“Cranbrook Lacrosse Jam”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Ocean City, Maryland
“Cranbrook Lacrosse Jam”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

We were staying at this hotel because of the lacrosse tournament
. When we arrived this place looked like an average hotel from the outside. But when I walked in it was more than I expected. First of all the lobby is stunning and I enjoyed the infused water. As we were checking in the desk attendant could not find our HH honors account so we had to pay full price for the room. We eventually got checked in and rode up to our room in the sweet elevators. Are room was nice and we had a living room with a bedroom in back. I had quite an interesting time in the living room which I will explain later in the review. We went down to the pool and enjoyed time in it. The fitness center looked nice. We ordered drinks from the bar and they were delicious. We went up to our room to go to bed. Around 12:00am we heard people screaming and banging on our rooms glass (VERY disturbing). The breakfast the next day was delicious.

Room Tip: Do not get a room with a living room and if you love your sleep do not stay in the living room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Acgolfer27767,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to read that you enjoyed our hotel's accommodations and amenities, and I especially enjoyed your descriptions of our lobby being "stunning", as this is a great first impression for our guests when they enter the hotel. It sounds like you were staying with us during one of our very busy weekends in May where we hosted several Lacrosse Teams; we appreciated hosting so many teams and thank you for attending the events.

Thanks again for the great review and we hope that you and your teams choose to stay with us again next year.

Eric Welch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
  • Turkish first
Shanghai, China
Reviewed May 28, 2013

I travel to Troy regularly on work and have always enjoyed staying at the Embassy Suites. For $100 per night, the value is unbelievable - hot breakfast; 2 hours of happy hours in the evening & great service staff. The suites are big & spacious and the beds are super comfy. The location is perfect as my office in 2 miles away and it is one a mile drive to grocery shops (Kroeger/ CVS) and restaurants on Crooks Road. In addition, the hotel has a fully functional gym and heated swimming pool. Cant ask for more.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear RakeshShanghai,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I am so happy to hear that your frequent stays with us for business has went so well, thank you. As you know, there are so many choices for lodging in our area for all the business and leisure travelers, so I really appreciated reading your description of our hotel being "the best value; wonderful service and convenient location"; I could not have written that tag line any better myself!

Thanks again for a truly Excellent review and for your valued business and continued loyalty to our hotel, and we look forward to servicing your next business trip's lodging needs soon.

Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Stayed here for family baseball trip and for the most part, it was great. The bartender was rude for the several days we stayed and there was a passed out drunk man during the "manager's reception" and the hotel was extremely slow to respond.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Sanford, Michigan
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This hotel was so gorgeous! My boyfriend and I only stayed for 2 nights, which I wish we could've stayed longer. :/ The staff was so friendly and one of the front desk employees remembered my boyfriend when he took him for a tour around the hotel before he booked it. The happy hour specials are pretty awesome (if you're not the type of person that needs a $100 bottle of wine), the dining/bar area is beautiful, the pool/hot tub is nice. And our room was PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for a more perfect anniversary weekend! Thank you Embassy Suites! I will definitely be staying with you guys again! :]

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Chelsea D,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I am so happy that your Anniversary was a memorable, satisfying, and special experience with us. Anniversaries are special events and I am thankful to our Team for servicing your special time with us so well. I will share your positive feedback and memorable story with our Team as they will truly enjoy and appreciate how our Teams' efforts to engage with our guests really made a huge impact.

Thanks again for the Excellent review and valued business and I hope that we may service your future special events and lodging needs again.

brooklyn park, United States
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Nice clean hotel. However managers reception lines are too long and not much to choose from for snacks. Do not stay in room 426 due to being next to a laundry room and too noisy. Overall good place to stay. would stay again

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jerome R,

Thank you for the great review of your recent stay with us. I appreciated all of your details and honest feedback of your experiences with us. I am sorry for the longer lines that you had to endure that weekend as we were sold out and I recall that it was a truly busy weekend all around. Our leadership Team is prioritizing this as a definite opportunity for improvement for our guests’ experiences, as it can be challenging to efficiently service beverages and snacks to 400+ people within a 2 hour period.

Thanks again for the overall great review and valued business, and we hope that you will visit us again soon.

Chicago
Reviewed May 21, 2013

If you're in Troy, this is an excellent place to stay. HHoners get free internet acess. Location is close to I-75 which connects you to the whole Detroit area interstate system. Several great resturants within 10 minutes, and the food service at the hotel itself is good. Free breakfast that is the standard buffet kind of venue, but good quality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Dear funtravelersChicago,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! I appreciated your mentioning our convenient location being off of I-75 Expressway and that our location was convenient to reaching Downtown Detroit and several local eateries, thank you very much. The best compliment though was your description of how our "food service itself was good". Hotel restaurants tend to not receive high reviews so I appreciate that you mentioned this and that our F&B Team serviced your dining experiences well; which I will share with them and they will enjoy hearing positive feedback also.

Thank you again for the excellent review and valued business, and we hope that you choose to stay with us again next time you are visiting our area.

Holland, Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have stayed at Embassy Suites in a number of cities and they have always been clean with friendly customer service. I'd recommend this hotel for his quality service, location and bang for your buck.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear cmbudd,

Thank you for the Excellent review of your recent stay with us! From your details it appears that you enjoy staying at our Embassy Suites hotels wherever you travel, thank you for your valued loyalty to all of our company hotels. I am happy to read that our hotel and Team also fulfilled your expectations for an Embassy Suites.

Thank you again for the Excellent review and for your valued business, and we hope that you will visit us again soon.