All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby barsomerset mallnice hotelfull servicebed was very comfortablethe somerset collectionbig beaver roadhockey tournamentbusiness tripeasy accessfront desk stafffitness centerfree internetupon checkup to datecoffee maker
Reviewed February 20, 2013

I've stayed at a number of Marriotts and this did not meet the normal expectations. The lobby and entrance was very nice and with a comfortable bar area in the lobby. The downside to the hotel was the musky smell lingering in the room, uncomfortable bed & pillows, & poor shower attachment (minor personal preference). The air was on so not sure if it was a lack of circulation. The pillows did not keep their shape and had to readjust various times throughout the nights. They use a rain showerhead with no additional settings on a wall mount that did not make sense to me; a lot of water was shooting towards the curtains and wall. This was minor issue and more personal preference than a problem of the hotel itself.

The last annoyance was the high priced continental breakfast.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank diguan
Ami W, Public Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Diguan, we are very sorry to hear about your disappointment with our property. It is our priority to assure a positive experience for all of our guests and we are very sorry to have fallen short. We hope that you will in fact return and that we will better meet your expectations as a traveler.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great stay on business. Standard Marriott room but with benefit of having superb staff plus a great restaurant and bar. Staff was even better than 'usual' good or even great to be expected at Marriott properties. Jeffery was the MOD when we checked in. Would recommend the swordfish at the restaurant. Will stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank spjoneSi

SpjoneSi, thank you for taking the time to review our property. Jeffery is a wonderful manager on duty and an important part of our front desk team. We're thrilled you loved the swordfish and will return again! We hope to exceed expectations on your next visit. Thanks again for visiting.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Super comfortable beds, nicely decorated and updated. Vanity could have been bigger.
Wanted to use my iPad, called front desk,found out it was $12.95 for 24 hours so was going to for go Internet. My husband complained (where isn't there free wifi?!?!) and they agreed to waive charge.
Room was ok but not huge, will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bethiejo

Bethejo we thank you and your husband for staying and are happy to hear that you plan to return! We'll look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

1 night stay in room 912 for business.

The hotel accepted a $104 Priceline bid. It is a good value at that price.

A few hundred feet from I 75 and very close to Somerset Mall, it is in a good location.

The lobby is pleasant. Open with a nice lobby bar. Modern with clean lines.

The rooms/bedding were spotless. Perhaps the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. Room size was average. Beds were soft and very comfortable.

The rooms are just a little boring. None of the cool feel of a newer Westin or Hyatt.

The elevator is very loud. It didn't wake me but while awake it sounds like a clothes washer is starting up every 20 seconds. The walls are also thinner and you can easily hear people in adjoining rooms. The doors have little soundproofing and people walking through the hallway are heard no matter how quiet they try to pass through the hall.

A good business hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank flyfishingattorney

Flyfishingattorney, thank you for your kind words about our property. As for your note that our rooms are a bit "boring", we agree. We truly do agree. And thus... we offer some exciting news! That news is that our guest rooms will be undergoing an entire renovation in 2014! We hope that you will return then and experience the new design. Thanks again for visiting Oakland County.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel this past week, and received quite a nice discount associated with a conference I was attending. Prior to calling I researched options that might save me some money, but when I heard that the Room was $96 a night, I opted to book 2 nights at the hotel. Good thing I did, we had a snow storm and it would have been a major hassle bringing my product and displays in thrugh the snow. My company sent product from the home office, which the staff was very helpful in retrieving and storing for me. The rooms were very quiet. Outstanding beds! Great pillows! Great lounge area downstairs with full meal service. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor. The elevators are fast (there are 4), so access is convenient.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tallyho078

Tallyho078, thank you for staying and for writing your review. We love when guests comment on our beds and bedding as Marriott goes to great lengths to assure a truly delightful sleep experience at our properties. Thank you for the review and for the five stars. We hope to see you soon.