Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
1,011 results
All reviewsthe manager's receptionthe managersmade to order breakfasthappy houromelet stationliving roomauburn hillsfree drinkshockey tournamentfamily reuniongreat place to stayrooms are largebreakfast buffetbeds were very comfortablehot tubthe breakfast areabusiness travel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We were attending a family gathering, and our stay at this hotel was a gift from a relative – what a gift it was! I don’t even know where to start praising this place, so I’ll start with the beginning. Check-in was super-friendly, we were issued passes for free drinks at the Manager’s Reception; then we were greeted by a personalized welcome letter in the spacious, meticulously clean rooms, featuring a sitting room, wet-bar area, bedroom with crisp, fresh linens and a very modern bathroom with fluffy towels and high-end, organic toiletries. The wet-bar area consisted of a fridge, a little kitchen cabinet, a coffeemaker with good coffee and a separate sink. Now there is something cool about not having to disturb your “significant other” in the bathroom just to get water for the coffee… Breakfast was fabulous, with awesome coffee and a great selection of food. Unfortunately we did not have enough time to use any of the facilities, like the pool or fitness center. My recommendation if you’re looking for something other than just a place to crash: spend the extra money, as it is well worth it!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Renate1111,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I really appreciated your detailed descriptions of so many pleasing items and features that you enjoyed inside your suite, thank you. While all those amenities and guest accommodations that you described perfectly are appreciated, your description of how the first impression of your arrival with the "check-in was super friendly", that is exactly the way we want to greet and welcome our guests at check-in, thank you for mentioning this.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and for your valued business. We hope to see you back soon for another wonderful stay with our Team.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Room was clean, bed was comfortable, and this hotel was very convenient to the places we were visiting on this trip. Breakfast was included, and had way more selections than I had expected! Even many hot dishes and made to order omelettes were included. We were also pleasantly surprised when they told us that we got 3 drinks per person, per night, at the bar during their happy hour! Front desk staff was pleasant and accommodating. Only criticism is that I had called ahead of time to ask if they had magnifying make-up mirrors in the bathrooms, and was told they did not, but that they did have them in housekeeping, and all I had to do was ask for one when we checked in and they would bring it right up. When we checked in, I was told they did NOT have them and never have had them. So I had to go out driving and search to buy one. Other than that, all was great.
Would absolutely stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank sherryshoes

Dear sherryshoes,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am glad to read how our guest accommodations were satisfying and surprisingly more than what you expected it seems. Thank you mentioning how our breakfast had good variety and that the omelets made to order was another offering that was more than expected.

Thanks again for the great review, and for your valued business and we hope to service your future lodging needs.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for over 10 years and the staff is very welcoming. he rooms are always clean, and they have high quality soaps and shampoos. It's a great place to stay when travelling for work or for pleasure.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2013

Dear Christopher G,

Thank you the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! Thank you especially for the "10 Years" of valued business and loyalty, very impressive and appreciated. Feedback from guests that have stayed with us so many times and over a span of those many years, I feel are the most important in many ways, especially as it speaks to our Team Members consistency in service provided to our guests over a long period of time.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and especially for your loyalty and valued business for so many years. We hope to see you back soon and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Although I was traveling on Business, my stay at the Embassy Suites in Troy made me feel at home. The Suite was very spacious. The bed was very comfortable. Great TV's and excellent lobby and commons areas. The breakfast was more than expected and the staff was more than accommodating!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Eva V,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I really appreciated your compliments of our suites being "very spacious" and that your breakfast experience was "more than expected"; but of all your feedback I truly appreciated your compliment of our Team Members being "more than accommodating" and that you felt like you were "at home" throughout your stay with us, thank you. You mentioned that you were visiting our area for business purposes and it appears that you may have traveled all the way from Europe also, so then I am very happy that our Team and hotel accommodations helped you feel at home during this important trip into our area.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and for your valued business, and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again the next time you may be visiting our local area.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were staying at this hotel because of the lacrosse tournament
. When we arrived this place looked like an average hotel from the outside. But when I walked in it was more than I expected. First of all the lobby is stunning and I enjoyed the infused water. As we were checking in the desk attendant could not find our HH honors account so we had to pay full price for the room. We eventually got checked in and rode up to our room in the sweet elevators. Are room was nice and we had a living room with a bedroom in back. I had quite an interesting time in the living room which I will explain later in the review. We went down to the pool and enjoyed time in it. The fitness center looked nice. We ordered drinks from the bar and they were delicious. We went up to our room to go to bed. Around 12:00am we heard people screaming and banging on our rooms glass (VERY disturbing). The breakfast the next day was delicious.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a living room and if you love your sleep do not stay in the living room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Dear Acgolfer27767,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel's accommodations and amenities, and I especially enjoyed your descriptions of our lobby being "stunning", as this is a great first impression for our guests when they enter the hotel. It sounds like you were staying with us during one of our very busy weekends in May where we hosted several Lacrosse Teams; we appreciated hosting so many teams and thank you for attending the events.

Thanks again for the great review and we hope that you and your teams choose to stay with us again next year.