“It is what it is and don't expect more”

Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

I booked through their 1800 number. They said "suite" From my experience that means not a regular room. In their hotel it means the lowest quality room. Since it was close to check in time I couldn't switch our room. The tv was very fuzzy so I was told to clear out and switch rooms. So we packed up the whole car not knowing the new room was just next door. The room had six large flies buzzing around. The capets had stains and the tile on the floor was dirty. The silverware dirty. The floor of the tub was not level so I had to stand one foot infront of the other and it didn't drain properly. The property is not quiet because you can hear the traffic on I75 all night. The breakfast was not good and it surely wasn't enough for all. The juice machine was not working so they had a pitcher of some colored water they called juice. That was the worst hotel breakfast in history. They only positive thing I can say is the people at the front desk were nice.

• Stayed: August 2013
fbakoss, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the inconvenience that you may have encountered during your stay. We are always in the process of improving our property and right now we are putting the final touches on our renovation that took place over the summer. We hope you choose to stay with us again and your experience is a better one.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Nice place, nice suites. Unfortunately it seems to be a party place for young adults. They rent the large suite and have their friends in and out all night. This happened two nights in a row. Two different groups of young people.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We apologize for the groups we had at the hotel during your stay. The groups we get normally do not get that "rambunctious". We hope you choose to stay with us again and we will make sure to place you elsewhere on the property.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

stayed there for three weeks with 35 other Italian kids, I know that we talk loud and we may have disturbed anyone and for this we apologize.
I must say that the hotel had a great time both as a bedroom or as a service, the staff was very friendly and helpful.
the pool and the cozy lobby have helped to be magic this accommodation. I would recommend it and I will be back gladly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you and the Italian students had such a great time. We can't wait to have you and the pink limo back again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've been at this hotel for 2 weeks. Had to change rooms for plumbing leak. I'm here with a group of 12 working professionals. So last night they allowed a group of young adults to play basketball until after midnight. They the group of 20 or so decided to have a party in the central courtyard. It went on until just before 3am. Two of my group changed rooms. Best guess is that 20+ rooms did not sleep until after 3am. This morning our call was 6am so my crew was a lot of fun and did terrific work today.... Many of us called the front desk asking for help starting at midngiht and were all told they would fix it. Nothing happened. Today after a 14 hour day with little sleep I dropped by the front desk where I was told that there was a group of young Italians staying at the hotel and yes they have had many complaints. I asked what can be done if this happens again.... "I'm sorry they are also guests of the hotel" What the hell kind of answer / service is this? Be warned if staying at this place and you like to sleep prior to 3am.

Room Tip: Any room at a different hotel or if you staying here get one way in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We do apologize for the issues you may have encountered during your stay. Hotel policy is that all outside activities are wrapped up by 10 pm. Your review has been forwarded to the Front Desk Manager and the Front desk agents are being reminded of this policy. We hope the next time you stay with us your experience is much different.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was in the "Penthouse Suite"...the king size beds were clean and comfy, the kitchen was clean, and there were no fruit flies (everyone else was complaining of them)! The carpet was dated and the fireplace, although lovely, was not functional. I believe Wyndham recently took over this property and they need to update it. The paint is peeling on the exterior and some of the steps need to be replaced. There are no elevators and the entrances are all exterior...I can see that snow and ice would be a problem in the winter. The "messages" light was flashing on my phone and when I called the desk to find out how to retrieve them (the card was missing from the telephone) I was told that someone would call me in the morning to tell me how to do it. Subsequently, I found a card on one of the other phones in the suite and figured it out myself. Seemed a little ridiculous that the desk person didn't know how to do it, or wouldn't try to find out. During my visit, at least 2 people fell down the steps, so I think perhaps painting them a different color may help...they blend right in with the cement below. The complimentary meals were standard...no better or worse than the competition. The suite would be awesome if you were attending a concert at DTE and needed a place to crash and/or party afterwards! There were lots of young people staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, however we do apologize for some of the issues that occurred during your stay. Your review has been forwarded over to maintenance and the front desk manager so they begin to work on some of the things you addressed in your post. We can't wait to have you stay with us again when you find yourself back in the Troy area.