment to our housekeeping managers. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Stayed here one night. Very clean and comfortable. Located in semi-residential area right off the interstate. Well maintained. We used the WiFi to check email, and had no problem with it. Beds wee comfortable, good quiet sleep. The breakfast was fine, and started the day off well. Only issue with the location, is there are no family resturants near the motel, but plenty next exit north. Would recommend highly and stay there again. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for the kind review! Glad to know you had a great stay.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

We traveled from Toledo, OH for business in the Troy, MI area so decided to give the Quality Inn a try. Just off the freeway, we were surprised at the rates ($129 for a Jacuzzi King room), the free breakfast, and cleanliness. The only downer was that there was no indoor pool or spa, but they do have a small fitness area. It was quiet and the beds were clean, crisp and comfortable. We will stay here when in Troy.

Room Tip: Ask for a jacuzzi King suite. At the tiime, they were only a few dollars more than a regular jacuzzi...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
qualityinntroy, General Manager at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for the review! We're excited to know that you're happy with the value and your room. We hope to see you the next time you're in Troy!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Recently stayed for 3 nights. I'm in the hotel industry and selected this hotel based on ratings and great Tripadvisor reviews. The positive reviews are accurate, too. The rooms were clean, well maintained and smelled fresh. The staff I interacted with were extremely helpful and friendly!

This hotel was a Holiday Inn that re-branded to Quality Inn. It has been kept up well and easy to access from I75. I won't hesitate to book here again the next time I need a hotel in this area.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review. Our cleaning staff is top notch and we are very proud of their attention to detail. We are happy that you were more than satisfied with your room. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I had booked a reservation here at this hotel and we ran into a few problems. But the entire staff (Allison, Mary (GM), and Michelle (DOS)) were all superb and presented themselves with great positive attitudes. They assisted me in cancelling my other reservation at a different hotel and set me up with my room here. The room was in great shape as well. I am completely impressed with the way they took care of me. It also made me feel very welcomed for the thanks they had given me for my service to our country. This facility and staff are excellent, I would be more than happy to stay here in the future. Thank you again.
~Taylor

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thanks so much for the review. Allison is awesome! We will pass your compliments on to our staff. Thank you again for your service. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed over the weekend, the hotel itself is located a little off the beaten path so you want to make sure you're looking for the road signs. We stayed in room 403 which was just down a couple of doors from the elevator, we thought that there may be an issue with noise but we didn't hear a thing. The room was clean and spacious, the only issues that I could see was that the hotel itself was a little dated.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple