“Unwanted "deal"”

Maggiano's Little Italy
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 284 Restaurants in Troy
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have eaten at Maggiano's in the past and was going to be in Troy, Michigan for a number of hours and thought I would go there again. When I ordered the cheese ravioli, the waitress asked what I wanted my take-out dinner to be. I explained that I wouldn't be home for hours, it would spoil and I didn't want a take out meal. She explained that it was "included" in the price. So, if I ordered any of the popular pasta choices like spaghetti or ravioli, I was compelled to "pay" for a dinner to go, whether I want it or not. I didn't have the option of substituting a salad - which is a la carte- for my take-out dinner. This may be great if you live local, but not if you are traveling. The restaurant was clean, the service fine, but as long as this "deal" is in place I will not dine there. I will choose a restaurant where I only have to pay for what I want.

Reviewed May 16, 2014

Went to Maggiano for dinner last night and had the baked ziti. Clearly they are using a different sauce and sausage. It's not good at all. I used to love it. Brought home the spaghetti with meat sauce and same thing. The sauce is spicy but not like an arrabiata. Unless I hear that it gets better, we won't be going back. The chopped salad was delicious.

Reviewed April 29, 2014

The food is very good, the prices are a good value, and the service is very good. The atmosphere is good with linen and dark wood.

Reviewed April 17, 2014 via mobile

Have had this many times. Food is pretty good. Last visit food took forever. There are better options in troy.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Loved the Salad Dressing on the salad. Now you would think there would something outstanding to mention first. I mention salad dressing. The food is pretty good...and medium priced. Just not the best Italian I've ever had. I would say a step up from Olive Garden...but, no Bacco's.

Been to Maggiano's Little Italy? Share your experiences!