“Fantastic accommodations.”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I love this hotel it is a true suite with oven and full kitchen. Real wood burning fireplace was very romantic. Lots of noise overheard from second floor guests though. Needed more pots and a dishrag. I cook a lot and nothing(cookware) was non stick. Repeatedly needed to sign onto internet multiple times a day.

• Stayed: January 2014

Reviewed December 30, 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I was expecting something completely different from the reviews this place got but I was pleasantly surprised when I got there. The room was a nice size, about the size of a studio apartment. It had a kitchen with a stove, a microwave, a full refrigerator, as well as cups plates utensils etc. There was a small living area which was fine for the 3 of us to use. The bed was a king size & the couch was a pull out which came in handy for our guest. The bathroom was normal, nothing to brag about. The staff was super friendly & when I say the staff I mean everyone. From front desk to cleaning as well as kitchen staff. I really liked this Hawthorn suites & if I am ever back in Michigan I will definitely stay here again.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 22, 2013

Needed reservations last minute because of a power outage. Front desk service was friendly and accommodating. Room was clean and well-equipped. Didn't have breakfast; both breakfast and dinner are included in the room rate (dinner was simply sandwiches, a basic salad and juice). Laundry facilities and ample parking. A very good value!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
fbakoss, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us while your power was out. We hope to see you again soon but not under the same circumstances!

Reviewed November 21, 2013

This could be a much better experience with some attention to details. My remote control did not work. I asked the front desk to fix it during the day while I was gone. Nothing. I called the desk in the evening and all I could be offered was fresh batteries if I would walk in the rain and bring the remote to them. I complied. Batteries were not the problem. How about a trash can in the bathroom? Finally, ugly spots on the curtain need to be cleaned or replaced. My colleague asked for an iron only to be told he could walk to the desk and get one. What he got was an embarrassing, bare metal ironing board. Toaster in room looks like vintage 1978. All of this accumulated to overshadow the large rooms and polite staff who just need more help.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hal_from_AL

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We do apologize for some of the issues that had occurred during your stay. I have passed along your review to our maintenance staff and the general manager. We are grateful for the suggestions and input and we hope that you choose to stay with us again so you can see your comments and concerns addressed.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I love this place because it is more like an apartment than a hotel. The kitchen gives me the option of cooking my own food if I choose because it is stocked with everything you need, pans, plates, silverware, etc.

Room Tip: I don't recommend a room on the Interstate side, at first I thought someone was rattling my door...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to hear that you got the chance to truly experience what our home away from home had to offer. We can't wait to have you back soon.