$95
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$177
$179
Homewood
$105
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $119/night.

$78
CandlewoodSuites
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$68
$59
$149
  • Pool
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$71
All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby barsomerset mallnice hotelfull servicebed was very comfortablethe somerset collectionbig beaver roadhockey tournamentbusiness tripeasy accessfront desk stafffitness centerfree internetupon checkup to datecoffee maker
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I have stayed at this Marriott many times because I have family in Troy and it's always better to have a little space on a visit when it's as affordable and accommodating as this hotel. The only major drawback to this property is the very dated decor (carpet and wallpaper on guest floors are truly hideous), but if you can get past that, you will get everything else you need.

What stands out the most is the cleanliness of the place. The rooms upon check in are absolutely spotless. Never seen a stray hair, dealt with any mildew in the bathrooms, or stained linens. I stayed at the property in July and again over Labor Day in 2017. So impressed that I actually asked to meet the head of housekeeping to thank her personally, it's just so rare that rooms are this clean, her name was Miranda, she has eastern european accent, and she reminded me of demanding gymnastics coach who would make her charges do it over and over and over again until they got it right, exactly who I would want running housekeeping.

The rest of the staff helped me in many ways great and small. Noelle at the front desk extended my stay at lower weekend rate into a weekday when the online rate was higher, very appreciated!! They also let me check in four hours early on one of my trips, not an ask I would make frequently but wow thank you!!

Seems like many of the staff have been there forever, in what hotel do you find a restaurant hostess who has been at the property for over twenty years and a food supervisor over thirty?? Both very friendly!

A/C and heat work beautifully, have been there on stays where during the day I needed A/C and at night needed heat, and the airflow just gets to the right level very smoothly, no weird smells or delays, seems like very well kept up ventilation.

The room has an empty mini-fridge which I appreciate because I often shop for my own food to save a few dollars and hate having fridges with prestocked beverages taking up all the space.

Beds were comfortable, wifi is good, rooms were quiet, parking is free and usually there is an open space not too far from the entrance, all in all just about as good a stay as I could ask for.

Thanks to entire staff!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2017

Hello Danielle and first and foremost we'd like to thank you, sincerely, for not only being our guest, but for taking your time to post such a wonderful and thorough review about your visits with us this summer. We're thrilled to hear so many lovely compliments and please know that we have passed your entire review, especially your kind words about Noelle and Miranda to our general manage for sharing with the entire team. We can assure you, everyone will enjoy reading your post. Thank you once again not only for visiting and for sharing, but for being a very valued Marriott guest. We're happy to hear our dedication and attention to detail is paying off with our guests. Safe travels always and we look forward to your next visit here in Oakland County.

Reviewed September 5, 2017

Let me start by saying that there is absolutely noting wrong with this hotel. It is simply an "average" property with nothing to set it apart from any other hotel of its class.
The lobby bar was nice, but the food was, well....average. Rooms were clean and I felt safe, but there was often noise in the hallway that could easily be heard through the door.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled on business
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Hello Nina and thank you very much not only for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to Oakland County, but also for posting. On behalf of our entire team, we wanted to apologize for not offering more of a wow-factor during your recent visit. It's always our goal to assure a memorable and hassle free experience for all our guests and we apologize for falling short in your case. We thank you once again for visiting, and we do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 22, 2017

We picked this property for a few reasons - it had good reviews, and we were Marriott Rewards members, so it seemed like a no brainer.

What I did not realize is that we would get the special added bonus of traveling back to the 70s and 80s! No, seriously - part of the hotel look as if nothing was touched since the 80s.

The first hint is the starburst carpeting, which screams 70s, as you walk in from the parking garage. Then you get to the room and it's more of the same. There's the wallpaper in the bathroom, a pattern that I'm pretty sure is called "Grandma's Wallpaper." The shower/tub? Old. Old shower curtain.

Was not thrilled at all to come home after a very long day out to find that housekeeping had NOT been done in our room. They ask you at check in whether you want it done, and I was super specific that we wanted and needed housekeeping. It was also no fun to wait for 45 minutes for someone to bring towels, and after those two phone calls were ignored, I went to the front desk to request them and finally got them (third time was a charm, I guess).

I know they had a busy weekend (a big car event that draws international crowds is a few miles away) but even keeping that in mind, it wasn't a great experience. Two stars only because the bed itself was clean and comfortable and because parking was free and easy - otherwise, would not stay at again or recommend.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2017

Hello PJ and first and foremost, please accept our very sincere apologies for any disappointment during your visit. Actually all common areas as well as our guest rooms just completed an entire renovation within the past 5 years. The past phase of our renovation will be our guest bathrooms which will include replacement of the wall coverings you mentioned. We apologize that you did not enjoy any of our improvements as great deal was put into the planning of those projects. In regards to housekeeping, yes daily service is definitely included with all stays as a basic amenity. This is never a choice, however guests are able to waive their option should they not want service. Should a guest leave their Do Not Disturb sign on the door, obviously we team is not able to access the room. We apologize if this was the case and there was any misunderstanding. We're truly very sorry for any and all issues and our general manager would like the opportunity to speak with you and offer personal assistance. Should you have a moment, we hope that you will please email us at thetroymarriott@marriott.com with proper contact information. Once again, on behalf of our entire team, we do apologize. We thank you for posting and for giving us the opportunity to assist. We look forward to hearing from you further.

Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Rooms are plain, bathroom very plain, nice lobby bar. The Concierge Level had a nice variety of breakfast food. No valet or doorman to help with your bags. Nicer hotels are close by..wont return to this location.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2017

Hello again and please accept our sincere apologies for any disappointment while visiting. We wanted to let you know that we do offer 24 hour bellman service for assistance with bags, deliveries, etc. We apologize that you were not aware and we do hope to have the honor of hosting you again in the future. Thank you again for posting and for being a valued Marriott guest.

Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

Had a pleasant stay. Loved my room was. Ice and clean it was the executive suite. All furniture was new and in perfect shape the room was spotless had a great view of the city. Close to the mall and restaurants no better place to stay.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Ami W, Guest Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2017

Hello Sal and thank you very much for not only for making the choice to stay with us, but also for posting. We appreciate the glowing five stars and your many compliments. On behalf of our entire team, we thank you for being a Marriott guest and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.