“Great Time in the Motor City”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Troy
GreenLeadersBronze level
Riverside, United States
“Great Time in the Motor City”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Service was great, everyone on staff was excellent. Sue in housekeeper was just an outstanding person, and it showed in her kindness to all of my family members that stayed on the 8th floor. We had a Family Reunion, our 40th annual reunion at the Troy Embassy Suites.(Harris,Hightower,Stevens) July 4, thru July 7. Thank You Embassy Suites for a reunion I will always remember.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear James C,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! On behalf of our entire Team at our property, I thank you and your family for their valued business and we all enjoyed hosting your 40th Family Reunion at our hotel. Thank you especially for recognizing Sue, one of our housekeepers. I already showed her your compliments of her service and it truly made her day seeing that her efforts made a difference in your experience with us.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and your valued business, and while I know your family reunion is held at different cities in future years, I hope that our hotel will be your top choice in the future when Michigan is a consideration again.

Eric Welch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Chicago Heights, United States
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I would list your hotel chain in the top 10. The room was very spacious, The bed was comfortable, and the room seem to be sound proof, because I didn't here any outside noises. The breakfast was superb a full scale meal, with a hugh variety of food to choose from. The refrigator, and macrowave in the room was a bonus and needed.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Veria E,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I enjoyed reading your descriptions of our guest amenities and accommodations inside the suite and complimentary services, especially your compliment of our breakfast being "breakfast was superb a full scale meal, with a huge variety of food to choose from", thank you very much.

Thanks again for the great review and your valued business, and I hope we will be your first choice for lodging needs in your future travels to our area.

Dallas, United States
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Every staff member I bumped into was friendly, professional but not intrusive. I liked the breakfast buffet each morning and the option to attend the manager happy hour in the evenings. Room service was fast and so was internet connection. I loved having a living room, microwave, fridge and movies in my room.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Julie M,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! Your feedback from the complimentary breakfast buffet to the suite accommodations was all positive and generous. I really appreciated your compliments of our staff being “friendly, professional but not intrusive", thank you.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and our Team look forward to having you stay with us again for your future business trips back to the local area.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed July 14, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel. It's your standard issue Embassy Suites. The rooms are all suites with the bedrooms in the back of the unit so you don't hear the ambient noise from the courtyard in the middle. The complimentary breakfast is good but can get crowded. There was a very large family reunion going on when we stayed there, but they didn't overrun the hotel. It is clean and everyone is friendly. It's kind of a maze getting to it. Parking is easy and free. A great option for this area.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Carol A,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I was happy to read that you had stayed with us before and am thankful that you chose to stay with us for this recent trip also. I appreciated reading your observation of how the breakfast was good but was crowded due to larger family reunions in house; thank you for being gracious still with your feedback, understanding and patient throughout that busy weekend.

Thanks again for the positive review and I hope that you will with us again for your next trip back to our area.

Lake Forest, United States
Reviewed July 7, 2013

This hotel offers a great value and staff is very eager to help you in any way they can. Rooms are well maintained and location is ideal for Troy business environment. I have stayed in this hotel several times and very much enjoy the consistency.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Joe P,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I will share your compliments of your consistent experiences with us, from well-maintained rooms to how our "staff is very eager to help you in any way they can.", which is the most important experience that we can provide our guests.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and for your valued business and loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to continuing to service your return stays with us.

Lubbock Texas, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2013

The staff was willing to assist with several odd requests in a friendly, positive manner. Even at late hours, the staff was willing to help me out. It is a pleasure to be able to stay at a hotel where the staff is willing to assist its customers with items that need to be done. The facilities accommodated my situation and enabled me to be productive while the same time obtained the rest I needed.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Robert B,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! Your compliments of our Team Members being "willing to assist with several odd requests" and "even at late hours the staff was willing to help" are truly appreciated. However, the greatest takeaway and what I am truly thankful for is how our Team helped fulfill your needs but in a "friendly, positive manner", that is the difference from normal to Excellent Service.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and for your valued business, and we hope to service your future lodging needs again real soon.

Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

My family of four definitely did not enjoy our stay. We are Hilton Honors members and trust in the Hilton chain.

We arrived at the hotel a couple hours before check in. We were completely exhausted and grateful there was a room available for an early check in.

The room had a musty smell. We were so exhausted I decided to let it go, unpack and grab a nap before we headed back out. We were going to be in the area and really were only looking for somewhere to grab some sleep between events so we weren't going to be in the room much. At least not awake.

As I unpacked, I dusted off and cleaned hair out of the dresser drawers. This disgusted me but everyone was exhausted and settling in so I let it go.

When we returned to our room at the end of the night I realized the smell was definitely still there. We all gathered to watch tv before bed, only to have the tv go off. We we went to sleep but set our alarms so we could be sure to grab the complimentary breakfast. Uhh it was not worth it. The made to order omelet was "okay" but the french toast, pancakes and hash browns were cold and not good!

When we returned to the room I discovered how dusty the main air vent was! There was a thick layer of dust covering it and air conditioning was blowing out of this vent all night long. I was disgusted. I found dust and hair in several other parts of the room! The bed skirt was stained. We did use the pool and noticed the air vents were filthy there as well.

While checking out, I showed pictures of the dusty vent and other disgusting stuff to the front desk clerk. She apologized, gave us a discount and promised to show the pics I took to housekeeping so they would be addressed. I have to wonder if we were given a crappy room because we arrived early or if this is the standard.

I couldn't wait to get home.

• Stayed June 2013
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, July 7, 2013
Dear Lelanne,

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.