Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills
GreenLeadersBronze level
Toronto, Canada
“Great value”
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Really nice lobby and room. Was able to check in early and they even upgraded me to a larger room. Really clean, comfortable, nice decor. Overall, a nice and comfortable stay. Free breakfast and wireless internet was nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Dear 1Doctor,

Thank you for the wonderful review of your recent stay at our hotel. Your compliments of our suite furnishings, accommodations, and cleanliness were much appreciated, thank you. Of all the guest impact items that you noted, I was thankful that your overall experience seemed to be of "Great Value", which is one of our top focus goals for our team; to have all guests leave with this positive impression and experience. Thanks again for the wonderful review and for your valued business and loyalty to our hotel.

Eric Welch

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed September 19, 2012

My work takes me to the Troy/Auburn Hills area at least one week a month, and this is the place to stay.

The good: Rooms are alway clean, staff is friendly, "manager's reception" is free (and the bartenders don't cut off the taps at precisely 7:30). Restaurant and bar staff experienced and professional. Never a problem with the Wi-Fi (that's becoming a deal breaker for most business travelers).

The not-so-good: I've had several different rooms, but in all cases the air conditioning was noisy and didn't cool the room. On one stay it kept shutting down; the room never got below 73 degrees. When I've had rooms away from the elevators the noise from the bar/atrium can be a little bothersome. Rooms on the elevator side (number 1-10 and 23-33, I think) are much quieter. Not much for appetizers during the free reception, but it's free. Food at the restaurant is of average quality - go to one of the local non-chain places for good food.

Room Tip: Noise from the atrium and bar is more noticable in the rooms opposite the elevators.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
Dear BlueLighterPK,

Thank you for your excellent review of your recent stay and for complementing our property in being the one to stay at in Troy. I apologize that our suite air conditioning unit performed unsatisfactory, as I hope that all our guests are comfortable inside their suites, as they often spend much of their time in there working or relaxing so the suite environment has to be enjoyable. I am happy to read that you are able to indulge in our daily manager’s reception with some complimentary cocktails and light snacks, and thank you for recognizing our Team Members’ expertise and service, as well as your satisfaction with our WIFI services. Thanks again for your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.

Aurora, OH
Reviewed September 6, 2012

we've stayed in this hotel many times before and have always come back! excellent service, breakfast at times can be challenging specially if there was a wedding or soccer tournement in the area but you work around it and make extra time for breakfast. my kids love the pool, the elevators. the open atrium space with the bar and they serve Starbucks too! are EXCELLENT

Room Tip: we have always gotten a suite with 2 beds. with 3 boys, 2 are on the pull out couch and one with my...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
ESTroy, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Detroit - Troy/Auburn Hills, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear mzdi3,

Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay with our hotel, and for your continued loyalty to our hotel when traveling! Our Team truly enjoy servicing and welcoming back repeat guests, and I appreciate your gracious compliments of their consistency in service, guest accommodations and amenities. Thanks again for your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Hotel was clean. Fitness facility was good. The swimming pool is kind of small but adequate for a quick swim. Breakfast was a bit disappointed. There are a lot of variety but the food quality was below average on regular dishes. The omelet station had a long line up on Friday morning even there wasn't too many people. It was even worst on Saturday. Good thing is that, it worth the wait compares to other food offered.
Location is good. It is close by to Somerset Collection, only 20min away from Great Lake Crossing Outlet and The Henry Ford Museum on highway.

Overall, I will return to the same hotel until I found some place as nice and provide better food.

Room Tip: My booking has a complimentary drink but I have missed it serves only between 5:30 to 7pm.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Richardctchan,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with our hotel. Thank you for recognizing and complimenting some of your experiences during your stay with us. I apologize for the longer lines and wait times that you had to endure during your breakfast experiences those mornings. Our Team actually recently brainstormed on ideas and procedures that could help reduce wait times for our guests during peak breakfast times, and we implemented a few changes to current buffet stations, added a separate breakfast pastry station, and an additional coffee sub-station. We are hoping that these efforts will help reduce our guests wait times and further enhance their breakfast experience satisfaction. Also, I wanted to thank you for taking those excellent pictures of our Atrium setting and guest corridors at night time, nice quality and interesting perspectives. Thanks again for your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.

London, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I highly recommend this hotel it was awesome all around!!! All staff were so accomodating and very friendly!!! Complimentary breakfest was so GOOD so much to choose from. I will definately return back with my family just got in and I had to make sure I wrote a review. We travel alot and when its EXCELLENT it should be known!!! Thanks to all the Staff for making this trip so memorable can't wait to return to your hotel. So much restaurants and shopping in this area like I said HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU WON'T BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!!!

ZABIAN'S
London On

Dear Iman Z,

Thank you for the excellent review of your recent stay with our hotel! I appreciated your compliments of so many of our guest accommodations, especially that your experience with our breakfast was “so GOOD”, thank you. Above all though, your compliments of our Team Members being accommodating and friendly is exactly the impression we want to leave on all guests. I will definitely share your review with our Team as they appreciate reading guests’ positive feedback of their efforts. Thanks again for your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.

San Diego, CA
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Who are these people kidding!! I get free wifi at Motel 6!! Are they in the 20th Century or something?? Otherwise a very nice, spacious room, great breakfast, nice location. But; I don't stay where there is no free wifi.

3 Thank BajaBobSanDiego_CA
Dear BajaBobSanDiego_CA,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with our hotel. Thank you for recognizing and complimenting some our guest services and accommodations. I do apologize for the WIFI charges, as it is still a Hilton Worldwide Brand Standard for our Full Service hotels, and to some extent I agree with you that charging for the service is becoming less frequent at hotels nowadays. While this does not help in this past situation, all of our Hilton Honors Members (HHonors frequent guest loyalty program) receive complimentary WIFI as a standard at our location and receive that service complimentary at all other Embassy Suites hotels after reaching Gold HHonors Membership level. Thanks again for your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.

St. Louis
Reviewed August 24, 2012

My elementary school aged children loved this hotel and were in atrium heaven. I do not like chain restaurants and must say that chains were the absolute only thing available in this location. It wasn't near anything I wanted to do, but we were just driving through. It was a perfectly nice and very clean hotel, just nothing special. The breakfast, however, was one of the best we had on our 8 day road trop. Omelette bar, lots of choices for a hot breakfast.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JenCoy
Dear JenCoy,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with our hotel. I was happy to read of how your children enjoyed our Atrium setting and that it seemed you generally liked our hotel’s accommodations and cleanliness throughout. While we are located near several restaurant chains which sometimes do not appeal to every visitor to the area, I am glad that our breakfast services seemed to help make up for that shortfall; and thank you for expressing how your breakfast experience was one of the best during your road trip, appreciate it. Thanks again for your valued business and we look forward to servicing your lodging needs again soon.