Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI
$119
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
$105
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$64
$289
  • Pool
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$76
QualityInn
$74
$179
$129
$90
$139
  • Pool
All reviewsfull kitchenfront deskthe penthousemon wedextended staybreakfast and dinnerspecial thanksfree dinnernice staygreat customer servicehome away from homegreat roomking bedenjoyed my stayhotel roomdefinitely stay here againclean rooms
Reviewed August 10, 2013

stayed there for three weeks with 35 other Italian kids, I know that we talk loud and we may have disturbed anyone and for this we apologize.
I must say that the hotel had a great time both as a bedroom or as a service, the staff was very friendly and helpful.
the pool and the cozy lobby have helped to be magic this accommodation. I would recommend it and I will be back gladly

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
fbakoss, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Troy MI, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you and the Italian students had such a great time. We can't wait to have you and the pink limo back again.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've been at this hotel for 2 weeks. Had to change rooms for plumbing leak. I'm here with a group of 12 working professionals. So last night they allowed a group of young adults to play basketball until after midnight. They the group of 20 or so decided to have a party in the central courtyard. It went on until just before 3am. Two of my group changed rooms. Best guess is that 20+ rooms did not sleep until after 3am. This morning our call was 6am so my crew was a lot of fun and did terrific work today.... Many of us called the front desk asking for help starting at midngiht and were all told they would fix it. Nothing happened. Today after a 14 hour day with little sleep I dropped by the front desk where I was told that there was a group of young Italians staying at the hotel and yes they have had many complaints. I asked what can be done if this happens again.... "I'm sorry they are also guests of the hotel" What the hell kind of answer / service is this? Be warned if staying at this place and you like to sleep prior to 3am.

Room Tip: Any room at a different hotel or if you staying here get one way in the back.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We do apologize for the issues you may have encountered during your stay. Hotel policy is that all outside activities are wrapped up by 10 pm. Your review has been forwarded to the Front Desk Manager and the Front desk agents are being reminded of this policy. We hope the next time you stay with us your experience is much different.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

I was in the "Penthouse Suite"...the king size beds were clean and comfy, the kitchen was clean, and there were no fruit flies (everyone else was complaining of them)! The carpet was dated and the fireplace, although lovely, was not functional. I believe Wyndham recently took over this property and they need to update it. The paint is peeling on the exterior and some of the steps need to be replaced. There are no elevators and the entrances are all exterior...I can see that snow and ice would be a problem in the winter. The "messages" light was flashing on my phone and when I called the desk to find out how to retrieve them (the card was missing from the telephone) I was told that someone would call me in the morning to tell me how to do it. Subsequently, I found a card on one of the other phones in the suite and figured it out myself. Seemed a little ridiculous that the desk person didn't know how to do it, or wouldn't try to find out. During my visit, at least 2 people fell down the steps, so I think perhaps painting them a different color may help...they blend right in with the cement below. The complimentary meals were standard...no better or worse than the competition. The suite would be awesome if you were attending a concert at DTE and needed a place to crash and/or party afterwards! There were lots of young people staying there.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel on TripAdvisor. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us, however we do apologize for some of the issues that occurred during your stay. Your review has been forwarded over to maintenance and the front desk manager so they begin to work on some of the things you addressed in your post. We can't wait to have you stay with us again when you find yourself back in the Troy area.

Reviewed July 23, 2013