“Delightful Surprise”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Chicago, Illinois
“Delightful Surprise”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I was in town for a family event and stayed here over the weekend on Choice Rewards points. I was pleasantly surprised as the front desk clerk cheerfully greeted me as I arrived after 10:30pm on Friday evening. My room was extremely clean, well furnished and comfortable. I had access to an in room fridge and a shared microwave near the vending machines. I thought that was a very efficient idea. In the morning they served a hot breakfast - eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, cereals fruits, yogurt, danish, bagels, coffees and juices. I was impressed by the selection and cleanliness of the breakfast area, but most importantly the opportunity to eat breakfast off of "real" plates with real silverware. Even some of the fancier hotels serve breakfast on styrofoam - this was a real treat. The hotel also had a nice business center, lobby and fitness room. I would definitely stay again and would recommend this hotel to others. Even though I had booked using points, I had looked at the room prices and I believe this is a great value for the quality of the room and service provided. Also the location is great, just off of I-75 and Rochester Road, very convenient to the highway.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
qualityinntroy, General Manager at Quality Inn Detroit - Troy, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Thank You so much for the review, we always strive to give the best service to our guests. We here at Quality Inn are pleased to have met your expectations. If we can do anything to improve please let us know.

Quality Inn (Troy, MI)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Maidstone
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is a good place to stay on a budget. It was clean with comfortable beds. They have a bar in the lobby to have a drink and relax,free coffee on all day. A nice breakfast in the morning, eggs,bacon cereal, yogurt,fruit etc. The hotel is close to the malls and perfect for a ladies night out shopping trip. My husband and I stayed here and thought it was a great place to stay after shopping. We would certainly go back again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Interlochen, Michigan
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This is my home away from home. I look forward to going there at night after work and having a drink or two in the bar with the dinner they provide to their choice privileges members. The room is always clean and comfortable. Coffee is always ready when I get up in the morning, no matter how early and breakfast is ready at 6:00 A.M. The staff know my name and my routines. They treat me like they are glad to have me there.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Saginaw, Michigan
Reviewed March 6, 2013

My wife and I stayed for one night. When we need to stay at a hotel, we generally like to find one with an in room jacuzzi/tub. We found this hotel and it seemed to have decent reviews and the photos looked nice as well. We figured we'd give it a try.

I don't necessarily have anything bad to say, but we weren't too impressed. The service was fine, the room was equipped with everything we needed, etc.... The hotel was super dated. The lobby and halls took me back to the 80's. The room, while dated , didn't seem as old as the rest if the interior. The bed was decent, the pillows were fine also. The jacuzzi was decent sized, but the jets were ridiculously weak. This was one the biggest drawbacks we had, since we were looking forward to it.

Even though it was a weekday, the hotel seemed too empty. There were only about 10 vehicles in the parking lot. Overall, I think paid a little too much for the room we had at a nearly empty hotel. We have had much better rooms and ammenities for cheaper at other hotels in the area. I doubt we would return because if this.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
franschhoek
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Recently spent about 8 or 9 days on and off during my stay in the USA. Found the room perfectly adequate and good value for money. Staff were friendly and very helpful (especially Walter). I will certainly return to this establishment on my next USA visit.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Grand Haven, MI
Reviewed January 31, 2013

I've stayed here several times the past year or so while in the area on business. A very good value for the price. Rooms are clean and spacious; bathrooms adequate (a little small, but ok); fitness room is nice; rooms are quiet; comfy beds and pillows; front desk very professional and friendly. Become a member of Choice Privileges and there is a free cocktail hour with appetizers (sometimes more like dinner!) for members. There is a nice breakfast in the am also. Location is just off I-75, but in a very quiet area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business