$105
$95
EmbassySuites.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 29% below average rates

The price you found is 29% lower than this hotel's average rate of $134/night.

$95
$170
Homewood
$163
$125
Quality Inn Detroit - Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$71
QualityInn
Red Roof Inn Detroit Troy(Troy)(Great Value!)
$68
$59
$159
  • Pool
All reviewsthe concierge loungelobby barsomerset mallnice hotelfull servicebed was very comfortablethe somerset collectionbig beaver roadhockey tournamentbusiness tripeasy accessfront desk stafffitness centerfree internetupon checkup to datecoffee maker
Reviewed February 12, 2013

Super comfortable beds, nicely decorated and updated. Vanity could have been bigger.
Wanted to use my iPad, called front desk,found out it was $12.95 for 24 hours so was going to for go Internet. My husband complained (where isn't there free wifi?!?!) and they agreed to waive charge.
Room was ok but not huge, will stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Bethiejo
Ami W, Public Relations Manager at Detroit Marriott Troy, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Bethejo we thank you and your husband for staying and are happy to hear that you plan to return! We'll look forward to seeing you again soon. Safe travels.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

1 night stay in room 912 for business.

The hotel accepted a $104 Priceline bid. It is a good value at that price.

A few hundred feet from I 75 and very close to Somerset Mall, it is in a good location.

The lobby is pleasant. Open with a nice lobby bar. Modern with clean lines.

The rooms/bedding were spotless. Perhaps the cleanest hotel I've ever stayed in. Room size was average. Beds were soft and very comfortable.

The rooms are just a little boring. None of the cool feel of a newer Westin or Hyatt.

The elevator is very loud. It didn't wake me but while awake it sounds like a clothes washer is starting up every 20 seconds. The walls are also thinner and you can easily hear people in adjoining rooms. The doors have little soundproofing and people walking through the hallway are heard no matter how quiet they try to pass through the hall.

A good business hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013
3  Thank flyfishingattorney

Flyfishingattorney, thank you for your kind words about our property. As for your note that our rooms are a bit "boring", we agree. We truly do agree. And thus... we offer some exciting news! That news is that our guest rooms will be undergoing an entire renovation in 2014! We hope that you will return then and experience the new design. Thanks again for visiting Oakland County.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I stayed at the hotel this past week, and received quite a nice discount associated with a conference I was attending. Prior to calling I researched options that might save me some money, but when I heard that the Room was $96 a night, I opted to book 2 nights at the hotel. Good thing I did, we had a snow storm and it would have been a major hassle bringing my product and displays in thrugh the snow. My company sent product from the home office, which the staff was very helpful in retrieving and storing for me. The rooms were very quiet. Outstanding beds! Great pillows! Great lounge area downstairs with full meal service. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I was on the 15th floor. The elevators are fast (there are 4), so access is convenient.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Tallyho078

Tallyho078, thank you for staying and for writing your review. We love when guests comment on our beds and bedding as Marriott goes to great lengths to assure a truly delightful sleep experience at our properties. Thank you for the review and for the five stars. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I've stayed at this property numerous times in the past, and several times this past January. (as a little background, my dad is Plat Premier and I'm Gold)

My grandmother had been sick so we stayed there while visiting her. The staff came to know me and my family, asking us how we were and how she was doing. Since we were there for a while, during the middle of the stay we were upgraded to the Hospitality Suite, which was basically a large living room with a dining room table, (pull out) couch and chair, desk, wet bar, and most importantly another bathroom. Since we were hoping we wouldn't be there that long, there were four of us in a standard room. Certainly not ideal, but we dealt with it given the circumstances. The staff didn't have to upgrade us to this suite (after all, suites aren't guaranteed as an upgrade), but they did and it was MUCH appreciated. It gave us quite a bit of additional room which was really nice.

I left after a few days, and a few days later unfortunately had to return after my grandmother passed away. I booked my own room this time as there was now more availability. The staff remembered me, welcomed be back, apologized for our loss, and asked if there was anything they could do for us.

The hotel is great...clean rooms, good location near numerous restaurants and shopping (Somerset Collection). I had breakfast in the Concierge Lounge a few times, and the staff in there was super friendly as well. One day I arrived just after they took most of the breakfast away, and said that I could have called and let them know I was coming and they'd put some stuff aside for me.

But really, enough can't be said about the fantastic front desk staff. One person in particular, Ray, really stood out. He was extra helpful by arranging the upgrade to the suite for my family, remembering our names, and just going above and beyond. Even only a few days into our stay, he knew us all by name and would always greet us when entering or exiting the hotel.

If I ever find myself in Michigan again, I will absolutely stay at this property.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Greg G

Greg, thank you and once again on behalf of our entire team, we offer our continued condolences about your grandmother. Thank you for staying with us an for all of your kinds words, especially about Ray, who is a very integral part of our front office team. We hope that the next time you find yourself out of the Garden State, you'll be heading our way. See you then and thanks again.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here one night for business. Staff went the extra mile. Rooms very nice and clean. Super quiet, slept wonderfully. Hotel restaurant very good. Bar service was nice. Great experience. Would come back for sure.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Denisetx

Denisetx, thank you not only for staying, but also for writing your review. We hope that your next experience will be a comparable success. Safe travels.