“Weekend Get Away”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Troy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I selected this hotel because of some great reviews from a co-worker, for a get away for my boyfriend and I. We have extremely busy work schedules as well as 3 kids. I suprised him with a weekend away and chose to have the "Romance Package" both nights. I was upset when the first night it took a reminder call and an hour and half before the wine arrived. Fast Fwd...the second night, we NEVER GOT it, would never of got our included meal either if the kitchen didnt ruin my steak and the manager comped it. I didnt have that as my intentions with the steak but he said he was embarrased at the issue that caused the problem ( i still dont know what that was). Overall though it was a NICE place and we ill go again and hope this was a fluke.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2013

Dear Amanda G,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. Thank you also for choosing to spend your special weekend with your boyfriend at our hotel, as your hotel choice was based on a great referral from a co-worker. With that said, I am very sorry that our Team did not deliver our normal higher service to you and that we failed to deliver the expected amenities and accommodations that accompany that package. I have already reviewed your feedback in this review with our Food and Beverage Managers and they will implement procedures to prevent these potential inconveniences for future guests.

Thank you for being gracious with this entire matter and first experience with us; and I am very thankful that you will allow us another opportunity to service a future stay again, thanks to the other accommodations of our property was satisfying.

Eric Welch

There are newer reviews for Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Staff was great, beds were very comfortable. Love the king size pillows a real bonus. Great food and a Starbucks in the lobby. Very nice pool and jacuzzi and a great exercise room. What else can you has for?

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Dear Mary C,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! Your detailed descriptions of our guest accommodations, suite furnishings, and "great food"; all are appreciated, thank you. I especially enjoyed reading your compliments of our new Standard King Size Pillows and how they are a "real bonus" now, and your last comment really drives the point of our Teams' service goal - "What else can you ask for?" Perfect!

Thanks again for the Excellent review, valued business and loyalty to our hotel. We hope to your first choice for lodging when traveling to our area again for business or leisure.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Hotel is so warm and cozy! Staff are helpful and friendly. suites are big and clean,bed linens are ultimately clean. As soon as you enter you will felt the cleanliness all around, my kids had a great night sleep!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Dear A TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I appreciated reading all of your compliments and wonderful descriptions of our guest accommodations, like "suites are big and clean, bed linens are ultimately clean.", thank you; and your opening statement was a perfect tagline for our hopes that every guest experience when first arriving to our hotel being "Hotel is so warm and cozy! Staff is helpful and friendly."

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs in the futures.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

Our company has a very good corporate rate for the Troy Embassey Suites hotel. For what we pay the value is very good. This hotel has nice rooms, comfortable beds, good services and an excellent breakfast in the morning. The hotel is relatively well maintained - the rooms are more or less up to date (I've had some variation staying there, but the lower end was still good). The only "negative" I can say is that the hotel can be a little loud when it is full - in the front sitting area of your room you can get a lot of noise from the lounge area down below. This is not a problem for sleeping since the bedroom has a door for additional isolation. If you can get a good price on a room I'd recommend this location.

Dear Ken R,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. From your description of how your company has a negotiated rate with our hotel it appears that you are a business traveler that stayed with us and also for the first time. Our hotel accommodations from suite size and furnishings, to complimentary breakfast made to order, and daily Evening Receptions, all help our hotel and Embassy Suites Brand appeal to both business travelers and families very well; as both travelers seek the 'best value' for their money and our hotels are truly the Leader of value-driven guest accommodations and services. Thank you for complimenting many of those guest value drivers, speaking of the "nice rooms, comfortable beds, good services and an excellent breakfast in the morning."

Thanks again for the wonderful review and valued business, and we hope that we will be your first choice for lodging needs when traveling in our area again for business or leisure.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

This was one of the nicest hotels that we had the pleasure to visit. The room was spacious with a mini-kitchen that helped with meal expenses. The breakfast was fantastic with made-to-order omelets and a wide variety of other options. The gentleman working that station did a really great job! The lay-out of the hotel was beautiful with the balconies over-looking the atrium and the vast lobby. Staff and house-keeping were friendly and efficient. We look forward to staying here again when the need arises.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear family201113,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! Your compliments of our suite accommodations and atrium lobby are appreciated, thank you; and I especially enjoyed reading your descriptions of our breakfast being "fantastic with made-to-order omelets" and especially of our Breakfast Cook how he "did a really great job!" I will definitely share this with our Breakfast Team as they will appreciate hearing your positive feedback also.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when traveling to our area in the future.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I visited and stayed at the Embassy Suite the weekend of November 8-10th. I had an encounter with one particular staff who deserved a mention, I had a few minor issues and went down to the front desk, I was greeted by Jonathon who was amazing. He does Embassy proud with his professional communication skills not to mention being very kind. Thanks again for being so helpful Jonathon, you made my stay very comfortable and i will definitely return. Embassy is lucky to have you working for them!

Room Tip: All room are exceptionally spacious
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Dear kimberlykan,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I am very appreciative of you taking the time and energy to write this review and for recognizing Jonathon with such heartfelt gratitude, thank you. I will share your review with him personally and thank him for impacting a guest to write such kind words as "who was amazing. He does Embassy proud with his professional communication skills not to mention being very kind. Thanks again for being so helpful Jonathon, you made my stay very comfortable and i will definitely return. Embassy is lucky to have you working for them!" I understand that you have experienced numerous hotel stays and various levels of service as you are a Senior Contributor, so I sincerely appreciate your positive feedback, and especially that our Team Member's service efforts helped to turn a not-so-impressive experience into an Excellent one.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business. We look forward to servicing your future stays with us when traveling to our area.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I spent two nights at this hotel while on a business trip. Everything was great! Pinky checked me in and out. She had such a sweet and caring personality. She always had a smile on her face. She and another lady at the front desk gave us dinner suggestions, and Pinky made sure to follow up with me after to see if we enjoyed my meal. The restaurant was about 30 minutes from closing when we arrived. but they agreed to stay as long as needed to serve us lunch. They probably noticed a couple of us gnawing on our arms! We were starving! We used the hotel shuttle both nights of our stay. The first night they dropped us off at a nearby shopping mall, and picked us back up around 9pm. The second night they drove us to a restaurant, and picked us up. It was nice having that service so that we could all enjoy cocktails and wine without worrying about driving. Of course, the free breakfast was wonderful. They have a great selection of breakfast foods, coffee, and tea. We took advantage of the complimentary happy hour on our second night. The bartender, Liz, was awesome and made me some great cosmos! Of course they use cheap liquor, but it's free, so enjoy! The room was very clean and had all of the amenities that I needed. I left a note and a tip for housekeeping after my first night, and Sara wrote me a sweet note back wishing me an excellent stay. Overall, this was an excellent hotel experience. Service was great, the hotel was quiet, beds were comfy, and the location is close to shopping and restaurants!

Dear momartin8,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I really appreciated all of your compliments and recognition of our Team Members, as they are the driving force of our guest service excellence, and your review truly speaks to their efforts and results, thank you. I review TripAdvisor Reviews with our management team and we were very happy to read of your positive feedback of all of the hotel accommodations and especially your compliments of Pinky, Elizabeth and Sarah; and we have already shared your review with them and awarded them with one of our internal Team Member Recognition awards.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business and we hope that we will be your first choice for your future lodging needs when traveling to our area.