“Enjoyable business trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Troy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Embassy Suites in Troy, Michigan had very nice accomodations. This hotel was a great place to rest in preparation for the day of work ahead. Friendly staff. Located conveniently of I75 and easy to get to my conference center. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling for personal relaxation or business.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Shannon M,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! While it sounds like your first visit with us was a shorter business trip purpose, I am thankful that you still had time to experience some of our services and amenities, and that most importantly is that you had positive experiences during your stay with us. Thank you in advance for considering us a favorable choice for your future business or leisure travels to our area and that you would recommend us to your colleagues, I appreciate this very much.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and your valued business, and we look forward to servicing your future lodging needs in the future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

I enjoyed my stay and will continue to use this hotel. I will recommend this to all of my family and friends as well. Happy hour was a plus and the refreshments were always fresh and clean. The breakfast was to die for. The chef was very nice and helped in suggesting what would be best for my taste. All of the employees were nice and helpful as well. The location was great and close enough to my event so that I wouldn't have to drive far. The price of the hotel was also great as well. I needed to check out a little later than 12pm and the clerk at the desk was more than willing to extend my checkout time until 1pm. I realize they didn't have to do that, but I greatly appreciated that gesture.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sharee H,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! Your feedback and descriptions of all of your experiences from our daily complimentary Evening Reception to the "breakfast to die for", sounds like you really enjoyed your stay with us which is the best last impression we hope that all our guests leave with; that you want to recommend our services to "all your family and friends as well", perfect. Thank you very much also for complementing our omelet chef that morning was "very nice and helped in suggesting what would be best for my taste" and I will share this positive feedback with him which he will surly appreciate also.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and for choosing to stay with us for your first time, and I hope we will be your first choice again in your future travels to our area.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

We enjoy coming back to this hotel. Reasonable price for the quality of the room. Quiet halls and room, even on weekends. Friendly staff and great variety at breakfast. Have recommended to friends already. Keeps us coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Emily J,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I appreciated all of your compliments of our property and especially of those referring to our Team Members being friendly and how our breakfast has great variety, thank you.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and for your valued business, and for recommending us to your friends also.

Reviewed August 10, 2013

Third time at this hotel during business trip, no problems... Room very clean, staff (especially breakfast area) are really great and helpful. Close to the office is an additional bonus. Overall, positive experience when away from home.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

Dear Eroth,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your third stay with us! I will share your review with our Team as they will appreciate, as I do also, hearing of another far-from-home traveler experiencing a positive experience and being the third time staying with us, it speaks to our Teams' consistent guests service efforts. Thank you also for recognizing our breakfast servers for being "really great and helpful". I will definitely share these compliments with them and they will appreciate hearing this positive feedback.

Thanks again for the great review and valued business, and we look forward to your return visits to our hotel during your future trips to our area.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was very impressed with the facilities, service, and amenities - all for a very reasonable price. I would recommend this hotel to those staying in the Troy area. It certaintly seemed popular with families and others as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Emrys D,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. Your positive feedback of what seems to may be your first stay with our property is appreciated, thank you. It also appears that you may be from Canada and if so, I thank you for choosing to give us a try for your visit to our area; we meet a lot of Canadian travelers, both for business and leisure, and we appreciate all of their business.

Thanks again for the great review and valued business, and I hope that we will be your first choice for lodging services for your future visits to our area.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

The Embassy Suites in Troy is a step above many of the other Embassy Suites hotels. It looks to have undergone a pretty recent renovation and features contemporary decor, a nice pool area, and attentive service. Rooms are the standard Embassy Suites two-room suites, and the hotel seemed to be offering free wifi when I was there. The atrium is carpeted, and the evening reception is served in the combined bar/restaurant. There is a three drink per night limit, but drinks are served in actual glass glasses and often brought to your table by the helpful staff. The breakfast was also very well done - the omelets were made with care, unlike some assembly line Embassy Suites breakfasts, and the other items were kept fresh and warm.

The hotel is located in an office park complex, near a large shopping center and plenty of restaurants. Parking is free.

All in all, one of the nicer Embassy Suites hotels that I have stayed in.

1  Thank blanker001

Dear blanker001,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I really appreciated all of your detailed descriptions of key guest service and high satisfaction touch points for our guests that our Team strives to excel at providing to our guests. Thank you especially for complementing our Team Members as being "attentive" and "helpful", as these is the positive impressions that we hope all our guests have when leaving our property.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business, and I hope we will be your first choice when returning to our local area for your future travels here.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

Need to pay more attention to detail. The generic welcome letter left on the desk was for some other family and the complimentary items for being an Honors Member were not present. The room smelled like a locker room and we had to run down housekeeping to spray freshener to make it tolerable. We stay in this facility several times per year when visiting the Detroit area and it previously has always been a great experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Timothy S,

Thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I want to thank you for being gracious when completing the review considering the abnormal experiences that you had on your return stay at our property. I apologize for these inconveniences that you experienced and I will work with our Team to practice more consistency with all areas of service details for our guests.

Thanks again for the review and especially for your valued business and loyalty to our hotel. I hope you will choose to stay with us in your future travels to our area.